ULTIMATE PACKERS MOCK DRAFT

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After finishing my Bio 2 test early, I decided to try to figure out a mock draft at my university's library. I tried to take into consideration guys that 1. had sucess, 2 filled a need, 3. were values, and were "Packer people". Tell me what you guys ...

First

Pick 16. Unless Okoye or Landry fall, I think Ted will trade down. Marshawn Lynch has character issues.The teams that trade up are usually teams are the ones that are missing a few pieces. Trade 16 and 80 (3rd) to KC Chiefs for 23, 55, and 119. The pick values are close (1190~1166).

Pick 23. Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh 6'0 200 - fills a need (nickelback), second most polished CB in draft behind Leon Hall. Can contribute immediately, and provides depth (both our CBs are gettin up there).

Pick 48. Michael Griffin S Texas 6'1 208 - i'm hoping all of of you agree that Manuel is not the future or the present answer at safety. Griffin is experienced and could start from day one. I really hope we can pick him and he is a good value at 48.

Pick 55. Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame 6'4 268 - all around DE, good size and adequate speed, played a tough schedule and is polished.

Pick 70. Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State 6'0 195 - good character, has decent size, is a willing blocker and will go across the middle. could drop because of combine risers.

Pick 80. Was traded to KC.

Pick 112. Antonio Pittman RB Ohio State 5'11 195 - might not fall this far, but great value. was very overlooked because of Troy Smith's great season. Proven winner.

Pick 119. Ryan Harris OT Notre Dame 6'4 292 - will fall because of size concerns, has good agility, needs to bulk up, will fit zone blocking scheme and should back up Tausher.

Pick 144. Martrez Milner TE Georgia 6'3 250 - David Martin type project with way more upside. before season was considered a first rounder.

Pick 176. Brandon Mebane DT California 6'0 298 - high energy guy, a little undersized, but could fit in rotation

Pick 207. Brian Daniels OG Colorado 6'3 298 - hard worker, above average agility, practice squad and depth guy.

There you go. Please rip it apart ..... : )

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Harris was woeful at the senior bowl week, i wouldnt go near near him if i was drafting for the packers.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree, i dont think we'll go four picks without drafting offense...that doesnt mean i'd be against drafting a corner round one, i'd love to have a guy in waiting for 2 seasons before taking over for harris or woodson

if we can get that deal from kansas city, i'd take it in a shot

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There really are no TEs in this draft who are truly worthy of first day consideration. I think we go WR, RB, CB, DE with the first 4 picks, and the CB and DE could flip-flop depending on percived value at the time of the pick.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you guys want to draft ... Brandon Meriweather in second round if his still available?????

Brandon Merriweather is a pro caliber player and the best covering safety in this draft, however I believe it is unlikely that TT will draft a safety.

Merriweather could very well go in the first round.

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like merriweather and griffin in the second round. i think WR is deep in this draft so i wouldnt mind waiting until the third and getting gonzalez or rhema mcknight. steve smith from usc might fall to the third too.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know if you guys feal the same way as i do ... but this year im just happy to see anyone get drafted from the packers i dont know why ... its like whatever we draft ... its a need and a possible impact on the team ... i cannt waiiit

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yep i think every young player in the draft would love to be picked up by the Packers. Especially the day two cos they'll know that on last years evidence, if they are good enough in camp they'll have a shot at making the team.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There really are no TEs in this draft who are truly worthy of first day consideration. I think we go WR, RB, CB, DE with the first 4 picks, and the CB and DE could flip-flop depending on percived value at the time of the pick.

Zach Miller and Greg Olsen will go in the first day.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:

i agree but the consensus is that niether are the next Todd Heap or Jerry Shockey.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
digsthepack said:

i agree but the consensus is that niether are the next Todd Heap or Jerry Shockey.

Nobody will grade out that high as you made clear. Both could get late 1st round grades but that's doubtful. I rate both of them mid to late 2nd round picks and I think both would be fine picks for the Packers in the 2nd round in my opinion.

After them you have late 3rd to early 4th round guys like Scott Chandler of Iowa and Ben Patrick of Delaware. Ben Patrick has really turned some heads the right way last week.

After that I think Joe Newton goes mid to late 4th round at the highest. He's a inside the 20 type of TE that can't really stretch the field. Those are really the only guys I think have a chance to get picked within the first 4 rounds right now. Matt Spaeth and Matt Herien are the next in line in my opinion and they’re mostly later round guys.

It’s an awful year this year for the Tight Ends but no reason Green Bay can’t sign one via free agency and Draft one in the first 4 rounds to upgrade the position.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll give you points for sticking your neck out. It is too easy to disagree with such threads as they are all forgotten in May and some propects are excessively over/undervalued by other posters.

One suggestion:
If you use a pick value chart you will see that Ted gives up "points" in his trade-downs. In the NFL few make the trade for even point trades. They have to feel they are gaining some advantage.

I think we all know that some of the picks will be traded. Guessing those is extremely difficult.

For example Denver picks in the first round at 21. They also have pick picks 70 and 85 in 3rd round. If Ted wanted to trade down he could do it to 21 for pick 85. Denver would have a good deal on paper and Ted would have an extra round 3 pick.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After finishing my Bio 2 test early, I decided to try to figure out a mock draft at my university's library. I tried to take into consideration guys that 1. had sucess, 2 filled a need, 3. were values, and were "Packer people". Tell me what you guys ...

First

Pick 16. Unless Okoye or Landry fall, I think Ted will trade down. Marshawn Lynch has character issues.The teams that trade up are usually teams are the ones that are missing a few pieces. Trade 16 and 80 (3rd) to KC Chiefs for 23, 55, and 119. The pick values are close (1190~1166).

Pick 23. Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh 6'0 200 - fills a need (nickelback), second most polished CB in draft behind Leon Hall. Can contribute immediately, and provides depth (both our CBs are gettin up there).

Pick 48. Michael Griffin S Texas 6'1 208 - i'm hoping all of of you agree that Manuel is not the future or the present answer at safety. Griffin is experienced and could start from day one. I really hope we can pick him and he is a good value at 48.

Pick 55. Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame 6'4 268 - all around DE, good size and adequate speed, played a tough schedule and is polished.

Pick 70. Anthony Gonzalez WR Ohio State 6'0 195 - good character, has decent size, is a willing blocker and will go across the middle. could drop because of combine risers.

Pick 80. Was traded to KC.

Pick 112. Antonio Pittman RB Ohio State 5'11 195 - might not fall this far, but great value. was very overlooked because of Troy Smith's great season. Proven winner.

Pick 119. Ryan Harris OT Notre Dame 6'4 292 - will fall because of size concerns, has good agility, needs to bulk up, will fit zone blocking scheme and should back up Tausher.

Pick 144. Martrez Milner TE Georgia 6'3 250 - David Martin type project with way more upside. before season was considered a first rounder.

Pick 176. Brandon Mebane DT California 6'0 298 - high energy guy, a little undersized, but could fit in rotation

Pick 207. Brian Daniels OG Colorado 6'3 298 - hard worker, above average agility, practice squad and depth guy.

There you go. Please rip it apart ..... : )

Do you know how you can tell a good post on this site?

I do....... I copy it, paste it, and print it out. This is one of those posts.

This is a very great FOOTBALL post.

I just printed it out and I am going to take what you wrote to the Internet and evaluate, discriminate, and enjoy.

I am always learning something here because of people like you.

Thank you.

R.P.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one may think he's the best, but Scott Chandler from Iowa has the size and the hands that we need at TE in GB. He just needs to bulk up a bit. But I might be a little bias.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'd be a good mid-round pickup. Miller is the only guy I'd take in day one, but I think Olsen will end up being taken by someone in 3.

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What sucks is that two of our needs (RB and TE) are both very weak positions in this draft.

We really should have gotten a TE last year. There were a lot of good onesin that draft. I would not be suprised to see TT try to sign a FA. I think that Jerramy Stevens is the most talented TE in FA. I also think hes a *****. With that in mind, I would like to try to sign Eric Johnson. I know hes oft injured we definately need upgrade at the TE position.

As for RB, I think we should resign Green. I like the combination of Green and Morency. We could use a scat back type. Maybe Lorenzo Booker from FSU.

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without any trades, how about this mock...
(1) Ted Ginn Jr. (great spped, and would give us that speed WR that our offense needs. Plus he can play special teams
(2) Kenny Irons (great running back from Auburn, with good speed, and great in between the tackles. runs hard)
(3) Steve Smith (would give Favre another weapon, very polished and was the most complete WR at USC. This would give us a WR corp of Drvier, Jnenings, Ginn, Smith, Fegruson, and Martin) Robinson will not contribute until at least 5 or 6 games into the season.

This is just day one

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts