Walker to Dolphins for 1st is very possible

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talked to a guy who lives in Miami. He said it looks like there could be a deal worked out in which the Packers would give up Javon Walker and a 2nd round pick and move up and get the #16 pick in the Draft. The deal would likely happen while the Dolphins are on the clock since TT would probably like to know what's on the board at that time.

I think this is a pretty good deal for both sides. We could add some more help with that pick. Even a WR maybe. Like Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Talked to a guy who lives in Miami. He said it looks like there could be a deal worked out in which the Packers would give up Javon Walker and a 2nd round pick and move up and get the #16 pick in the Draft. The deal would likely happen while the Dolphins are on the clock since TT would probably like to know what's on the board at that time.

I think this is a pretty good deal for both sides. We could add some more help with that pick. Even a WR maybe. Like Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson.

Losing Javon to gain 20 or so spots is not worth it. I think we need to get an extra player for Javon. Maybe a 3rd and 4th this year ... something like that or a 2nd and promising OL?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
that's a terrible deal. we give up javon and a second round pick for one first round pick? no thanks.

Yea to me it seems we lose two gain one and I think we should be losing one and gaining two ... thats just my opinion though.

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That type of a deal is the difference in getting Chad Greenway type of player to a DeMeco Ryans.. There is much better value in the top 20 than there is in early round 2.

Perhaps Green Bay can get a 4th or 5th round pick in it as well.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not so sure that is a bad deal. It's better than most of the ones I've heard yet. Porky is right 16 is right about the spot where the top WR's are projected to go. If we take Hawk with #5, we can take a receiver with #16. I'm kinda liking it.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mattresell said:
Denver and Philly might snatch up those two wideouts anyhow.

Which is why TT would wait until Miami is on the clock. If there is one of them there and he LOVES the guy, I think you do the deal.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Team may accept a second-round pick for J. Walker
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:33:00 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of PackersNews.com, reports the Green Bay Packers want a first-round draft pick in exchange for WR Javon Walker. However, a source said there's always the chance they'd settle for a second-rounder from the New Orleans Saints or Denver Broncos. New Orleans has second pick of the second round, which is pick No. 34 overall. Denver has the fifth pick of the second round, which is No. 37 overall.

This is better not be true

Packers | Driver disgruntled over team's failure to redo contract
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:47:01 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver is mad that the team has not re-done his deal and wants to be traded or released.

It has to be Javon Walker

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we could possible get vernon davis and chad greenway if this is the case.....

big play receiver and a solid lineback you have to at least look at it.

but id rather see a 2 for 1 deal in favor for us.

how bout javon alone for their number 16 :D :D :D :D :D

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
Packers | Team may accept a second-round pick for J. Walker
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:33:00 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of PackersNews.com, reports the Green Bay Packers want a first-round draft pick in exchange for WR Javon Walker. However, a source said there's always the chance they'd settle for a second-rounder from the New Orleans Saints or Denver Broncos. New Orleans has second pick of the second round, which is pick No. 34 overall. Denver has the fifth pick of the second round, which is No. 37 overall.

This is better not be true

Packers | Driver disgruntled over team's failure to redo contract
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:47:01 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver is mad that the team has not re-done his deal and wants to be traded or released.

It has to be Javon Walker

Whats Drivers contract?

Would it be NFL exceptable to redue the contract? Or is it another Walker situation of sorts?

Does every team have to deal with this?

Or is this the Mike McKenzie effect?

Nice play by Driver...With Brett back...He's a must...Holding the cards.

*sighs*

I'm so sick of this stuff. :evil:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, i feel confident that if it IS true, it will never escalate into a McKenzie/Walker type situation... driver has more class than that.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
well, i feel confident that if it IS true, it will never escalate into a McKenzie/Walker type situation... driver has more class than that.

I agree that Driver is a class act---But phrases like "demand a trade/release." Make me think we're escalated. lol.

Well...Hopefully he now has TT's attention.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the Packers should do is rework Donald's contract prior to trading Walker. I believe we did this for Al Harris before exiling McKenzie to New Orleans.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
true, brother. and after the way driver manned up last season, i don't think anyone would deny him that. it would be a cold-hearted GM that would refuse to reward Driver's efforts from last year.

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i thought it was a 5 year 11 million contract.....didn't realize he had 2 years with 11 million left....is that right?