1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Watching San Diego Replay on NFLN Right now....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Southpaw, May 6, 2012.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Good lord, I forgot just how bad our defense was...... even against Rivers who was awful last year two picks in his first 3 passing attempts but once again some of the guys out there don't even look like they're trying.

Game is in the second half now and I've counted at least 4 tackles missed by AJ Hawk and he's had some of the guys he's missed completely dead to right, and you'd think Mike Tolbert is Barry Sanders the way Hawk is grabbing air.

The pursuit by the ILB's is just pathetic.

Gates was playing on basically one foot and we still couldn't cover him

Our pass protection in this game was equally as bad. At least 4 sacks in the first half. Granted coverage was good but they tore our line up pretty much every time they blitzed.

Hopefully we don't have to endure this type of crap next season

2. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    YES it is TACKLE FOOTBALL!

3. Southpaw

Ratings:
    +422
    Now with a 21 point lead it will disappear in a matter of minutes if I remember right. I'm going to have to see what exactly went wrong with the defense

4. Southpaw

Ratings:
    +422
    This is hard to watch.

5. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Do Not Worry The Packers will win.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +156
    I hope so...........I have money on this game!
    Trapped

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    It was a typical Packers 2011 game right there.

Our offense was great.
    Our defense sucked.
    We won.

The problem was that the Giants didn't lay down and roll over on defense like everyone else, plus of course our offense made a season's worth of mistakes all in one game.

But as normal, our defense failed to make any plays, never came close to strip-sacking, or picking Eli off.

Yeah AJ Hawk was awful that game..... it's no wonder why Teddy traded up to draft himself Terrell Manning outta NC State last weekend.

8. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Rodgers was ridiculous.

Man it's tough to believe how bad Rivers was at times last year. I have a feeling he might make up for it this season though.

9. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    I'm still hung over from tailgating with Rizzo, Realcaliforniacheese, Green Bay Gal, and others prior to that game...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +400
    The players (if they're not doing it already)should have to pay $500 per missed tackle per game. Then add the rule where if you miss more than 5 tackles in 1 game it doubles to $1000 per missed tackle. The next game it would go down to $500 again. Their game check is probably $80-100,000 & that's on the low end. After last season they would've had close to $45,000. Then after the season is over they can donate the money to some charitble orgnization.

• Like Like x 2
  11. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Now thats what I'm talking about.

12. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Yeah Baby, what a party, and what a game. I made the TV right after the last interception. you can see my for about 3 frames if you go slow mo. Unfortunately I was High fiveing everyone behind me.

Rivers had to go to a silent count that day cause Packer Nation made it a home field for the Pack. In spite of our defense is was an incredible day and game.

13. Rocky11

Rocky11 Superbowl bound Pack

Ratings:
    +62
    I hope we don't have to live through that garbage this season. It was so hard to take. I hope some of these rookies can help.