What is your Deciding Factor??

bubblercheez37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone knows that no one particular factor is going to dictate who wins (Some are more important than others but everything plays a role). But if you could pick one factor that is really going to be apparent to whether we win or lose the game what would it be and why??

For me its going to be protecting Rodgers. I don't think NYG can hang with us if we give Rodgers enough time to disect their secondary. If we protect Rodgers, we put up points fast, that makes them abandon their run game.

Examples:

Protect Rodgers
Rush Manning
Stop the Run
Special Teams play

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we know what you guys are going to do... it'll come down to the giants

will we be able to run the ball effectively and will we be able make life hell fo rRodger

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Protecting Rodgers trumps all. Sure Fynn is a good backup, but the heart and soul of our offense, the reason we have enjoyed so much success, is Rodgers.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are going to be a lot of quick passes because we are only going to be able to slow their DLine down. We won't stop em. I think Rodgers has a huge day along with finley.

Key to winning is turnovers. And we have a big advantage there.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We gotta hang on to the ball, no fumbles! Limit the drops as well. Being cold, I feel like there might be a couple fumbles in this game.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'll be who makes the least amount of mistakes (turnovers, dropped passes)

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Protecting Rodgers trumps all. Sure Fynn is a good backup, but the heart and soul of our offense, the reason we have enjoyed so much success, is Rodgers.
Agree 100%... Pats were undefeated and rolling over teams. Giants game plan was simple. GET TO BRADY. Even the pretty boys cannot function when they are flinching and running constantly. Brady had the deer in the headlights look from the 2nd quarter on. As good as Rodgers is, he is no better than Brady was then. If they get to him, they will win.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will Charlie Peprah hold up in the back hole?
Will Tramon, Shields, and Woodson get torched deep a few times by Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham?

Can Pickett, Raji, Howard Green get to Jacobs, or will we see AJ Hawk being dragged for 4 yards all the time?

Of course turnovers are huge. We don't stop offenses. We just get turnovers sometimes. But when we don't get them, we make guys like Orton, Freeman, McCown look good sometimes, we also can get royally torched by really good/great QBs like Brees, Warner, Manning.

I don't know how we slowed down Detroit so well on Thanksgiving, but I want to see that defense Sunday, and the following Sunday.... and 2 Sundays after that.....

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will Charlie Peprah hold up in the back hole?
Will Tramon, Shields, and Woodson get torched deep a few times by Nicks, Cruz, and Manningham?

Can Pickett, Raji, Howard Green get to Jacobs, or will we see AJ Hawk being dragged for 4 yards all the time?

Of course turnovers are huge. We don't stop offenses. We just get turnovers sometimes. But when we don't get them, we make guys like Orton, Freeman, McCown look good sometimes, we also can get royally torched by really good/great QBs like Brees, Warner, Manning.

I don't know how we slowed down Detroit so well on Thanksgiving, but I want to see that defense Sunday, and the following Sunday.... and 2 Sundays after that.....
If Raji can get a good push up the middle consistently we are in big trouble. Defensively we've GOT to generate some turnovers. They're sparse when playing GB. I see a big game from Rolle.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree 100%... Pats were undefeated and rolling over teams. Giants game plan was simple. GET TO BRADY. Even the pretty boys cannot function when they are flinching and running constantly. Brady had the deer in the headlights look from the 2nd quarter on. As good as Rodgers is, he is no better than Brady was then. If they get to him, they will win.

Rodgers mobility though helps us alot, he will be able to dodge some of the pressure. This is what makes Rodgers the most complete quarterback in the game in my opinion. He can turn a busted play into a big play, I think him and romo are #1 and #2 in the league in passing outside the pocket.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If Raji can get a good push up the middle consistently we are in big trouble. Defensively we've GOT to generate some turnovers. They're sparse when playing GB. I see a big game from Rolle.

Rolle? He is afraid of rodgers

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/11/rolle-wants-no-part-of-aaron-rodgers-again/

“Let me tell you something – that dude is scary,” Rolle said of Rodgers, per Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. “We have a great defense, and we were up on him and ready to pounce, and he found ways to tear us apart.

“I don’t ever want to face him again in my life. I am dead serious.
I’ll face Drew Brees any day of the week before I face him again

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that well, had it as my sig for awhile.
Of course, Rolle and the Cardinals got ROLLED the next week in New Orleans.

We have gotten Rolle two times now since he's been on the Giants though. Big last year week 16, and earlier this year of course.
I wonder what Antrell has to say now about Aaron 2 more games later......

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My deciding factors:

--Packer receivers DON'T DROP PASSES (You hear me Finley??)
--Packer secondary capitalize on your chances. DON'T DROP INTERCEPTIONS (Eli does tend to throw a few interceptable balls)
--Don't give up the big play. (That means you Tramon and you Peprah.)

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect there to be a couple drops though, for both teams. The weather is going to dip down into the low teens probably by the 2nd half. Hopefully we dont have more then 1-2 drops though!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We cant have the drops from KC come back
You know what else we can't have come back from that KC game?
That back official who called Jordy for TWO bullschit pass interference calls. And early in the game.

That had a serious affect on the game early and throughout the game. Remember, that was the first game without Jennings. Jordy met his match in a zebra who went Tim Donaghy on the Packers.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You guys think of all the refs, he is the only one who succumbed to the money, the greed, the temptation?

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what Antrell has to say now about Aaron 2 more games later......

The Giants defense has been a different group the last three weeks, giving up only 30 points combined in their last three must win games. I asked Rolle what made him think the Giants defense would hold the Packers under 38 points this around.
“I don’t think it. I know it,” Rolle said.

Latest posts