What are the answers?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It starts at the top. Everything starts now with TT, just as it did with Sherman. The majority of the talent that Sherman started with this year was talent he drafted. He wasn't a good enough coach to win with what he gave to the team in talent. TT didn't make enough changes in a positive way to help his coach win either. Example, you can't allow two all-pro type guards to walk away from your team without having replacement ready to take over.

We all know injuries happen. Javon Walker was an outstanding receiver, but all teams get through injuries. "The Mouth", Ferguson wanted to be the next great receiver. Except he's always injured and now he's afraid to go catch a ball. Your two top running backs get injured. That's just bad luck, but if you have a decent line, you can still run the ball. Samcon proved that if you're quick enough to hit even a little hole you can gain yards. Bates did a nice job coaching a badly talented defense. Some might say he completed a miracle because there isn't any talent on this defense in my opinion. The special teams have been a travesty since Sherman took over as head coach.

So we all know that we had a terrible season and we're all blaming this season on unfortunate injuries. But coming out of the preseason we weren't injured and we were still playing bad. Why? Because this team is a badly prepared team. Sherm took a couple of very talented teams in the past to the playoffs but were iliminated early. His one shot was the game against Philly and we all remember 4th and 26. The argument can be made that Sherman won before. But the truth is also clear that he had some pretty special talent left over from Wolf's tenure and couldn't get it done

He has kept his buddies on the coaching staff when they weren't producing. He gave a lot of money to players who weren't big money players. The team is strapped financially because of blunderous moves as a GM. And it appears that even though this team hasn't quit, which is a good sign for Sherman, it also appears that he's not the guy to take this team back to the top. Remember, he couldn't win it all when he had the horses. At best he is a mediocre coach of a bad team. He can't motivate, he doesn't adjust quickly enough to the game on the field, and he has fairly poor coaching staff. I was wrong on that one too, because at the beginning of the season I thought he finally had made some moves in the right direction.

My view is that at the end of the season you make a coaching change and start over. There are a few good young coaches in the college ranks that look like up and comers. The coach at Iowa is in that category. Let the rebuilding project begin. And here is a final message for TT, stop taking shots at the great player in the draft and instead draft guys who can play and remember, you cannot afford to miss in the first round. You have a chance to pick an impact type player and this is the way to start rebuilding. I don't care what side of the ball you start with in this draft, just find an impact player, a guy who can turn the game around for you at any time of the game.

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman's Coaching Resume
83-84 Off Line Tulane
85-87 Off Line Holy Cross
88 OC Holy Cross
89-93 Off Line Tex A&M
94 Off Line UCLA
95-96 Off Line Tex A&M
97-98 TE, Assist. off line GB
99 OC/TE Sea
2000 HC GB
2001 HC/GM GB

Rosley's Coaching Resume
76 Off Asst. Rice
77 WR Cinn.
78-81 Passing Game Cord. Rice
82-84 RB/WR Mont. CFL
85 OC San Ant. USFL
86-87 OC Holy Cross
87 Off Asst. Den Dyn. Arena
88-89 OC SMU
90 QB Atl NFL
91-96 HC SMU
97 WR Chi NFL
98 Te Chi
99 QB KC
2000-05 OC GB

LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!!!!! Tell me one good team these guys ever coached. How did they end up coaching a team like GB? They are together linked from their days at the powerhouse Holy Cross 85-87 where they ran the run and shoot offense (or as Buddy Ryan calls it, The Chuck And Duck). Rosely calls plays like it's the chuck and duck days of the USFL or arena football. He also has the link to being Forest Gregg's coach at SMU another good bloodline. Sherman's claim to fame was being Holmgren's OC for one year. Being Holmgren's Oc is just a title, he calls all the plays, the Oc sits in the booth and let's Holmgren know what he sees from up there. Remember Sherm Lewis, he was Holmgren's OC in GB for a while, what happened to him when he left the Holmgren ambilicle cord? The Pack needs some Crediblity and NFL experience from the TOP DOWN.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I think we need a real coach here and not those two boozos...

I am sick and tired of seeing his "I dont have clue of what is happening here" face game after game..

PACKATTACK4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing, with all of Sherman's OL coaching background you'd think the Pack's OL would be better and not making so many stupid mistakes. But then again, none of those OLs he coached ever accomplished anything either.

Packman4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hang em' high, run this clown out of Green Bay! He is a disgrace to coaching. He has humiliated the Packer organization.

With a resume like that, I could be the next HC in Green Bay........ I have a pulse and I too can look like a deer in headlights!!!!

My little friend right here looks just like Sherman, does he not? :shock:

Members online

Latest posts