What do you guys think about this?

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that people want defense for our first three picks, and I couldn't agree more. However, this may get a little interesting. Since the 49ers are probably taking Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers may fall...fall very far because of different team needs. Pat Kirwan of NFL.com thinks Rodgers may fall to the 24th pick of the 1st round.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8397241

What do you guys think about this? I say take him, but I'm still a little hesitant. However, you really can't say that this kind of talent will fall onto our laps again. I believe we can still get enough defense out of our 2nd and 3rd round picks. This is basically the only instance where I'd take a QB in this draft, if it happens, which is still highly unlikely.

ravage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB is high need position in the NFL otherwise these guys wouldn't be projected so early. Truthfully I don't like any of the QBs as true 1st round picks this year.

I still go best player available and I don't think a QB will be the best available.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i say you jump all over him, but i bet he won't be there. literally, i have a $50 bet that he will go in the top 9 picks. my boy in detroit was saying that they should take him to replace joey and i said they never get the chance, etc, etc.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer Kyle Orton... Can't say why - other than my neck itches on this subject...

(People don't believe me - but I do seem to have some type of ESP.... seriously....)

Also - Ever since the Ryan Leaf (Remember him?) drafting... All teams are a little skeptical at drafting any QB out there as the next great SuperStar! Like the other thread stated - hardly any true athlete type QB has come along in a long time.. And, unless they were given a play book secretly, then all of 'em have to learn whatever system each team might employ... Hell, it took Brett (what) two years to figure it out? Go back and review Brett's DVD inside of his bio-book.. You see him sittin' there while Holmgren is running the projector and Brett's blowing smoke up his ***.... big time! It's like he could care less. because he has such faith in his "true athletic" abilities.. and figures he can just college-boy it down the field and as the new hit saying goes....
BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!

Ben Rothlesberger is the first QB in a long, long time to ever come out the gate with a 15-1 record... ever! I can't think of anyone else to ever do that.. not off the top of my head - I'd have to research NFL.com, or whatever....

Oh, and don't forget - Trent Dilfer has a SB ring, too (go figure that)
That team did it with D-E-F-E-N-S-E !

Can you imagine Brett Favre being able to -

1)have had a younger Reggie White, ........or
2)the Defense (for several years) that Dilfer had that year... he got his ring?

Can you just imagine?!!!

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look there's no way he falls because i think that either miami or arizona will take him...maybe even the browns. I say if he does dont get him....get a QB in the later rounds. Cause whats more important? Adding players to a defense that sucked last year or having another quarterback sit behind Favre and have the possibilty of having Favre come back and play another 3 or 4 years?

OP
OP
W

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
don't believe the hype!

Aaron Rodgers will not fall that far. i'm accepting bets if anybody is interested. :wink:

Yea, I completely agree. But if it does happen, I'm leaning towards taking him because of our two great WR's. If Favre retires next season, God forbid, he'd have two great targets to bring him up to his potential.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts