Tyreek Hill Trade!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyreek Hill headed to Miami where he'll get at least 3yr/$70Mil deal.

Kansas City will receive a 2022 first-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, 2022 fourth-round pick, 2023 fourth-round pick, and 2023 sixth-round pick in exchange for Hill.

Guessing with KC's haul of draft picks they'll trade-up (Washington or Minny?) & get one of the top-2 WR's in the draft.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyreek Hill headed to Miami where he'll get at least 3yr/$70Mil deal.

Kansas City will receive a 2022 first-round pick, 2022 second-round pick, 2022 fourth-round pick, 2023 fourth-round pick, and 2023 sixth-round pick in exchange for Hill.

Guessing with KC's haul of draft picks they'll trade-up (Washington or Minny?) & get one of the top-2 WR's in the draft.
Do you think this escalated because of Adams deal? I am glad Hill is not in our division or even our conference. Miami just cannot seem to get over the hump in that division except for the Jets.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you think this escalated because of Adams deal? I am glad Hill is not in our division or even our conference. Miami just cannot seem to get over the hump in that division except for the Jets.

Of course this is about the Adams deal. These receivers see the market expanding for their position and a few a quick to capitalize.

Hill was smart to seek a new deal now, because this is the most he could get given his age and the "need" for Miami to spend.

This deal was completely unexpected.

Kudos to Hill for seizing the day.

He won't win anytime soon, but he gets paid, and will still put up numbers.

I know Mahomes is dumbfounded.

We'll see if he truly can elevate his playmakers.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course this is about the Adams deal. These receivers see the market expanding for their position and a few a quick to capitalize.

Hill was smart to seek a new deal now, because this is the most he could get given his age and the "need" for Miami to spend.

This deal was completely unexpected.

Kudos to Hill for seizing the day.

He won't win anytime soon, but he gets paid, and will still put up numbers.

I know Mahomes is dumbfounded.

We'll see if he truly can elevate his playmakers.
If I were Hill he should be Tweeting Adams and saying " Thanks, Dude! "

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If I were Hill he should be Tweeting Adams and saying " Thanks, Dude! "
Depending on how the contracts shake out, Adams was the top paid WR in the NFL for a whole 5 days! WTG Davante!

Was a bit surprised that the Packers were involved in trade talks for Hill. Wonder how seriously Gute was involved.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depending on how the contracts shake out, Adams was the top paid WR in the NFL for a whole 5 days! WTG Davante!

Was a bit surprised that the Packers were involved in trade talks for Hill. Wonder how seriously Gute was involved.

I doubt the validity of this report.

Hill wanted the money.

He got his money.

With a lesser QB, on a lesser team, and with a horrible culture.

Once compensation included a 1st round pick, I would imagine Gute told KC's reps he had to take another call.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rich Cimini reported that the Jets offered 2 2nds (#35, #38) and a 3rd (#69) for Hill and the Chiefs' pick #103 and that KC was ready to accept that offer but that Hill chose Miami. Of course, NYJ would've managed to keep both #4 and #10 in doing so.

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did you hear the Packers were involved in negotiations with Hill?
PFT was saying the Packers should be involved in the trade talks, but I don't think there's anything concrete that they actually were. IMHO Miami got robbed... they should've used every one of those picks to build a solid team.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PFT was saying the Packers should be involved in the trade talks, but I don't think there's anything concrete that they actually were. IMHO Miami got robbed... they should've used every one of those picks to build a solid team.

Ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Yea. Miami got fleeced. 5 picks for WR. That's too much.

As soon as I saw a 1st round pick for compensation, I just chuckled too myself.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
How did you hear the Packers were involved in negotiations with Hill?
My Source.....s below

"Multiple teams (including the Packers and Jets) engaged Kansas City in discussions regarding Hill, per Rapoport and Pelissero"

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2 picks that the Packers received from the Raiders for Adams actually were better picks and "valued higher"....of course that depends on how the 2023 picks work out.

I have a feeling the Raiders will be pretty good this year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have a feeling the Raiders will be pretty good this year.
I was talking about the picks that the Chiefs got in 2023. The picks that the Packers got are already locked in.

The Raiders definitely improved their roster in the offseason, but they will find a way to screw things up.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was talking about the picks that the Chiefs got in 2023. The picks that the Packers got are already locked in.

The Raiders definitely improved their roster in the offseason, but they will find a way to screw things up.
Ok.

The Chiefs may have a down year this season.

They sure helped the other 3 teams in their division.

But they could be back if not better next year with their draft pick and some free cash.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miami gave up a boatload of fish to get Hill.
It's crazy how some teams are seemingly just throwing capital away.

But hey good for us I guess the more teams mismanage there affairs the easier for us to get the trophy.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

May have been just putting out feelers. It never hurts to talk. Now MVS is visiting KC.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
May have been just putting out feelers. It never hurts to talk. Now MVS is visiting KC.
I doubt the Packers are in that big of a hurry to sign MVS, especially if his side is asking for $10M/per. Let him fleece the Chiefs. My guess would be they told his agent to shop him and their offer was "This". I would rather spend that kind of money on a more complete WR in Free agency and then take my chances with our first 4 picks on netting another 1 or 2.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt the Packers are in that big of a hurry to sign MVS, especially if his side is asking for $10M/per. Let him fleece the Chiefs. My guess would be they told his agent to shop him and their offer was "This". I would rather spend that kind of money on a more complete WR in Free agency and then take my chances with our first 4 picks on netting another 1 or 2.
100% agree. Young kid trying to cash in on Adams departure overestimating his worth especially with the WR talent in this draft.
Let's not panic. Let him go.
We have enough draft capital and couple decent guys on the roster that should look at Adams departure as a blessing and opportunity of s lifetime.
Time to shine Boyz.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Chiefs know they lost someone special in Hill. It is not just his speed but his ability in space. You cannot find him. I recall in 2019 he was all over the field when we faced him in KC. We were fortunate that Mahommes was still out with an injury that night. MVS can certainly go down the field but He cannot compare to Hill in the open field and the seams.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think the Chiefs know they lost someone special in Hill. It is not just his speed but his ability in space. You cannot find him. I recall in 2019 he was all over the field when we faced him in KC. We were fortunate that Mahommes was still out with an injury that night. MVS can certainly go down the field but He cannot compare to Hill in the open field and the seams.
Sounds like the Chiefs couldn't come to terms with him on an extension, so much like the Packers, was best to get something while the getting was good. I would love to have a player like that, able to bust one at any minute. Davante probably is the better straight up receiver, but Hill offers a lot more diversity and I think is probably a nightmare for defenses to account for.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe the Packers should have been involved in trade talks with Miami for Adams. Most people say Adams is the best WR in the league, so maybe Miami would have given us 6 draft picks. Somehow we only got 2 draft picks for him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe the Packers should have been involved in trade talks with Miami for Adams. Most people say Adams is the best WR in the league, so maybe Miami would have given us 6 draft picks. Somehow we only got 2 draft picks for him.
The 2 draft picks that the Packers got, could turn out to be more valuable than the 5 that the Chiefs got. Just depends on where the 4th and 6th fall in 2023.

Adams Trade: Pick #22 and Pick #53 ("Value"=1150 pts)

Hill Trade: Pick #29, #50, #121 ("Value"=1092) + ?? for 4th and 6th in 2023. The max value of those 2 picks in this draft is 100, but probably will be considerly less.

coulomb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always said, without kelce and/or hill the chiefs arent much of a team.

But its going to help them the same way getting rid of adams ..should.. hopefully... help the packers and rodgers.

why? what was the last pass of the chiefs season? a forced throw to hill that was picked off.

Members online

Latest posts