Unpopular Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Scrolling through the forums from the past few weeks, I feel like I have a very unpopular opinion:

I am not worried about this team. I mean honestly, yesterday was the best our offense has looked all season. If it was not for 5 missed field goals, the Packers win that game. The defense did not look that bad either, when the opposing offense gets the ball at the 1 yard line and two rare Aaron Rodgers strip sacks occur, you cannot really blame the defense. I feel like I am the only person not burning my Packers gear. RELAX! Don’t we ALWAYS lose a division game on the road we are expected to win? And with Aaron Rodgers healthy, don’t we ALWAYS make it into playoffs? Maybe I am being too optimistic, but the Lions were opportunistic yesterday and we were not. If you play that game over again, we win 9 out of 10 times. The Packers are the better team. Get Mason Crosby’s head right and were fine to move on.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I have to agree with you. The defense is ranked 10th. Rodgers has been banged up. I feel much better about this current team right now then years past moving forward.

James from IL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The nasty schedule is what makes me nervous. We NEED to get this win before the bye so we go into it 3-2-1, because right on the other side of the bye is big, scary monsters in LA and Boston.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The nasty schedule is what makes me nervous. We NEED to get this win before the bye so we go into it 3-2-1, because right on the other side of the bye is big, scary monsters in LA and Boston.

Yup, gonna go to game Monday as tix are coming easy right now. It's a "must win" and they rolling Beathard.

Rams are due for an "L" and have injuries mounting up with us coming off a bye.

At New England and Belichick have me worried but if we can split Rams and NE were good.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scrolling through the forums from the past few weeks, I feel like I have a very unpopular opinion:

I am not worried about this team. I mean honestly, yesterday was the best our offense has looked all season. If it was not for 5 missed field goals, the Packers win that game. The defense did not look that bad either, when the opposing offense gets the ball at the 1 yard line and two rare Aaron Rodgers strip sacks occur, you cannot really blame the defense. I feel like I am the only person not burning my Packers gear. RELAX! Don’t we ALWAYS lose a division game on the road we are expected to win? And with Aaron Rodgers healthy, don’t we ALWAYS make it into playoffs? Maybe I am being too optimistic, but the Lions were opportunistic yesterday and we were not. If you play that game over again, we win 9 out of 10 times. The Packers are the better team. Get Mason Crosby’s head right and were fine to move on.
I like your attitude! Can you give the team a pep talk?!?

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sorry, I guess i see the glass half empty. 4 things really worry me. first Packers are coming out FLAT more often than not, thats on coaching. We play from behind way to much. Second the Defense let the Lions go 4 for 4 in the redzone, the Lions have been horrible in the Redzone. And when we needed a stop late in the fourth quarter the Lions drove the length of the field. Third our offense has been bad in the Redzone...with 10 million dollar TE....miss Jordy. Lastly the penalties and special teams...just really bad...thats poor coaching. Motivation on this just not there...coaching again.

D

Deleted member 6794

sorry, I guess i see the glass half empty. 4 things really worry me. first Packers are coming out FLAT more often than not, thats on coaching. We play from behind way to much. Second the Defense let the Lions go 4 for 4 in the redzone, the Lions have been horrible in the Redzone. And when we needed a stop late in the fourth quarter the Lions drove the length of the field. Third our offense has been bad in the Redzone...with 10 million dollar TE....miss Jordy. Lastly the penalties and special teams...just really bad...thats poor coaching. Motivation on this just not there...coaching again.

The Packers defense allowed a total of two drives for more than 28 yards against the Lions, that's promising. I agree the red zone defense was terrible though.

You make some other valid points but I'm not convinced coaching is solely to blame for it.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am definitely more confident in our D, but it feels as if the strides we have made on defense have just mitigated the major steps back we took on offense. Arod simply hasn't looked good

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Sorry, we already have one Half Empty, we can't have another.

aristotle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"split the Rams and pats"- the Packers have no shot against either team. This current team is not worth the price of admission. I have suspended my Green Bay trips until further notice. I went to GB 12 years in a row and spent way too much money ($300+ per tix, and thousands on hotels and flights) to see zero effort and them getting way behind early, and never catching up.
There is no heart on this Packer team. 2-2-1 is a disgrace and no one cares. This team should be 4-1. Why can't Rodgers feel pressure from behind this year? He is constantly waiting too long to get rid of the ball. Losing Jordy Nelson has ruined this offense. Devante Adams drops too many balls. Cobb can't stay on the field. It is endless excuses, and it all adds up to 9-7. Whoopee.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I dont think it is an unpopular position. The doom and gloomers are just more vocal. Well, more likely to post.

For the reasons you mention there should be more optimism out there. If you will notice, there is a fringe of fans who seemingly love to hate the Packers. Some only show up when we are down to get their kicks in. They will disappear as soon as we start winning again.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I too am encouraged in the big picture.

The defense got put in some really tough spots on Sunday. They actually performed quite well. Rodgers was too careless with the football, but he will get that cleaned up just as he always does.

My biggest concern though is with Crosby. I hope that I am wrong, but I just don't see his kicking issues getting corrected in a consistent manner this season.

And overall, the entire football team needs to be buttoned up a little tighter. And that falls on McCarthy. He needs to make sure that all of the mental mistakes and all of the blunders are cleaned up. Can he do that? I'm sure he can. But if we continue to see trends of starting slow and things of the like, he needs to be held accountable.

Monday night is as close to a must win as a week 6 game can be, IMO. Cannot afford to go into the bye week at 2-3-1 with the Rams and Patriots looming.

Beat the 49ers, and split Rams/Patriots. That gets us to 4-3-1. From there, I feel as if we'll be fine.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m worried about Crosby too. His kicks don’t look bad, they just look off. Right, left or right into a crossbar or upright I guess technically. But it sounds more funny to say Mason Crossbar than Mason Upright.

Anyway, he needs to get it right, because I’m not sold on anyone else out there right now. Sure someone is better than 0-5’s and if he continues that there is no other choice but to move on, but what’s available might make a couple more kicks I’m sure they’ll have reliability issues as well

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It looked like Crosby yanked the 1st one. He twisted his lower body way too much and way too early imho. Then he overcompensated. Then he became a head case.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
"split the Rams and pats"- the Packers have no shot against either team. This current team is not worth the price of admission. I have suspended my Green Bay trips until further notice. I went to GB 12 years in a row and spent way too much money ($300+ per tix, and thousands on hotels and flights) to see zero effort and them getting way behind early, and never catching up.
There is no heart on this Packer team. 2-2-1 is a disgrace and no one cares. This team should be 4-1. Why can't Rodgers feel pressure from behind this year? He is constantly waiting too long to get rid of the ball. Losing Jordy Nelson has ruined this offense. Devante Adams drops too many balls. Cobb can't stay on the field. It is endless excuses, and it all adds up to 9-7. Whoopee.

Helps you off the band wagon, dusts you off and points you South to Chicago, you may find what you are looking for down there.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I offer my personal guarantee that they will not finish at 9-7.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think it is an unpopular position. The doom and gloomers are just more vocal. Well, more likely to post.

For the reasons you mention there should be more optimism out there. If you will notice, there is a fringe of fans who seemingly love to hate the Packers. Some only show up when we are down to get their kicks in. They will disappear as soon as we start winning again.

Haven't kept score, so you certainly may be correct about number of posts, but there's also certainly nothing to prevent the (opposite of doom and gloomers) from getting in their thoughts.

There are some Negative Nancies who post even when the team is winning, and ever since 2010, we've been right about tempering the enthusiasm. Actually, I was all for keeping a lid on it in 2010, and I was just as thrilled with the way things turned out as anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.