Two brought in Monday for workouts...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I liked Delano Hill when he was in his draft class and like him for a depth addition, but we need CB and OLB assistance more than anything - seems odd....but could Jaire being out lead to Savage playing more of a CB role than Safety role?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...seems odd....but could Jaire being out lead to Savage playing more of a CB role than Safety role?
I hope not, because then we've weakened 2 positions. IMHO he's doing pretty well in his current role so I'd keep him there to assist the "new" CB a bit more.

IF Alexander is out for a while not sure who would be better suited to fill in - Yiadom or Ento from PS?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope not, because then we've weakened 2 positions. IMHO he's doing pretty well in his current role so I'd keep him there to assist the "new" CB a bit more.

It wouldn't have anything to do with him not playing well in his current role, it would have everything to do with the fact he is arguably already our third best DB in coverage...if Jaire is down some would argue now our second best.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Pkrjones that I wouldn't want our safety position to suffer because we shift Savage to CB. Then again, if the staff feels that the backups at safety are better than the backups at CB, then I could go along with it.

I don't know anything about Hill or Reed, but am happy to see Gute keeping things alive at the bottom of the roster.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Pkrjones that I wouldn't want our safety position to suffer because we shift Savage to CB. Then again, if the staff feels that the backups at safety are better than the backups at CB, then I could go along with it.

I don't know anything about Hill or Reed, but am happy to see Gute keeping things alive at the bottom of the roster.

I don't believe either left with a deal, or at least not one yet.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that you are right about Ento. Even if they signed someone, it's generally not enough time for a new player to learn the defensive calls.

Members online

Latest posts