1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Vikings beat Cowboys to improve to 2-3

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by News Bot, Oct 17, 2010.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +50
    Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    Freaking Vikings!!! Favre got knocked around pretty good. They had better protect him better or he is not gonna last the season. Peterson looked good but might have an injury, haven't heard more on that. Cowboys have a short slant 2 yard line TD play to Roy Williams that they used twice resulting in TD. Favre said is post game he is worried about Green Bay next week. If ever there was a time for us rise from the ashes it is now. Beat them next week Pack, please!

3. Purplepeopleeater

Purplepeopleeater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    The Cowboys gave us that game. The Vikes looked piss poor, and could not close the deal in the fourth quarter when they should have been able to. As far as I am concerned the NFC North is up for grabs.

4. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,429
    But the thing that matters is you guys managed to come away with a win. They looked good to me but then again a bunch of monkeys on crack would look good playing the Cowboys at this time. It's going to make next week very interesting, both teams are struggling for different reasons. I agree that the NFC North is up for grabs but so is the entire NFC as a whole, I don't see a single break out team in the entire league right now who I would pick to win the SB or even the NFC or AFC at this point. It's a crazy season, got to just keep on rolling! Congrats on your win, it may not feel like much but it may be important if your team gets in play off contention.

5. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +861
    Right now we have parity beyond belief in the NFC. There are 5 teams at 4-2, 6 at 3-2 or 3-3 and the Vikings at 2-3. So after 6 weeks, 12 teams are still in the run for division titles. After dreadful offense in the first 5 games the Vikes are still only 1.5 games out of the division/first place of the NFC. Of the 4 teams on the back-end, I think the Lions actually have the best shot at going 8-8. After all they came close to taking out the Giants with their 3rd string QB. Stafford should be back the next game, and I expect them to beat the Skins at home. Dallas, the favorite of almost everyone seems to be self-destructing. San Fran can't find the tracks for the street car. And the Panthers seem to have been blown out to see by a hurricane.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,133
    Dallas is a mess. They need discipline. I might of traded a big name if I was jerry just to put some fear into the team.