Week 4 PFF Grades vs Patriots Best and Worst

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look each week someone again brings up don't blindly trust these figures, no kidding folks. Everyone knows this. However, as you will see if you study stats...as players stack games and turns into a season it is VERY rare that a PFF grade doesn't help illustrate how well a player is playing, even if they may have a statline which everyone's eyeballs go to and doesn't look off of. Take PFF grades as just another metric, nothing more nothing else.

Again 10 snap minimum enforced.

Best Offense:
Allen Lazard 75.5
Aaron Rodgers 74.0
Elgton Jenkins 73.8
Aaron Jones 72.4
Christian Watson 71.3

Best Defense:
Rashan Gary 93.4
Rudy Ford 78.9
Adrian Amos 77.1
Jarran Reed 69.5
Darnell Savage 67.5

Worst Offense:
Josiah Deguara 41.6
Romeo Doubs 52.6
David Bakhtiari 55.4
Tyler Davis 58.1
Robert Tonyan 62.6

Worst Defense:
Kingsley Enagbare 28.8
Quay Walker 38.5
De'Vondre Campbell 41.9
Jonathan Garvin 43.2
Dean Lowry 46.8

Tyni's thoughts:

Rodgers SUCKED the first half. You won't convince me of otherwise. His second half clearly elevated his score but I think personally it is not fair being as high as he is.
Runyan has officially refined into an excellent pass blocking guard in this league...meanwhile I think Jenkins might be best served at guard where he is ELITE. I give Yosh the edge at RT IF he can play it as well as LT.
I loved a lot of what I saw from Rudy Ford and honestly I think a new team, new chance has him just pumped and flying around.
Nixon quietly had a SOLID game seeing a ton of snaps with Jaire out again (31 snaps)
Quay is right now is worse than Blake Martinez or Krys Barnes ever was against the run.
The roller coaster that is Darnell Savage had a GOOD game with him showcasing some of the raw skills he has.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR will still be Top 3-5 quarterback worst case this year

His rookies have dropped TWO TOUCHDOWN passes, perfect throws by the way.. the season is young and they are rookies, but ultimately it is THEIR JOB/profession to produce and catch those

I see great promise In Doubs overall though

He's gotta clean up some stuff too for sure, but I'm not worried about him being a top PFF and stats guy by EOY

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Worst Defense:
Kingsley Enagbare 28.8
Quay Walker 38.5
De'Vondre Campbell 41.9
Jonathan Garvin 43.2
Dean Lowry 46.8

Really disappointing list on the defensive side of the ball. I read earlier that Campbell has more missed tackles at this point then he had all of last year. Walker, while I know was drafted to stop the run, is going to take some time to develop. Not that I'm giving him a pass. He needs to play better. I just understand why his play will be up and down. I felt like Lowry kind of stepped his play up last year as to prior years. He seems washed to me now. However, to have four linebackers on the list and with the grades they have is just frustrating. This was supposed to be the year the defense takes over. Especially with as much capital as they have put in with the draft and pay. Thank goodness for Gary.

All is not lost and that is not the message I'm trying to send. I think they can play better and will play better. It's time to step it up.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worst Defense:
Kingsley Enagbare 28.8
Quay Walker 38.5
De'Vondre Campbell 41.9
Jonathan Garvin 43.2
Dean Lowry 46.8

Really disappointing list on the defensive side of the ball. I read earlier that Campbell has more missed tackles at this point then he had all of last year. Walker, while I know was drafted to stop the run, is going to take some time to develop. Not that I'm giving him a pass. He needs to play better. I just understand why his play will be up and down. I felt like Lowry kind of stepped his play up last year as to prior years. He seems washed to me now. However, to have four linebackers on the list and with the grades they have is just frustrating. This was supposed to be the year the defense takes over. Especially with as much capital as they have put in with the draft and pay. Thank goodness for Gary.

All is not lost and that is not the message I'm trying to send. I think they can play better and will play better. It's time to step it up.
Rashan will be Top 5 (or 3) defensive player by end of year. He might even win DPOY, he is that good already....and only 24 LOL

Agree on Campbell, you figure offenses are keying in more on him? Still fairly solid in coverage though but too many missed tackles in run game

Quay looks good overall but agree needs more consistency in run game. Would give him somewhat of a pass on some things like Doubs until mid season
*although ILB is a position that can usually have a shorter learning curve on D than WR on O

Like the progress on Wyatt and would like to see more

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worst Defense:
Kingsley Enagbare 28.8
Quay Walker 38.5
De'Vondre Campbell 41.9
Jonathan Garvin 43.2
Dean Lowry 46.8

Walker was drafted to be able to function from a pass defense perspective in Nickle personal while also hopefully being decent against the run. It is because of his range and athleticism he was drafted...he is struggling however when big boy football is ran at him.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Walker was drafted to be able to function from a pass defense perspective in Nickle personal while also hopefully being decent against the run. It is because of his range and athleticism he was drafted...he is struggling however when big boy football is ran at him.
That means he is going to get a lot more big boy football run at him. They will always pick on the weak links.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ford and Nixon have been solid both on defense and special teams. Now if we can just find a Reagan.......

