TT - "The Terminator"

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like what TT is doing with the roster. He has made the Packers leaner, meaner and younger. There are some decisions that puzzle me as well, but I have faith that he certainly knows his team better than I do sitting 160 miles to the north.
I believe TTs moves puzzling or not bodes well for the future while giving us a competetive team now.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chatman was too good a receiver to let go. Thurman seemed to have been afflicted with Ben Steele syndrome i.e. he dropped way too many passes so I'm not too concerned about releasing himg. TT could also really like what he sees in Murphy and he and Sherman could be planning on using him on the return units.

I agree that Thompson should still be there though. Lennon had a great preseason, but I really liked Thompson's athleticism.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line, Paris Lenon was EVERYWHERE when he was on the field..hitting hard and making sure tackles. What more could one ask for, AND, he does not have the checkered past of Thompson who was one drink/**** away from suspension.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
I like his moves so far and I agree with the Chatman thing. I think we're gonna regret that.

Thurman had problems with drops, that's not something you want to see with punt returns. Chatman has proven that he can protect the ball in the harsh weather, which isn't something you throw away easily. Plus we never saw a huge PR from Thurman anyway, so who's to say that he'd be better than Chatman?

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without change, things stay the same. That does not mean that what Thompson has done is an improvment, but it's his job to make changes. Unfortunatly in todays NFL, teams really are not patient for a player to develope over 4 years or motivate themselves. Teams can't afford for a chronicly injured player to finally pay off. Wolf did with Flanigan, but he still drafted for the offensive line even though it was already a premiere unit. I see Thompson a little like Wolf in a sense. He's bringing in more players at least to get a look at to find that diamond in the rough and cutting the dead weight. I think Sherman was to much of a "players" coach to be a G.M. Ted compares the talent to the $$. He's cutting the fat, and making changes. But don't expect him to hold on to anybody if they don't produce right away. I think this is good.
CHEESEHOG

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHo's to say that Chatmans lack of return yards wasn't due to Bollegmo's(SP) blocking schemes and ST coaching abilities? If a guy can't catch a pass, I don't want him receiving punts. One drop is an incomplete, the other is a fumble.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
WHo's to say that Chatmans lack of return yards wasn't due to Bollegmo's(SP) blocking schemes and ST coaching abilities? If a guy can't catch a pass, I don't want him receiving punts. One drop is an incomplete, the other is a fumble.
Bonamego...... and I say this is his last year, unless he can gel Special Teams!

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to love to watch Davenport on the returns. What a bulldozer. If he could only hold on to the ball. Chatman has hands but I believe he avoids contact. :shock:

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago there was an interview with Davenport on Sirius Radio. An interesting part of the discussion was when they asked him about who was the surprise of the camp, he said Hawkins. I'll summarize the story he told:

Hawkins has the fastest 10yd burst in the NFL. There was a play where Hawkins lined up face up on Chapman, no one evers goes face up with Chapman because he has the quickest 1st step on the team. Chapman blew right bye Hawkins off the line and had him by 2-3 steps after 5 yds. Hawkins kicked it in and was on his hip before Brett could throw the ball. No one on the team has that kind of recovery speed.

I learned 2 things during this interview with a RB. The whole team knows Hawkins has rare special talent aka Deion Sanders. And Chapman is unstoppable on 5 yd routes. That is why on short yardage plays Brett has Chapman as this 1st option.

I'm not surprised Chapman made the team, I think Murphy is going to have a terrible difficult time taking the #4 WR spot from him this year.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the story, kuston. Chatman (spelled with a T in the middle) is underrated by Packer fans as a receiver. He had the #4 spot pretty much in the bag by the time of the scrimmage against the Bills, and I doubt very much that Murphy will take it away from him. Chatman is a different kind of receiver compared to the others, which makes him a good change-of-pace guy.

I hope Hawkins starts to earn some playing time by the end of the season. That interception against Tennessee was a big-time NFL play.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like TT getting rid of the "Dead wood." One of the interesting moves was keeping Manning and cutting Thompson. And Paris Lenon has come on strong this TC and earned a spot.

I also like picking up Lee and Leach looks to have earned a spot on the roster as well.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chatman has done a good job a a receiver which is surprising at his height. As a returner he goes down too easy, let's too many punts roll past him, and calls for a fair catch when there is room to run too often. The plus side is he has good hands, so he will have to suffice until we can find someone better.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Chatman was too good a receiver to let go. Thurman seemed to have been afflicted with Ben Steele syndrome i.e. he dropped way too many passes so I'm not too concerned about releasing himg. TT could also really like what he sees in Murphy and he and Sherman could be planning on using him on the return units.

I agree that Thompson should still be there though. Lennon had a great preseason, but I really liked Thompson's athleticism.

I pretty much agree with this. I wasn't too concerned with releasing Thurman either. Cutting Raynoch Thompson was the only cut I feel kind of uneasy about. I like the trade to get Robert Thomas at LB, but I wish Raynoch was still around in case it takes awhile for Thomas to pick up the defense.

TT speaks softly, but he carries a big stick. He knows how to use it too. :D

Members online

Latest posts