We need to stay aggressive on O.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am shocked at the negativity here. Like a bunch of witch hunters, waiting for the perfect moment to get the lynch party together, and drive the stake into the ground. We have one game where things dont go our way, and we attack our qb and hc? What the heck is wrong with you people?

I have been waiting years for mccarthy to give rodgers the opportunities to open up the field. It took him a decade and two mvps to trust him enough to let him off the leash...
But seriously. The vikes defense is dominant. Accept it. As usual the oline is taking its time getting settled in. Our young receivers are on a slow learning curve. And jordy is on a comeback of the year. But a come back none the less. We havnt tapped into cook...
You complain about the long passes? What happens when we start hitting on those???
I think our oline will settle in around mid season as usual. Rodgers and his wrs will tune up their routes, and start connecting on these longer plays. This will open up the whole field for lacy/starks to run free. And then we add our under rated tes. Its a recipe for a ring. Who cares if we lose a couple games early on. Its all about peaking week 17-to the end.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, where to begin?

If you're shocked, I don't know how you managed to post 1480 times without realizing that fans/posters are not pleased when our millionaires under-perform.

Pretty sure that, if we were hunting witches and got our lynch mob together, we wouldn't be driving a stake into the ground.

We don't have one game where things didn't go our way. The first game was a sloppy/ugly win, which doesn't do much to alleviate the fear some of us have of the "get into the playoffs, get quickly/painfully out of the playoffs" scenario we've seen for five years now. The offense hasn't produced well since at least the last half of last year.

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic about open up the field, but I think you'd have plenty of folks willing to tell you that AR has been throwing deep for a while now.

Your comments about the OLine, receivers, Jordy, and Cook are right on, but (a) that's not all and (b) seems to refute your own point.

What will happen when (if) they start hitting the bombs - we'll smile and say "where have those been?"

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am shocked at the negativity here. Like a bunch of witch hunters, waiting for the perfect moment to get the lynch party together, and drive the stake into the ground. We have one game where things dont go our way, and we attack our qb and hc? What the heck is wrong with you people?

Is that you Kevin?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Seriously though, pretty much all you said is true. I think everyone knows that things could be better and many realize that things will be better but as so many have said, its not just 1 game. Our offense has been under-performing for a quite a while now and there are no real signs of things changing. That is what has so many people frustrated. That and all the people screaming "all is well"

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that you Kevin?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Seriously though, pretty much all you said is true. I think everyone knows that things could be better and many realize that things will be better but as so many have said, its not just 1 game. Our offense has been under-performing for a quite a while now and there are no real signs of things changing. That is what has so many people frustrated. That and all the people screaming "all is well"
You didnt see the injuries effect last year? And you are all willing to throw in the towel so easily.. .

Weak. Weak minded. If you dont have the sack to follow through, you shouldnt have the responsibility in the first place.
Take a step back to regroup? Maybe. But this whiney bull crap from all the haters out there is just pathetic.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
But this whiney bull crap from all the haters out there is just pathetic.
IMO all whining is criticism, but not all criticism is whining. Also just because one is not all-in, gung-ho, rah-rah, you tell 'em, does not equate to being a hater. Tough love?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You didnt see the injuries effect last year? And you are all willing to throw in the towel so easily.. .

Weak. Weak minded. If you dont have the sack to follow through, you shouldnt have the responsibility in the first place.
Take a step back to regroup? Maybe. But this whiney bull crap from all the haters out there is just pathetic.

Personally, I haven't seen many people ready to throw in the towel or standing on a ledge, I am sure they are out there though. I think you are confusing criticism and skepticism with hatred. If we all sat in this forum and stroked our own as well as the Packers collective egos on all the things they did right, it would just become a big circle jerk of over positive homers. While its also fun to dream and throw out wild ideas like some are known to do, if you are going to do that, you are also opening yourself up for comments back, in favor or against. That doesn't make those people haters, but participants in the conversation that you started.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I haven't seen many people ready to throw in the towel or standing on a ledge, I am sure they are out there though. I think you are confusing criticism and skepticism with hatred. If we all sat in this forum and stroked our own as well as the Packers collective egos on all the things they did right, it would just become a big circle jerk of over positive homers. While its also fun to dream and throw out wild ideas like some are known to do, if you are going to do that, you are also opening yourself up for comments back, in favor or against. That doesn't make those people haters, but participants in the conversation that you started.
Youd rather sit and dwell on the negatives than the positives. As far as criticism, and skepticism. im not hearing it. Im hearing a smart *** deliberately belittle me. You should know i wont put up with that kind of treatment without a fight by now.
Now im not expecting all the negative nancys to magically sprout some optimism or some diligence because what i say. But i damn well dont expect people to ask like its a ****ing joke.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Youd rather sit and dwell on the negatives than the positives. As far as criticism, and skepticism. im not hearing it. Im hearing a smart *** deliberately belittle me. You should know i wont put up with that kind of treatment without a fight by now.
Now im not expecting all the negative nancys to magically sprout some optimism or some diligence because what i say. But i damn well dont expect people to ask like its a ******* joke.

Since this seems to be directed at me, I will respond. Eli, you are the king of throwing stuff at a wall to see what will stick. If you want to take that as mocking you, so be it, it wasn't intended to be. With that meme, I was simply pointing out that we all have our theories and reasoning behind what we think is wrong or right with the Packers. That is what makes this a forum. If you are going to take offense to that and start calling people ****** bags anytime someone doesn't agree with you or share your optimism, you miss the point of what this forum is about.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since this seems to be directed at me, I will respond. Eli, you are the king of throwing stuff at a wall to see what will stick. If you want to take that as mocking you, so be it, it wasn't intended to be. With that meme, I was simply pointing out that we all have our theories and reasoning behind what we think is wrong or right with the Packers. That is what makes this a forum. If you are going to take offense to that and start calling people ****** bags anytime someone doesn't agree with you or share your optimism, you miss the point of what this forum is about.
This isnt throwing stuff on the wall to see if it sticks. Its simply not understanding how our hof qb magically sucks now because of a 3 pt loss. People should understand the injuries on offense last year effected our production. Still we had to lose adams in the wild card and cobb early in divisional game, to lose a close game... All in all i am still optimistic that all we need is to stay healthy.
The logic and strategy that led us to being aggressive on offense has been years of work. Drafting a hoard of wrs. Our oline being built to pass protect. ...and in an instant we not only throw that away. But then we throw our qb and hc under the bus?!?!

All in all. Wr need adams to catch a couple more of those balls. One less turn over. A fg instead of 4th down. Or any number of plays go a different way. And we win. None of this even gets brought up...

I just dont understand. Do people not know what the strategy is? We need to have the threat of the deep ball to open up the offense! The short pass and run will look dominant if teams respect our deep ball. Without it we are predictable and play on a much smaller field.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Offense will stay stale until they learn how to beat press coverage. MM favorite word is fundamental im tired of hearing that im tired of seeing these receivers getting pressed. He is using his tools so wrong. trevor davis runs a 4.2-4.3 40 and can catch I think the kid is something special. Packers have the tools but MM need the brains to use them. We have a beast of a FB in RIP he barely saw action in the viking game. No identity on O. Start the game with just getting simple completions get in a grove where are the slants i didnt even see any screens, we used to be the best screen running team in the league. Its a struggle just to get a first down now a days.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you that we have to stay aggressive on offense, but more in the sense that we need to slow down and keep trying different formations and personnel and keep our opponents off balance until we find a way to have solid, extended drives.

the rest of your post is a bunch of nonsense.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isnt throwing stuff on the wall to see if it sticks. Its simply not understanding how our hof qb magically sucks now because of a 3 pt loss. People should understand the injuries on offense last year effected our production. Still we had to lose adams in the wild card and cobb early in divisional game, to lose a close game... All in all i am still optimistic that all we need is to stay healthy.
The logic and strategy that led us to being aggressive on offense has been years of work. Drafting a hoard of wrs. Our oline being built to pass protect. ...and in an instant we not only throw that away. But then we throw our qb and hc under the bus?!?!

All in all. Wr need adams to catch a couple more of those balls. One less turn over. A fg instead of 4th down. Or any number of plays go a different way. And we win. None of this even gets brought up...

I just dont understand. Do people not know what the strategy is? We need to have the threat of the deep ball to open up the offense! The short pass and run will look dominant if teams respect our deep ball. Without it we are predictable and play on a much smaller field.

No one is saying Rodgers suddenly sucks because of a 3 point loss to the vikings last weekend. IF they are saying he sucks at all (which very few, if anyone, is actually saying) it is because since the Denver game last season he has definitely played below what we have come to expect from him. It wasn't just one game, its going on a full season now that he has played below his standards. If you can watch AR in the last half of last season and honestly say he was not off his game then I don't know what to say. You are either a blind homer or you are simply blind. Injuries did affect our production last year but we are supposedly healthy now so where is the offensive juggernaut of which you speak.

You don't understand how we can be so negative because you think everything is fine and there is nothing wrong with the way Rodgers is playing. If you could just understand that we don't all feel that way it would be easy for you to understand why we are so negative. Some of us don't think everything is fine and some of us do think there is something wrong with the way Rodgers is playing so that is why we can be so negative.

Maybe that we are so negative is not truly what you don't understand. Maybe what you really don't understand is why we don't think everything is fine. If that is the case it makes more sense but either way its still our opinion against yours. I could say I don't understand how anyone can root for the vikings but when I realize that there are some people out there who are viking fans (those poor souls) I do understand it.

Just because things will get better, and I do think they will, doesn't mean we have to sit back and be happy about the way things are going now.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree with most posters that fans aren't concerned because of a three point loss at Minnesota but the offense struggling for nearly an entire season as of now.

We need to have the threat of the deep ball to open up the offense! The short pass and run will look dominant if teams respect our deep ball.

Short to intermediate completions and a successful running game open up the deep ball though and not the other way around.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been waiting years for mccarthy to give rodgers the opportunities to open up the field. It took him a decade and two mvps to trust him enough to let him off the leash...

WHAT?!?!?!?

If you think Rodgers has been on a leash until recently then you have not watched a Packer game in about 6 years. The number one problem with this offense is the fact that Rodgers is allowed to do whatever he wants including dictating what personnel is on the field at any point in time.

Latest posts