Tyni's Final Mock Draft - With Trades

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted to put my final thoughts out there sooner rather than later and roll with them...I don't believe I'll have any "shocks" like the Bryce Hall pick in my other (had to shake the cage a little) LOL...

Here we go trades are fair game in this one: Three Trades occur, one with IND, MIA and LV.

FIRST ROUND

#30 - Trade with Indy

Green Bay Trades Pick #30 (v620) & #175 (v20.2) to Indianapolis for #44 (v460) #75 (v215)
Total Values= GB (642.2) vs IND (675)

SECOND ROUND

#39 - Trade Up**BRANDON AIYUK, WR (ARIZONA ST)
Aiyuk is in my YAC category of WRs, but unlike many of the others he isn't locked in to a slot position. While refinement is needed, his quick twitch and mismatch due to size, speed and quickness I think will build into a wideout that can be placed anywhere with success.
Green Bay Trades #44 (v460) & #94 (v124) to get Miami's #39 (v510) & #141 (v35.5)
Total Trade Values = GB (584) vs MIA (545.5)

#44 - Obtained in Indy trade/traded away in MIA trade

#62 - Lucas Niang, OT (TCU)
Niang is a beast of a man, and the future of RT most likely for us and hopefully year's to come. Quicker than a man his size should be, I foresee him excelling in our system and he fits the typical traits GB has looked to for lineman.

THIRD ROUND

#75 - Obtained in Indy Trade/Traded away to Las Vegas

Green Bay Trades #75 (v215) & #209 (v6.6) to Las Vegas for #81 (v185) & #121 (v52)
Total Trade Value = GB (221.6) vs LV (237)

#81 - Malik Harrison, LB (Ohio State)
Antonio Gibson RB/WR hybrid was a VERY tempting option...but ultimately for me Malik's ability to add insurance against the run in the middle of the defense makes this pick worth it to me. His agility and quickness should allow us to use him in zone and flat type coverage, but he ain't the best at coverage (Kirksey will see third downs anyways)...that said I think he can definitely be a better than average coverage guy with some growth. We instantly have our #2 ILB.

Obtained in the Las Vegas Trade

#94 - Traded away in MIA trade

FOURTH ROUND

#121 - Gabriel Davis, WR (UCF)

Gabriel Davis in some respects is far too good to still be around at this point in the draft but nearly every board/mock I watch has him available. I'm not waiting on him, and pairing Aiyuk (initially slot/YAC) style with his craft is a great combo to come out of the draft with at WR. He can and will contribute I believe...albeit a little squelched by Aiyuk and Lazard getting more nods at first, but don't be shocked if Gabriel pushes either or both for snaps.
Obtained in the Las Vegas Trade

#136 - Harrison Bryant, TE (Florida Atlantic)

Dude has solid hands and is crafty at finding seams/openings in coverages. Having used to be a tackle in high school this dude isn't unfamiliar with blocking, albeit he isn't the strongest guy. Instantly projects to push Tonyan for snaps...and makes Lewis less needed progressing forward. I could foresee Bryant being a hybrid FB for us in place of Vitale's departure.

#141 - Anfernee Jennings, EDGE (Alabama)

Screams solid contributor for years, but never a star. The perfect guy to stash on the roster and ask to contribute behind the Smiths and Gary...hello the new Fackrell.
Obtained in the MIA trade

FIFTH ROUND

#175 - Traded away to Indy

SIXTH ROUND

#192 -Reggie Robinson, CB (Tulsa)

I keep seeing him available around this pick, and it shocks me. IF he is here I'm not hesitating. Could he turn into something special, 100%. His size and physical traits project well...he just has a decent amount to learn as well. (Since I'm shocked he might be here this late, a more realistic pick I like as a late dark horse CB is A.J. Green out of Oklahoma State.

#208 - Gage Cervenka, iOL (Clemson)

VERY experienced at the interior positions against solid competition. STRONG is his biggest trait with the Clemson bench record set in 2019 with 44 reps at 225lb. Easily could be the future at Center if Patrick doesn't pan out 2021 onward.

#209 - Traded away to Las Vegas

SEVENTH ROUND

#236 - John Penisini, iDL (Utah)

I cannot leave a draft without grabbing a big man in the trenches...and Penisini is just that. BIG. He has next to zero pass rushing skills and is NOT someone you want out there on known passing downs, but he can and would instantly serve as a run stuffer which is something we desperately could use.

#242 - JaMychal Hasty, RB (Baylor)

Change of pace back, that projects VERY well as a 3rd down back as well. Built denser than many his size, he does still lack any kind of real power to power through a tackle...but his dense frame makes him bounce around a bit more than one would think. Reminds me of MJD in a way...

AND WITH THAT MY MOCKS FOR 2020 ARE DONE....WHILE DISCUSSING PROSPECTS AND TOPICS WILL CONTINUE...NO MORE MOCKS FOR ME.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record the three trades not only make sense in terms of value (team moving up gives up slightly more than value heading to) but also I feel 100% situational they do as well. The Colts don't have to give up much to move into the 1st for a player they want and embrace that 5th year option...still holding onto their #34 pick it makes a lot of sense.

The Miami trade is assuming MIA stays put and at this point is sitting on three first round picks...they have the flexibility to listen to offers and GB seeing Aiyuk in trouble of not making it to #44 with WR needy teams ahead of them snatch him by trading up (giving up a solid amount...I could see a 6th or 7th also thrown in).

The Las Vegas Raiders picking at the 12th and 19th spot have had to SIT....and SIT...and SIT... they pounce at our #75 pick (paired with a 6th also) for one of their THREE 3rd rounders and a top end 4th rounder in order to get into the 2nd round. Already having a top flight WR, a future OT stud and only sliding 6 spots Gute takes the call and works it out. I could see us having to do a 5th instead of a 6th...but still tremendous value and fair both ways I believe. I just don't see LV staying put and WAITING from 19th all the way to #80 with their loaded 3rd round equity of picks.

Last edited:

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record the three trades not only make sense in terms of value (team moving up gives up slightly more than value heading to) but also I feel 100% situational they do as well. The Colts don't have to give up much to move into the 1st for a player they want and embrace that 5th year option...still holding onto their #34 pick it makes a lot of sense.

The Miami trade is assuming MIA stays put and at this point is sitting on three first round picks...they have the flexibility to listen to offers and GB seeing Aiyuk in trouble of not making it to #44 with PHI ahead of them snatch him by trading up (giving up a solid amount...I could see a 6th or 7th also thrown in).

The Las Vegas Raiders picking at the 12th and 19th spot have had to SIT....and SIT...and SIT... they pounce at our #75 pick (paired with a 6th also) for one of their THREE 3rd rounders and a top end 4th rounder in order to get into the 2nd round. Already having a top flight WR, a future OT stud and only sliding 6 spots Gute takes the call and works it out. I could see us having to do a 5th instead of a 6th...but still tremendous value and fair both ways I believe. I just don't see LV staying put and WAITING from 19th all the way to #80 with their loaded 3rd round equity of picks.

I would wait and take Aiyuk at 44 I don't think he goes before then in such a deep WR draft after just having core muscle surgery.
But other than that I really like this mock I'm Really high on both Niang and Robinson so I love those picks and the rest of the players all look like they would all be solid selections.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All seems very plausible. I expect the actual draft to look very similar with lots of trades.

I think Aiyuk will be a stud for the Packers.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would wait and take Aiyuk at 44 I don't think he goes before then in such a deep WR draft after just having core muscle surgery.
But other than that I really like this mock I'm Really high on both Niang and Robinson so I love those picks and the rest of the players all look like they would all be solid selections.

It was nothing major...and honestly the trade up ONLY happens because I personally don't think Aiyuk lasts till the #44 spot in this scenario we were at...NOW it is very possible Pittman at #62 and an OT at the #44 is just as likely...but I think if Aiyuk lasts till #44 I'll be shocked...or past #44 I should say.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All seems very plausible. I expect the actual draft to look very similar with lots of trades.

I think Aiyuk will be a stud for the Packers.

Tried very hard to not be unrealistic when it came to trades but also who may be where. Appreciate it.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what kind of impact, if any, Aiyuk's recent core muscle surgery will have on his draft stock.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what kind of impact, if any, Aiyuk's recent core muscle surgery will have on his draft stock.

Honestly I think or hope it won't effect Gute on him. It was not a major surgery and he should be 100% fine, if not better. It could make a trade back to nab him even more likely.

You know who may see themselves benefit is Shenault...many have him as the next guy and he may bump just higher than Aiyuk to a couple.

Members online

Latest posts