1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What about this idea?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by CHIpackFAN, Apr 15, 2014.

1. CHIpackFAN

CHIpackFAN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    I know some of you are not high on Eric Ebron but what about drafting him as a WR? Looking at some of the big WR's in this draft, Ebron is just as fast if not faster than them. i.e Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin. He is excellent at turning up the field on underneath routes and he is not afraid to make the catch across the middle. Don't kill me for this but i think this would be a great idea.

Thoughts.....

2. thequick12

thequick12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +34
    I think drafting him as a TE in the first round would be a great idea unless we are confident Finley will be healthy and back with the team at some point this season. And even then a two TE set with Finley and Ebron would be a nightmare for d coordinators.

• Like Like x 1
  3. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,823
    While Ebron is a fast guy for a TE, he´s not fast enough to get open when being covered by a CB.

4. CHIpackFAN

CHIpackFAN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    I think he ran somewhere in the area of 4.6, I think that is more than enough speed to get off against at CB, IMO. With a 6-4 frame, I think he would do just fine.

5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,823
    Ebron doesn´t possess the straight line speed to outrun CBs. He didn´t compete in any other events at the combined like the 3 cone drill or the 20 and 60 yard shuttle which would tell us more about his ability to get open on short routes, but with his limited blocking ability I guess he would have prefer being a WR but is probably not fast enough to play there.

6. Pack-12

Pack-12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    I think it would be a better idea to just draft a WR to play WR

7. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +219
    As much as I would love to draft a TE so we can end up paying him WR money to play out of position, I think I'd rather draft a TE to play TE. I'd rather see us draft a big dude that can block. Troy Niklas would be sick. ARod doesn't need elite weapons to be an elite quarterback. Just get him some mid-level support and he'll be good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,666
    It's an interesting thought, though I agree with the comments above that you'd like your WRs to run better than 4.6, especially when you're spending a first round pick.

Besides, Ebron is not likely to be left on the board at #21 whereas there is quality high-round depth at WR in this draft.

Trying to trade down a few spots and taking Marqise Lee would have some appeal. $pending $16 mil/year, give or take, to sign both Nelson and Cobb should be viewed as problematic.

• Agree Agree x 1