Ultimate Draft!

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year I like to go back and look at what I would have done the way the draft fell. It’s a little skewed I know but in general I always find it interesting where people fall. Admittedly I watch zero film other than regular college football on Saturday’s but i listen to TONS of predraft podcast and television. Here is my ULTIMATE draft the way the board fell this year.

1st round: LOVED what Gute did. I make zero changes here. Trade back and pick up next year first rounder and come up and get Alexander. Great start!
2nd Round: no changes here either. Sit tight and let a guy I would have taken at 14 fall to us. Wasn’t the plan to start corner corner but Jackson is going to be a solid, if not very good corner. Secondary fixed!
3rd round: I don’t trade up here. Burks sounds interesting but not sure I like the value.
4th Round: 101 Ian Thomas- athletic developmental TE. Gives us some depth and option for the future
133- Tyrell Crosby- Another talented developmental guy to fight for a starting position with Spriggs, Murphy, and McCray.
5th Round: 138 Obo Okoronkwo: Pass rush depth. It’s what we need and he has it. Undersized but is a productive player and value at this point in the draft. If we get more pass rush depth I think Beigel or Clay could play inside with Martinez and Ryan and add speed and coverage.
172 Deon Cain- Athletic WR to develop.
174 Colby Gosset- A good guard prospect and could even possibly fight for starter at RG this year. Need better competition on the OL.
6th Round: EQ St. Brown- Don’t change anything here! LOVED this pick. What a great high upside 6th round pick! Don’t usually say that with the pack.
7th Round: 232- Holton Hil- I know he’s a risk but it’s the 7th round and everyone says he has potential! If he slips for a second you cut him. Worth more than the punter and long snapper at this point.
239-Desmond Harrison- Same thought as Hill. High upside, little risk if you have to cut these picks.
248- Ryan Izzo- A good blocking TE who could be a good 3rd and ST player. Good compliment with Thomas.

Oren Burks......... I’m intrigued by him but I really question if we couldn’t have gotten him near the end or even UDFA. Again that’s just from my podcast scouting and obviously Gute really likes him but I would have liked to see if I could snag him in the 7th

UDFA- in order of priority
1. Godwin Igwebuike S
2. Jeff Holland OLB
3. Quenton Meeks CB
4. Kevin Toliver CB
5. Simmie Cobbs WR
6. Akrum Wadley RB
7. Josh Adams RB
8. Hercules Mata’afa DT
9. Sean Welsh OG
10. Punters and Long snappers

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting.

I'm not sure with the later picks, but my first 3 would have been:

1. Tremaine Edmunds
2. Josh Jackson
3. Rasheem Green

I will have to look more carefully after this. I didn't watch day 3.

Reaction score
To me the draft is like watching paint dry because as fans we are helpless.
We just have to wait and see if half the hype is worth listening to once the ball is snapped going into the regular season.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting.

I'm not sure with the later picks, but my first 3 would have been:

1. Tremaine Edmunds
2. Josh Jackson
3. Rasheem Green

I will have to look more carefully after this. I didn't watch day 3.

can take or leave green
but i would have greatly preferred edmunds and a CB in round 2 also
happy overall though

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Give me 3 years and I’ll let you know exactly what I would have done.

OP
OP
SD Cheesehead

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh I completely agree. Like I said I don’t claim to be a scout or anything but it’s a fun exercise. It’s almost like fantasy sports. It really makes me pay attention to a few of those players on other teams and compare to how the packs players turn out.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Overall I’m pleased. I wanted to see them increase overall team speed and I feel they accomplished that. Was hoping they’d find a ball hawking free safety.

OP
OP
SD Cheesehead

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I went back and redid things with the trades. Realized I had gotten the picks mixed up a little and here is my new and improved ULTIMATE DRAFT. This would be with the Saints and Seahawks trade but without trading back into the 4th with Carolina. This draft would be a HOME RUN!

1st Round Pick 18: Jaire Alexander CB

2nd Round Pick 45: Josh Jackson CB

3rd Round: No picks after trade up for Jaire

4th Round Pick 101: Ian Thomas TE

4th Round Pick 133: Tyrell Crosby OT

5th Round 138: Maurice Hurst DL

5th Round 147: Obo Okoronkwo OLB

5th Round 172: Deon Cain WR

5th Round 174: Colby Gossett OG

6th Round 207: EQ St. Brown WR

7th Round 232: Holton Hill CB

7th Round 239: Desmond Harrison OT

7th Round 248: Godwin Igwebuike S

Last edited:
OP
OP
SD Cheesehead

SD Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
UDFA’s in priority order

1. Jeff Holland OLB
  2. Quenton Meeks CB
  3. Hercules Mata’afa DL
  4. Kevin Toliver CB
  5. Simmie Cobbs WR
  6. Josh Adams RB
  7. Akrum Wadley RB
  8. Lowell Lotulelei DL
  9. Ryan Izzo TE
  10. Sean Welsh OT
  11. Tegray Scales OLB
  12. Punters and Long Snappers

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Cobbs ended up signing with Washington.

A lot of pundits were shocked at the number of Wide receivers we signed, but when you think we released Nelson. Cobb is a good, but, competion is good.

I wonder if they are worried about Adams long term longevity also.

When I did this year in Madden, I ended up taking 3 WRs also, 2 of them made the roster, one stuck long term (and is still awesome) the other got traded, but then a couple guys didn't make it out of Pre season either.

Members online

Latest posts