What is the greatest football team of all time?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I'm a little bias, but I think the '96 Packers have to rank right up there with the best ever. I could be wrong, but I think they were the only team in NFL history to have the #1 ranked offense and defense at regular season's end...

Who takes the top spot in your opinion of the all-time best football team?

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I know I'm a little bias, but I think the '96 Packers have to rank right up there with the best ever. I could be wrong, but I think they were the only team in NFL history to have the #1 ranked offense and defense at regular season's end...

Who takes the top spot in your opinion of the all-time best football team?

I second the opinion ND. Another would be the Niners of the 80s.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As you might have guessed I will add the 1985 Bears to that. (#1 defense, #2 offense)
The Steelers in the 1970s were pretty impressive and the Cowboys have had some killer teams as well.
There were some great teams like the Redskins and Raiders that get overlooked.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found out that I was correct on the '96 Packers team as being the only team to finish #1 in both offense and defense...they were the greatest ever.

dren23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few years back ESPN's Page 2 had the top ten. The 1985 bears were #1 on their list and also on the fan poll attached to the page. I don't remember if the 1996 pack were on that list.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
As you might have guessed I will add the 1985 Bears to that. (#1 defense, #2 offense)
The Steelers in the 1970s were pretty impressive and the Cowboys have had some killer teams as well.
There were some great teams like the Redskins and Raiders that get overlooked.

yes, da bears of 85. quite a few characters on that team, especially jim mcmahon. he was my fave.

V

Vikeman

85 Bears.... Anyone who says anything different just doesn't know football. Dominating defense (most ever), a great offense (with the best rb of all time) great coaching and a swagger that no team ever head. That superbowl shuffle was just the icing on the cake.

It's hard for me to say this as a Vikes fan but the truth is the truth.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 85 Bears have 1 Super Bowl. The early 90's Cowboys have 3, The 80's 49ers have 4. The 70's Steelers have 3. Its gotta be one of them.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aceschnd said:
The 85 Bears have 1 Super Bowl. The early 90's Cowboys have 3, The 80's 49ers have 4. The 70's Steelers have 3. Its gotta be one of them.

Not talking about dynasties here, just one team for one season but I understand your angle on the subject.

Dennis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aceschnd said:

You also have to remember that just when da Bears won the Super Bowl, control of da Bears was slipping firmly into the inept hands of Mike McCaskey. He was out to prove that he was in charge of the team and he did it by forcing boneheaded decisions down everyone's throats until he had destroyed that team...

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
85 Bears.... Anyone who says anything different just doesn't know football. Dominating defense (most ever), a great offense (with the best rb of all time) great coaching and a swagger that no team ever head. That superbowl shuffle was just the icing on the cake.

Best running back of all time? Barry Sanders never played for chicago.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
Vikeman said:

Never played in the Super Bowl either

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
big3 said:
Vikeman said:

Never played in the Super Bowl either

c'mon man...you know the playoffs are just like a superbowl in Detroit. :lol:

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's why they are having the superbowl in Detroit this year, they figured it was the only way the lions could ever go.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotta go my 62 packers oh how many championships did they win 3 oh lets not forget the 2 superbowls as well greatest team ever

Members online

Latest posts