1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ULTIMATE PACKERS MOCK DRAFT

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by millertime, Jan 30, 2007.

1. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

My honest opinion.

Ginn Jr. I think is overrated. I think he'll be a Desmond Howard. A lot of hype but ends up making most of his big plays on special teams. He is a very raw prospect that quite frankly won't have a huge impact until 2 or 3 years into his career. He's still learning the position.

Kenny Irons I think is a 3rd round pick. He was okay at the Senior Bowl. He's about 197 pounds. Looks more like a change of pace back. Doesn't really have the explosiveness.

Steve Smith I do like though. Has great hands. I really don't like his size though as we do need a tall redzone target.

2. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

I'm not sure that TT will take a safety in the draft, but what safeties are coming up in the draft that would be good picks?

3. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

I like your picks but don't count on Ferguson being on the team next year.

4. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

I completely disagree. While many of us can see the need to upgrade offensive skill positions, it is obvious that TT is committed to upgrading the defense.

I believe that TT sees our offense as being adequite and that we'd do better creating a very strong defense. After the season TT was asked about upgrading the TE position and his response was,"what's wrong with our TEs?"

With that consideration, I would not at all be surprised to see the first day of the draft go to defensive players. I don't think it would kill this team either. We've got fair RBs in Green, Morency, Herron and Beach. We've got decent WRs in DD, Jennings, Fergie, Holliday, Martin and possibly KRob. We've got plenty of TEs, although they really need to improve their production. On the flip side, the defense really needs to upgrade the backup CBs and starting safety positions. Plus we could use another DE prospect on the DL, although we appear to be solid at DT and LB.

The major need I can see on offense is our backup OL. We definitely need to develop a couple of backup tackles to take over for Clifton and Tauscher in the next couple years. After that, we need a receiving threat at TE. Both of these needs are better served in the later rounds though: zone blocking OL tend to be rated lower in the draft and this is a weak draft at TE.

GO PACK GO!!!

5. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Actually Fergie is still a team favorite and has support from TT. I'm rather confident that he will get at least one more chance to prove himself this season, no matter how much the rest of us disagree.

IMHO Fergie was well on his way to becoming a good WR until that close-line a couple years ago. If he can overcome his mental block about taking hits due to that play, then I think he could become a good player. Otherwise we won't see anything better that his recent production.

6. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Fergusson is finishedd i hope we trade him ... before TT decides to cut him

7. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

We can all hope and wish for that to happen, but there's little doubt in my mind that TT will give him another chance to prove himself. IMO if he stays healthy, then we can only expect about 35-40 catches, which is about what we got out of Chatman.

8. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

I love how you hate on Lynch for something he didn't do. Then in a later post talk about getting Brandon Merriwether in round 2. Merriwether has character issues, major character issues...

9. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

We're paying Fergie too much to keep him. He has to go.