Trivia

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just looked up the starting QB's for the Vikings since 1999,makes me feel grateful for the 2 of the 5 the Packers have had since then.I also wondered which Viking ran a fumble back the wrong way.Name all the QB's since1999.

Last edited:
D

Dan115

No, I saw the game-- he just got turned around and took off running. He was a very good player.

H

HardRightEdge

I couldn't believe it took GB that long to bring back Flynn sore elbow and all.
That may not have been the Packers choice. Perhaps Flynn balked at an earlier offer if there had been one in the hope of getting a shot somewhere to compete as a starter.

Flynn went with Buffalo, a team that had already gone 3 or 4 deep at QB due to injuries, before Rodgers was injured. Buffalo then cut him on 11/4. The Packers then worked out Flynn and then signed him on 11/12 after the first Tolzien start on 11/10. With a week to get acclimated, Flynn got the start after Tolzien's second try.

The Packer situation might not have looked attractive to Flynn until his release from Buffalo; coming back to the Packers provided a good chance of getting some starts to revive his career.

H

HardRightEdge

Is there any trivia here?
Maybe the Jim Marshall thing. Sadly, that one play may be keeping Marshall out of the HOF which would hardly qualify as trivial. He holds the NFL record for most negative yards on single play.

D

Dan115

Maybe the Jim Marshall thing. Sadly, that one play may be keeping Marshall out of the HOF which would hardly qualify as trivial. He holds the NFL record for most negative yards on single play.

Yes, and the Marshall thing is from me.

D

Dan115

Ok a trivia question:

What NFL team finished the season with only one loss and still missed making the playoffs? In fact they defeated the eventual super bowl winner during the regular season. They lost their last game of the season.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok a trivia question:

What NFL team finished the season with only one loss and still missed making the playoffs? In fact they defeated the eventual super bowl winner during the regular season. They lost their last game of the season.
I'll guess before I google it. Cleveland? 1964?

D

Deleted member 6794

Ok a trivia question:

I think it was in one of the Packers championship seasons in the 60ies, no idea which team though.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, the Packers only lost a single game once during the five championship seasons and I don´t think they were tied with another team during that season. If I remember correctly only the conference champions made the playoffs until 1967 so I´ll go with a team out of the Eastern Conference.

1961 Eagles

D

Dan115

Well, the Packers only lost a single game once during the five championship seasons and I don´t think they were tied with another team during that season. If I remember correctly only the conference champions made the playoffs until 1967 so I´ll go with a team out of the Eastern Conference.

1961 Eagles

no - 61 eagles were a terrible team.

D

Deleted member 6794

no - 61 eagles were a terrible team.

I looked up the answer now, won´t post it here though so others can take a guess as well. The 1961 Eagles went 10-4 and missed the NFL Championship game by half a game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts