We Are 5-0

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So can Finley. Don't ***** to the coaches about not getting the ball when you're going to drop passes, especially touchdown passes, that come your way.

agree....though I can forgive his comments over Roddy's, Finley at lest showed up even after the drops. White's been nothing but pathetic all season

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Finley better never complain about not getting the ball thrown to him enough. I love his talent, but when we needed it the most, he dropped the ball. Thankfully we shook off that rough start and showed them what we were made of.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agree....though I can forgive his comments over Roddy's, Finley at lest showed up even after the drops. White's been nothing but pathetic all season

Forgiven this time, though not forgotten. I don't want to hear that crap out of him again this season. Or any other season for that matter. Shut up and play your damn game. This team doesn't revolve around him. The sooner he realizes that, the more effective he'll be.

I agree Roddy White can shut the hell up now too. They had us on the ropes but failed to deliver a knockout blow, and we came back to put them away.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy on Finley! He had an off game tonight, it happens. He'll be back. Packers are the best 2nd half team ever! That was just brilliant! Those Falcons thought they had us beat at 0-14.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Did anyone think back to Atlanta letting Seattle come back from 24 points and nearly take the game over?

They played one good half on defense and that was it.

Reaction score
I'm not trying to defend Finley but 2 of his drops were actually nice grabs that were either punched out or knocked out by the Falcons. The touchdown catch he dropped too he should have caught. He was more worried about leaning into the end zone before he actually had the ball.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not trying to defend Finley but 2 of his drops were actually nice grabs that were either punched out or knocked out by the Falcons. The touchdown catch he dropped too he should have caught. He was more worried about leaning into the end zone before he actually had the ball.
Catch it.
Make the first down and then worry about the end zone.

Yeah Finley.
You *****ed about not getting the ball.
You get it thrown to you.
Now shut up.
(At least he did make a couple plays for first downs.)

Reaction score
Catch it.
Make the first down and then worry about the end zone.

Yeah Finley.
You *****ed about not getting the ball.
You get it thrown to you.
Now shut up.
(At least he did make a couple plays for first downs.)

Ya. It's unfortunate he had to say something because then when he doesn't make the play, it makes him look a 100 times worse. Fortunately for us, that was very uncharacteristic like for Finley.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta's D coordinator in the second half: "Don't worry, Favre will throw us a pick soon enough"...

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fun fact of the night: This is the first time the Packers went 5-0 since 1965, when Lombardi, Starr, Davis and the rest of the Packers won the 1965 NFL Championship against the Browns. Let's hope we can do the same this year.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Favre had a chance to make us 5-0 back in 1998, anyone remember that game?

We had the 4-0 Vikings coming into our house on Monday Night Football.

Randall Cunnigham shredded our defense giving up 4 touchdowns and 442 passing yards (Think that was a record of our most allowed passing yards in Lambeau) while opposite of him Favre had zero Touchdowns and 3 interceptions with a crappy 114 yards.

I'm sure he's surprised Rodgers didn't get 5-0 "sooner".

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are 5-0 and we have not played as well as we are capable of. The offense looks good, but it seems like after every game the offense has left me wanting more. This team is very talented and focused which is why they are 5-0. But as soon as they start firing on all cylinders they will be impossible to stop. I'm not bashing them in anyway I just think this offense can be flat out AMAZING. Maybe I am just too spoiled. It's all Rodgers fault he makes it look too easy.

I really like the adjustments Capers made after first 2 series. More blitzes and bump and run on the receivers. Falcons had 2 td's in first 2 series and after that we held them to a big fat O. It felt like earlier in the year and today's game we were playing the bend but don't break defense. I would like us to get back to the aggressive defense we played in the 2nd half last season and playoff run. As soon as Tramon gets healthy he can start playing up on top of the receivers. With our offensive firepower we should be able to play an aggressive defense without worrying about giving up big plays once in awhile.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta laugh at all the Finley hate. There are over 20 teams that wish they had a tight end half as talented. He can take over a game like almost no other TE in the NFL can. Nobody is perfect and I don't see any reason at all this year sitting at 5-0 to start pointing fingers or flaming anybody on the team. What makes a team great is when someone is always there to step up when one of their teammates has a bad day, and everyone has a bad day once in a while. I forgive him for wanting the ball. In fact, it was amazing that he held on to the ball on that last catch he made. The safety put a helmet on the ball running at full speed and he still secured it.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I have no problem with Finley wanting the ball; I do have a problem with him wanting the limelight. You want the ball, fine. You have comments, fine. You want to talk about it, fine. But do it privately, not on Twitter, Facebook, and social media networks or in the press.
There's no denying he is a great talent, and I am actually a fan, but I don't like the kind of comments he made being put out there in the public. I hope he can just let his performance do his talking in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts