Underdogs?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am quite shocked the Packers are favored by 3.5 points. That means on a neutral field they think the Packers are slightly better than the Vikings. The Vikings have won a lot of close games, but good teams find a way to win close games. They're definitely the better team this season.
I am also. A team has a 12-3 record vs. your 7-8 record and has clinched the division already. That is insulting and will make Vikings ferociously angry in the playoffs. I know it involves betting but we should be 6 point underdogs. Have we played a truly impressive game all year? And do any of the teams we have beaten have a winning record? Dallas, Miami?

D

Deleted member 6794

I am quite shocked the Packers are favored by 3.5 points. That means on a neutral field they think the Packers are slightly better than the Vikings. The Vikings have won a lot of close games, but good teams find a way to win close games. They're definitely the better team this season.

I am also. A team has a 12-3 record vs. your 7-8 record and has clinched the division already. That is insulting and will make Vikings ferociously angry in the playoffs. I know it involves betting but we should be 6 point underdogs. Have we played a truly impressive game all year? And do any of the teams we have beaten have a winning record? Dallas, Miami?

FWIW according to Football Outsiders DVOA metric the Packers are ranked 11th in the league while the Vikings are 25th (!!!). They will run out of luck at some point.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW according to Football Outsiders DVOA metric the Packers are ranked 11th in the league while the Vikings are 25th (!!!). They will run out of luck at some point.
No better time than the present for AR to carve-up their secondary on a balmy January afternoon. ;)

Reaction score
I don’t think GB should be favored. My belief is neutral in that MN is about a ~3.5Pt favorite. That said, we are playing at home and our record in December-January games @ Lambeau is elite. Both Rodgers and Brady have another gear this time of the season and betting against them is not wise. Matt bet against Brady in the last drive of the NFC game and it likely cost him a SB.

I know Lowry hurt isn’t good. However I actually believe that Wyatt is nearly as good, but with a higher ceiling (more dynamic) and something to prove. When he sparks IDK? Him being held back might have hurt his growth. Wyatt could be much farther along right now, but even then it wouldn’t surprise me that he makes a big play or three if he gets 30+ snaps. I’ll take my chances with Wyatt, thank you.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think GB should be favored. My belief is neutral in that MN is about a ~3.5Pt favorite. That said, we are playing at home and our record in December-January games @ Lambeau is elite. Both Rodgers and Brady have another gear this time of the season and betting against them is not wise. Matt bet against Brady in the last drive of the NFC game and it likely cost him a SB.

I know Lowry hurt isn’t good. However I actually believe that Wyatt is nearly as good, but with a higher ceiling (more dynamic) and something to prove. When he sparks IDK? Him being held back might have hurt his growth. Wyatt could be much farther along right now, but even then it wouldn’t surprise me that he makes a big play or three if he gets 30+ snaps. I’ll take my chances with Wyatt, thank you.
I agree with Wyatt. You do not draft him that high only to sit on the bench as if he were a rookie QB needing 3 years of tutoring. The reason we drafted him was because we were weak on the DL since the days of BJ Raji and help was needed.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or it could have made him more hungry, something maybe he needed to be?

D

Deleted member 6794

However I actually believe that Wyatt is nearly as good, but with a higher ceiling (more dynamic) and something to prove. When he sparks IDK? Him being held back might have hurt his growth. Wyatt could be much farther along right now, but even then it wouldn’t surprise me that he makes a big play or three if he gets 30+ snaps. I’ll take my chances with Wyatt, thank you.

Here's an interesting read about Wyatt's development this season:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The terms first rounder and development seem awkward. When you are drafted in Round 1 and maybe 2 you should already have developed. Sure you learn and get better. But like a baseball player who spends 4 years in the minors he should have learned the fundamentals there. When he gets there he either has it or he doesn't.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
every day from Christmas Day on has felt more balmy than the last to me. I was wondering why I wore a jacket this morning
You know, I grabbed a 4-day weekend last weekend and nearly every waking hour involved snow removal (snow removal from my roof, my neighbor's roof, my son's roof and then from all of the concrete after it had packed down) with the exception of the 4 hours I allotted for the game ... and, after yesterday's warmth, PLUS, I wake up at 5 a.m. this morning and the temp is 42 degrees, and, - IT'S NEARLY ALL FREEKING GONE!

I also paid a ton of money to have the snow piles removed and trucked out from all of our parking lots at work ... and IT'S NEARLY ALL FREEKING GONE.

Did I mention nearly frost-bitten fingers? Both index fingers still have something of a dead-spot on them.

AND IT'S NEARLY ALL FREEKING GONE!!!

I've taken another 4-day weekend and I'm telling ya, I'm not doing sh*t all weekend. Plain and simple.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You know, I grabbed a 4-day weekend last weekend and nearly every waking hour involved snow removal (snow removal from my roof, my neighbor's roof, my son's roof and then from all of the concrete after it had packed down) with the exception of the 4 hours I allotted for the game ... and, after yesterday's warmth, PLUS, I wake up at 5 a.m. this morning and the temp is 42 degrees, and, - IT'S NEARLY ALL FREEKING GONE!

I also paid a ton of money to have the snow piles removed and trucked out from all of our parking lots at work ... and IT'S NEARLY ALL FREEKING GONE.

Did I mention nearly frost-bitten fingers? Both index fingers still have something of a dead-spot on them.

I've taken another 4-day weekend and I'm telling ya, I'm not doing sh*t all weekend. Plain and simple.

Grumpy old git.

D

Deleted member 6794

The terms first rounder and development seem awkward. When you are drafted in Round 1 and maybe 2 you should already have developed. Sure you learn and get better.

It's possible I should have used a different term but whatever you want to call it most rookies, even first rounders, need some time to get acclimated to the NFL.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No worries, we now have Greenwich weather. :D Us colonials all deserve to have our fingers froze off

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
The Vikings have won a lot of close games, but good teams find a way to win close games. They're definitely the better team this season.

Expect when they get to the play off's, their all fluff.

Didn't the Vi-queens go to the Super Bowl 3 or 4 years under Bud Grant and loose every game?
Ane didn't win every game one year and laid a egg in the play-offs?