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I'm surprised Jenkins didn't get in the list for offense. He was a turnstile at times. I wonder if he is really cut out to be a RT.
The Packers are trying Nijman at right tackle to allow Jenkins to move back to guard. I believe they see the same things you are seeing.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm surprised Jenkins didn't get in the list for offense. He was a turnstile at times. I wonder if he is really cut out to be a RT.
Jenkins was on the good offense list. What they saw to rate this is not the eyeball test you & I remember.
Best Offense:
Allen Lazard 75.5
Aaron Rodgers 74.0
Elgton Jenkins 73.8
Aaron Jones 72.4
Christian Watson 71.3

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jenkins was on the good offense list. What they saw to rate this is not the eyeball test you & I remember.
Jenkins had two specific bad reps that caught my eye, like terrible reps. Similar to how King could play excellent or adequate an entire game but get beat bad on one rep and he was most wanted #1.

I don't think Jenkins has been a detriment out there, and honestly is still even if not 100% one of our best - compared to what he always was he isn't as good yet. I liken it to Aaron Rodgers...his first half SUCKED. It sucked even more so because he is so freaking d*** good - so relatively his bad feels autrocious lol Jenkins is almost the same to me.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jenkins would make a fine right Tackle, but at present I don't think he moves well enough in space. not that he can't, he's just fresh off a pretty quick recovery for a big guy on that knee. I think if everything goes well, physically he'll be better equipped to do it next year.

At guard i think they can help protect him from all that space until he's physically better. He does ok most times, but i think he'd be doing better at guard right now. if someone else can do ok most times out at RT, i'm for it and slide him down.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look each week someone again brings up don't blindly trust these figures, no kidding folks. Everyone knows this. However, as you will see if you study stats...as players stack games and turns into a season it is VERY rare that a PFF grade doesn't help illustrate how well a player is playing, even if they may have a statline which everyone's eyeballs go to and doesn't look off of. Take PFF grades as just another metric, nothing more nothing else.

Again 10 snap minimum enforced.

Best Offense:
Allen Lazard 75.5
Aaron Rodgers 74.0
Elgton Jenkins 73.8
Aaron Jones 72.4
Christian Watson 71.3

Best Defense:
Rashan Gary 93.4
Rudy Ford 78.9
Adrian Amos 77.1
Jarran Reed 69.5
Darnell Savage 67.5

Worst Offense:
Josiah Deguara 41.6
Romeo Doubs 52.6
David Bakhtiari 55.4
Tyler Davis 58.1
Robert Tonyan 62.6

Worst Defense:
Kingsley Enagbare 28.8
Quay Walker 38.5
De'Vondre Campbell 41.9
Jonathan Garvin 43.2
Dean Lowry 46.8

Tyni's thoughts:

Rodgers SUCKED the first half. You won't convince me of otherwise. His second half clearly elevated his score but I think personally it is not fair being as high as he is.
Runyan has officially refined into an excellent pass blocking guard in this league...meanwhile I think Jenkins might be best served at guard where he is ELITE. I give Yosh the edge at RT IF he can play it as well as LT.
I loved a lot of what I saw from Rudy Ford and honestly I think a new team, new chance has him just pumped and flying around.
Nixon quietly had a SOLID game seeing a ton of snaps with Jaire out again (31 snaps)
Quay is right now is worse than Blake Martinez or Krys Barnes ever was against the run.
The roller coaster that is Darnell Savage had a GOOD game with him showcasing some of the raw skills he has.
I was pleased with Rudy Ford. We needed him Sunday even though it was a 3rd string QB. As for Quay I believe he had something to do with forcing a fumble in the Bucs game. Give him more time.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was pleased with Rudy Ford. We needed him Sunday even though it was a 3rd string QB. As for Quay I believe he had something to do with forcing a fumble in the Bucs game. Give him more time.

Oh I'm not writing him off, his raw athleticism is special...his run defense just sucks atm is all.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole Lowry thing sticks in my craw - blind loyalty perhaps but is needed in spot duty. I have no clue what is goin on w Campbell.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole Lowry thing sticks in my craw - blind loyalty perhaps but is needed in spot duty. I have no clue what is goin on w Campbell.

Lowry on the whole season so far has easily been out second best DL many would say and grade it out as truly.

Reaction score
So who do you think has been our 2nd best? Wyatt, Reed or Slaton? I'll concede Reed could be it but not by a ton.
Well Wyatt has barely seen the field so Not Enough info there.
Reed is our 2nd best imo, then Lowry a close 3rd.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm used to seeing our weekly grades by now. You having an off week too Tynimiller? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts