We didn't sign Griffith, so here's who I want

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since I'm not horribly enamored with Miree, I would like TT to draft a little competition for him. IMO here would be a good choice.

Jason Snelling FB/TB Virginia

Overall: Snelling appeared in 12 games during his true freshman season in 2002. He caught 31 passes for 314 yards and four touchdowns and he rushed for 38 yards on nine carries. Virginia red-shirted Snelling in 2003. He started six of the seven games he appeared in during the 2004 season, rushing for 189 yards and a touchdown on 26 carries and catching five passes for 39 yards. Snelling started three of the 12 games he appeared in during the 2005 season, rushing for 325 yards and three touchdowns on 58 carries and he caught 19 passes for 140 yards. In 2006 he started 11 of 12 games at tailback, missing the Wyoming contest with a sprained ankle, and led the team in rushing with 772 yards and seven touchdowns on 183 carries (4.2 average). He also added 29 catches for 282 yards.

This seems to fit what MM wants to do, have a FB that can block as well as run. Snelling did a good job of blocking for Lundy while he was there, and the subpar numbers as the feature back IMO are more due to having a young line last year rather than Jason's abilities. Two years ago when D'brick was holding down the LT position, he had a few back breaking runs against FSU. I'm not advocating using a early pick on him, but would like to see us snag him in the 6th or 7th if he is still around.

Reaction score
FB Brandon Hancock, USC... I think he might be worth a look also.

Either way you chop it up, fact is the Packers need a FB. It's either be a late 2nd day draft pick or an undrafted Free Agent IMO.

Members online

Latest posts