Update on Diggs progress down in Carolina

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah no doubt. diggs can play LB in this league for sure, but we were paying him a lot...

just one of those things. :(

he should help the panthers.

good stuff, patherd

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always liked Diggs and I kinda wish GB never released him. He was one of those guys who was nagged by injuries. When healthy he's a good player.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame that he is gone, but he is injury-prone, and was a very high salary cap number. I wish him the best though. Good luck Diggs.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always liked Diggs. He seemed like an intelligent guy and always gave 100%, that's really all you can ask for. Not his fault he got injured so much

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
He always played hurt. 4th rounder who started as a rookie.
No one on this forum said anything bad about him.
He just had too high of a contract this year.

I read where several of you guys mentioned his injuries and that he seemingly was always hurt? Maybe it's my skewed opinion due to having to deal with the talent and the injuries of guys like DeShaun Foster, Kris Jenkins and most of all Dan Morgan. They have had "injury problems."

To me, it appears that Diggs started and played all of 01, 02, and 03. He started out the 04 season by starting the first 11 games and then the final three games only missing two games. Then of course the 05 season hit!

He's essentially missed out on the 05 injury plagued season. Any 2 game injuries (like that of 04) are just part of the game and can nearly be expected from any position short of kicker or punter. We routinely miss guys for 4 or more games that are key to the group such as Foster, Jenks, and Morgan. A two game absence would be welcome in Carolina!

As for the money, we were fortunate because of the injuries that we were able to sign him to a one year veteran minimum (or thereabouts) to prove himself healthy. If healthy, my guess is that he, Morgan, and Thomas Davis will be the LB trio for the next few years down in Carolina.

Personally, with Diggs fighting against Adams, Seward, Anderson, Ciurciu, and Draft for the lone LB position open, I'm rooting for him. I think he's the most talented and qualified of the group followed by a guy you guys have no clue about... Adam Seward. If Diggs loses the position to any of the aforementioned group... remember the name, Adam Seward!

Members online

Latest posts