We are fans of the Bucs and Rams tomorrow

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...d70ee091c0c?campaign=social_20131124_14876874

This week, you’re big fans of the Buccaneers and Rams on Sunday. Tampa Bay plays at Detroit while Chicago travels to St. Louis, and both games are going on at the same time as Packers-Vikings, so it’s going to be a ticker-update kind of day.

With the Lions and Bears tied for the NFC North lead at 6-4, one game ahead of the Packers, losses by them would matter most right now. The best path to the playoffs is to win the division, so those games will always take priority until further notice.

After that, there are four other games this week you should pay attention to that could factor into a potential Wild Card scenario down the road.

Former Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin can help his old team by having his Dolphins stop the Panthers’ current six-game winning streak, which has them at 7-3.

Another hot NFC team, 6-4 Arizona, has won three in a row, and you wouldn’t mind seeing the Cardinals stumble at home against the Colts.

Suddenly struggling San Francisco, also 6-4, visits Washington on Monday night, and it wouldn’t hurt if the Redskins end their losing streak before the 49ers do.

Last but certainly not least is the NFC East showdown between 5-5 Dallas and the 4-6 New York Giants at the Meadowlands, which will hit most of your FOX stations once Packers-Vikings concludes.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand the rationale ... but good lord, if the Pack don't beat the Vikies tomorrow (and style points don't count) I'm going to seriously have to start considering who I root for in the playoffs -- if I even watch the playoffs sans the Pack

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We, obviously, have to root for the Packers too.
It's meaningless if Bucs and Rams win but we lose.
Sure, we will still be one game behind but we need to start catching up this weekend instead of waiting any longer.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand the rationale ... but good lord, if the Pack don't beat the Vikies tomorrow (and style points don't count) I'm going to seriously have to start considering who I root for in the playoffs -- if I even watch the playoffs sans the Pack
Correct.
If we can't even beat the Vikings (and that's very possible IMO), then who cares.

I don't see the Bucs having much of a chance tomorrow in Motown (could be wrong), but the Rams have a 50-50 shot of beating Da Bears, per the point spreads.
That Rams defense is good, pass rush especially.

Go Rams.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Thing with me though Frank, is the belief that the Lions and the Bears always seem to bring their best effort. I know that sounds cliche but at least I didn't say "A" game -- then, I'd willingly let you guys pummel me - against Green Bay and seem to go semi-brain dead against other teams that they should beat -- is Tampa on a two-game roll?

I'm not ruling out Tampa coming out and snuffing the "Power of the Schwartz" but that's neither here nor there if our scrubs come out and stink 'er up at Lambeau for the 3rd loss in a row there. I'm not getting all negative because I'm a positive thinker by nature ... I'm just saying that the Pack sure could have used this week off. Hahaha... so could I. :)

Members online

Latest posts