Unusual NFL Facts

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While looking something up, I found a couple of interesting scoring facts. What else can you find out there? Post it up and give a link:

Lowest-scoring game in NFL history​

Throughout the entire course of NFL history, 73 games have ended 0-0. However, that has not happened since the Giants and Detroit Lions did so in 1943. Similarly, five NFL games in history have finished with a score of 2-0. Again, this has not happened post-merger, with the last such game coming in 1938 between the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers.

The lowest NFL score in the post-merger history is 3-0. In the course of the Super Bowl era, it has happened a total of six times. The first one came in 1971 when the Minnesota Vikings defeated the Packers with a fourth quarter field goal by Fred Cox. The most recent occurrence was in 2007 during a torrential downpour when the Pittsburgh Steelers defeated the Miami Dolphins. In that game, Jeff Reed kicked a 24-yard field goal with 17 seconds remaining.

What NFL scores have never happened?​

A number of scores have never occurred in NFL history. No team has ever scored just a single point. This is because the only way to do so is for a defense to register a safety on an extra point. The lowest possible score in which a team scores just one point is 6-1. That is because, for a one-point conversion to happen, at least one touchdown needs to be scored.

In terms of more likely scores that could occur, the lowest score to have never happened is 14-8. There are several ways that this scoreline could occur. For instance, the winning team could score 2 touchdowns, or 1 touchdown, a two-point conversion, and two field goals. On the other hand, the losing team could either score a touchdown with a two-point conversion or score two field goals and register a safety.

A full list of all scores to have never happened can be found on nflscorigami.com.

How could teams score four points in a game?​

There are two ways in which an NFL team could score four points. Neither option is common, and four points have been scored just once in NFL history. This occurred in 1923 when the Chicago Cardinals scored four points against the Racine Legion. The Cardinals did so by twice scoring a safety. The only other option to score four points would be a field goal and to add a one-point safety by returning an extra point to the opposing end zone.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Half the time I can't remember why I got off the couch.:confused:
Ain't that the truth. I've been on a 12-day "looooooooonnnnnnnng weekend" - the holiday should be renamed No Labor Day ... anyway, I'm piddlin' around in the garden yesterday and while cleaning one of the fountains, I decided I needed something in the garage. Started walking toward the garage and was sidetracked by a neighbor momentarily, but continued to the garage. Once inside, I couldn't remember what the heck I needed and gave up, returning to the fountain in question. THEN I remembered ... ambled back to the garage, but noted a small bird barely treading water in a pond ... fished it out, got to the garage and guess what .. yep ... so, back out to the fountain, only to turn back toward the garage - A HOSE CLAMP *&^$%*&$& ... A HOSE CLAMP ... and I didn't have any that small. Grrrrrrr..... off to Menard's and once I got there, couldn't remember *** I went there for ... :poop::poop: ... OK, enough of this $*$% ... :roflmao::roflmao: ... yeah, I have an advanced case of C.R.S... Grrrr....

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had covid awhile back. One symptom that gradually got worse was that my short term memory went down the tubes. I would get up to do something and immediately forget what it was. It got pretty bad and was very noticeable. It lasted for a couple months after I no longer had covid and then the short term memory gradually got better. Weird that I never read about that being a symptom. I was injecting myself everyday for 10 days with something, I think for preventing blood clotting. So maybe that was the cause??

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had covid awhile back. One symptom that gradually got worse was that my short term memory went down the tubes. I would get up to do something and immediately forget what it was. It got pretty bad and was very noticeable. It lasted for a couple months after I no longer had covid and then the short term memory gradually got better. Weird that I never read about that being a symptom. I was injecting myself everyday for 10 days with something, I think for preventing blood clotting. So maybe that was the cause??
I heard that bleach will do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts