Tyreek Hill Trade!

Reaction score
Hill was picked #165th overall.

He averaged 1105 yards per season and 9TD’s per for 6 straight seasons.

Then KC recoups all that! Incredible

Last edited:
Reaction score
If I’m reading this correctly. These draft resources are near identical to our trade with Oakland? Within reason I mean
I’m assuming they got 29+50+a 4th rounder + next years later day 3’s??

We got #22+#53

If so, that would essentially be trading Davante for Tyreek Hill if KC had wanted both our acquired picks. No thank you!

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Chiefs couldn't come to terms with him on an extension, so much like the Packers, was best to get something while the getting was good. I would love to have a player like that, able to bust one at any minute. Davante probably is the better straight up receiver, but Hill offers a lot more diversity and I think is probably a nightmare for defenses to account for.
Hill was all about the $$$$..didnt give 3 ***** (not 2 but 3) where he went..just wanted the $$$$

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hill was all about the $$$$..didnt give 3 ***** (not 2 but 3) where he went..just wanted the $$$$

I will say this. Hill is captilizing on the perfect storm of a booming WR market, on the field excellence, and demand for his services amongst limited supply.

Hill is probably already a HOFer. A few more seasons of Cheetahness will cement his legacy.

He is polarizing (admittedly) but he is an offense dynamo, and a "force multiplier".

He did what was required of him and he's reaping the rewards of "playing the game".

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I will say this. Hill is captilizing on the perfect storm of a booming WR market, on the field excellence, and demand for his services amongst limited supply.

Hill is probably already a HOFer. A few more seasons of Cheetahness will cement his legacy.

He is polarizing (admittedly) but he is an offense dynamo, and a "force multiplier".

He did what was required of him and he's reaping the rewards of "playing the game".
Already hof?

For me no

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think when it comes right down to it, most of the NFL players are looking at money as one of the top factors of where they will play. I can hardly blame them when the difference is millions of dollars. I also think fans look at players as "hometown guys that love where they are playing and living." When in reality, the NFL is just a paycheck for a job they enjoy doing. Further, many players making that decision of switching teams, had no choice at the beginning of their NFL career, they had to go to the 1 team that drafted them. Sure, there are benefits that one City might have over another, but going to another team, another City, might acutally be exciting and a new challenge for a player. Or even a way to get out of a City/Organization that they really weren't that fond of to begin with.

I can imagine that there are some ex NFL players wearing Super Bowl rings, that would probably gladly exchange them for a million or more dollars or whatever was comparable pay back when they got the measly check and ring for being a part of a SB winning team.

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think when it comes right down to it, most of the NFL players are looking at money as one of the top factors of where they will play. I can hardly blame them when the difference is millions of dollars. I also think fans look at players as "hometown guys that love where they are playing and living." When in reality, the NFL is just a paycheck for a job they enjoy doing. Further, many players making that decision of switching teams, had no choice at the beginning of their NFL career, they had to go to the 1 team that drafted them. Sure, there are benefits that one City might have over another, but going to another team, another City, might actually be exciting and a new challenge for a player. Or even a way to get out of a City/Organization that they really weren't that fond of to begin with.

I can imagine that there are some ex NFL players wearing Super Bowl rings, that would probably gladly exchange them for a million or more dollars or whatever was comparable pay back when they got the measly check and ring for being a part of a SB winning team.
I'm looking forward to Hill becoming VERY frustrated if Tua/Bridgewater can't consistently get him the ball. I think his stats will take a subtantial "hit" going from Mahomes to Tua, but maybe the Miami atmosphere will make up for that?

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I’m reading this correctly. These draft resources are near identical to our trade with Oakland? Within reason I mean
I’m assuming they got 29+50+a 4th rounder + next years later day 3’s??

We got #22+#53

If so, that would essentially be trading Davante for Tyreek Hill if KC had wanted both our acquired picks. No thank you!
Yeah - most of the draft capital charts have it being fairly equal.

The older Jimmy Johnson model has the value of the picks we received from LV totaled at 1,150.
By the same measure the picks KC received for 2022 are valued at 1,092. Of course they are also receiving a 4th and a 6th next year. Generally speaking when calculating "value" they say the rule of thumb is that future picks should be downgraded a year, so approx. the value of a 5th and 7th in 2022. A middle-of-the-round 5th and 7th in 2022 would add about 26 points of value, for a total of 1,118.

The newer Rich Hill model is more or less in line with that too.
It values the picks we got from LV at 359 points; KC's 2022 picks are valued at 343 plus approximately 12 points of value for next year's picks, for a total of 355 points.

Edit: Something else to consider is that KC was negotiating with multiple teams (At least two) while it sounds like Davante really only ever wanted LV. Obviously that decreases our leverage so I think in some ways it's a bit impressive that we managed to get more or less the same value for a player who's one year older and only ever wanted to go to one team vs a player who's younger and had multiple options on the table, seemingly.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah - most of the draft capital charts have it being fairly equal.

The older Jimmy Johnson model has the value of the picks we received from LV totaled at 1,150.
By the same measure the picks KC received for 2022 are valued at 1,092. Of course they are also receiving a 4th and a 6th next year. Generally speaking when calculating "value" they say the rule of thumb is that future picks should be downgraded a year, so approx. the value of a 5th and 7th in 2022. A middle-of-the-round 5th and 7th in 2022 would add about 26 points of value, for a total of 1,118.

The newer Rich Hill model is more or less in line with that too.
It values the picks we got from LV at 359 points; KC's 2022 picks are valued at 343 plus approximately 12 points of value for next year's picks, for a total of 355 points.

Edit: Something else to consider is that KC was negotiating with multiple teams (At least two) while it sounds like Davante really only ever wanted LV. Obviously that decreases our leverage so I think in some ways it's a bit impressive that we managed to get more or less the same value for a player who's one year older and only ever wanted to go to one team vs a player who's younger and had multiple options on the table, seemingly.
Agreed and I wrote something similar. People see "5 picks for Hill" and jump to the conclusion it was a much better trade than what the Packers got for Davante. I would much rather have the pick at #22, than the pick at #29. How much would one want for the Packers and the Chiefs to switch those 2 picks? A lot more than a 2023 4th and 6th for sure.

You also mentioned something I also talked about that seemed to get glossed over. While we don't know if Davante said "I will only play for the Raiders, so trade me there." If he did and the Packers weren't able to open market shop Davante, that sucks for Gute and the Packers. As you said though, they did get ok compensation for a guy that appeared to want out of GB. Again, not saying it is a fact that he wanted out of GB, but sure looks like he did.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm wondering if all this big WR moves and new salary ceiling increases at the position will translate to an early run on WR in this draft.
Say 3-4 gone betting 14-32

Reaction score

I think you are both correct. He just wanted $ and yes, he both put himself in that position and obviously had some good fortune on contract timing. The perfect storm as someone said.

That said I still think the resources to acquire him were a reach. The Packers slightest involvement/interest very possibly had something to do with that over reaching

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm wondering if all this big WR moves and new salary ceiling increases at the position will translate to an early run on WR in this draft.
Wouldn't surprise me at all to see 6 WR's taken in Rnd 1. QB is a wildcard ~ there could be 1 taken or 5, who knows how desperate teams really are? Edge/DE will be hit hard, guessing 6 gone in Rnd 1. 4-6 OL's & DB's. Can't envision any TE's or RB's.

Reaction score
I think when it comes right down to it, most of the NFL players are looking at money as one of the top factors of where they will play. I can hardly blame them when the difference is millions of dollars. I also think fans look at players as "hometown guys that love where they are playing and living." When in reality, the NFL is just a paycheck for a job they enjoy doing. Further, many players making that decision of switching teams, had no choice at the beginning of their NFL career, they had to go to the 1 team that drafted them. Sure, there are benefits that one City might have over another, but going to another team, another City, might acutally be exciting and a new challenge for a player. Or even a way to get out of a City/Organization that they really weren't that fond of to begin with.

Or maybe he just likes girls in bikinis. I’m just trying get down to the true core of his decision is all. :cool:

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
WR's have always been a hot ticket in the first round. I also think that some of this "over paying" for WR's is temporary due to the cap situation created by Covid, is also temporary. Some teams just were in a great position to have cap money, where as some teams like the Packers, really had to be careful of not over paying, even for a star WR. So will this impact the 2022 draft and push WR's up the charts? It might, but I doubt a team in need of a QB, OLB or CB, will pass on a top one in round 1, just to draft a WR, that in most years might have only been a 2nd rounder.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Or maybe he just likes girls in bikinis. I’m just trying get down to the true core of his decision is all. :cool:
Change of scenery and changing it to a better perceived one, definitely has to play into it for a lot of players that have a say in where they go. I think if they abolished the draft and college players were free to sign with whatever team they wanted to, we would suddenly see young people choosing teams for reasons other than "the money was right".

Reaction score
WR's have always been a hot ticket in the first round. I also think that some of this "over paying" for WR's is temporary due to the cap situation created by Covid, is also temporary. Some teams just were in a great position to have cap money, where as some teams like the Packers, really had to be careful of not over paying, even for a star WR. So will this impact the 2022 draft and push WR's up the charts? It might, but I doubt a team in need of a QB, OLB or CB, will pass on a top one in round 1, just to draft a WR, that in most years might have only been a 2nd rounder.
That makes sense. The part about the extra push to acquire that WR position. Although that could also apply more to those top tier 1000+ type guys, then taper off in relation to perceived talent.
Maybe the 650 yard guys are just like any other year

Are we seeing a trend for the mid tier dudes? Idk.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt the validity of this report.

Hill wanted the money.

He got his money.

With a lesser QB, on a lesser team, and with a horrible culture.

Once compensation included a 1st round pick, I would imagine Gute told KC's reps he had to take another call.
Yeah there's a big difference to pay to keep Adams versus to pay to acquire Hill. Maybe the Packers considered it, hopefully not very long.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts