Unrestricted Free Agent Tavares Gooden

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a backup ILB for San Fran this past season and last and was a Raven for 2 or 3 years prior. He has played in the 3-4 for 2 of the best if not the overall best 3-4 defenses. He only made 700 K last year and hasn't really seen the field except for special teams because of the tremendous starters both those teams have had in front of him. I think he would be good cheap depth that could develop into a real contributor. If Hawk and his bad contract are cut loose then this is 1 under the radar value move I would like to see.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember seeing him at Miami and thinking wow.. Miami is Linebacker U. I can tell you he's way faster than Hawk. I'd still rather target Paul Krueger but Gooden wouldn't be a bad signing.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO Gooden is a more realistic target than Krueger. While it doesn't hurt to speculate, IMO it makes more sense to see what players' current teams are going to do. For example, if the Ravens figure out how to extend both Flacco and Krueger the Packers future failure to go after him (based on Thompson's history) becomes moot. Same with Gooden - the 9ers may pay him just enough for him to stay put. But at least Gooden is the type of UFA Thompson would sign, unlike Krueger who if he becomes an UFA would be part of the frenzy of the first couple of days of UFA which Thompson has completely avoided.

Members online

Latest posts