USA Today article about the Pack

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading that article and considering we are coming off a bye week, i feel like we are gonna destroy the Broncos like 48-6. I think the extra week to make us fresh and prepare for them is gonna show next week

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, that's a nice long article. Thanks. I needed to read something like that coming off a bye week.

The Packers could really get people's attention with a win at Denver on Monday night.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
be nice to see our wynn get 20 carries and 100 rushing yards.

Hope his neck holds up. Somehow I think this week will be Ryan Grants comming out party... just a hunch.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care how the Pack win as long as they win. That was a great article though and it's nice to see the Defense get some love once in a while.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
be nice to see our wynn get 20 carries and 100 rushing yards.

I'd like to see that or have the rb's combine for 10 catches and 100 + yards.

Im very interested in seeing what adjustments our team is/has made during the bye week. McCarthy seems like the kind of guy who is good at adjusting(except for the Bears game) and im sure he has something up his sleeve.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see a dominant performance from the defense and some semblance of an effective ball-control game from the offense.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care how the Pack win as long as they win. That was a great article though and it's nice to see the Defense get some love once in a while.

Not me, my friend. I'm tired of these close games. I want to see a blow out. I want to see Packers win by at least 21 points one of these weeks.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats a heck of an article.. long and pretty freaking good.

the only thing im worried about is Jim Bates. He knows the defensive players and their tendencies and how to beat them. he knows everyone of Nick Barnetts weaknesses. All al's problem areas, all Nick Collins weak spots Hes been in our head and he knows our secrets. Its been two years now.... but i think it could still be a problem. still not that worried though.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good article but stuff like this turns you from being underrated to overrated. i'd love journalists ignored the packers and wrote them off so the chip on their shoulders would be bigger on sundays. I'd rather have the players say how great they are when they have SB rings or something.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

Not me, my friend. I'm tired of these close games. I want to see a blow out. I want to see Packers win by at least 21 points one of these weeks.

Everyone would like to see that happen but a win is a win. 17-14 is the same as 49-28 in terms of wins and loses.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree dl....Ryan Grant looks like a player...very versatile. I see him getting an increased workload for the remainder of the season.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked this Al Harris quote about Woodson:
"I was surprised when Wood first got here how hard he worked, because you hear things about guys. But you don't know a guy's ethic until you work with them."

I hate this McCarthy quote about Woodson:
"I find him remarkable on punt returns. He always makes good decisions. He doesn't fair catch. He always advances the ball 6, 8, 10 to 12 yards. At the end of the day, he's responsible for another 60 to 70 yards of field positions."

This is the best GB article I've read from a non-homer this year.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked this Al Harris quote about Woodson:
"I was surprised when Wood first got here how hard he worked, because you hear things about guys. But you don't know a guy's ethic until you work with them."

I hate this McCarthy quote about Woodson:
"I find him remarkable on punt returns. He always makes good decisions. He doesn't fair catch. He always advances the ball 6, 8, 10 to 12 yards. At the end of the day, he's responsible for another 60 to 70 yards of field positions."

This is the best GB article I've read from a non-homer this year.

Woodson does a good job on punt returns--better than most people think--but it is a stretch to say that he is responsible for another 60 to 70 yards of field position.

Members online

Latest posts