Transcript of Brett Favre's Visit to Chattanooga :

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. --- All-Pro NFL quarterback Brett Favre of the Green Bay Packers spent the day in Chattanooga Thursday as the guest of head football coach Rodney Allison. Favre was in town and on the UTC campus to speak at a fundraiser for the Mocs’ football program.

Allison worked as an assistant coach at the University of Southern Mississippi from 1988 to 1992 and was the Golden Eagles’ quarterbacks coach while Favre was a player at USM.

Favre took time to visit with the local media prior to the luncheon, which raised about $37,500 for football scholarships for the program.

Opening statement – why he is here in Chattanooga today:
“Coach Allison and I go way back. He coached me in college a long time ago. He called me up two or three weeks ago and just asked if I would come up and help generate a little enthusiasm for the program. I told him I’d love to. Really nothing more than that. He kind of filled me in on the program what he is trying to do here and I told him in the car earlier that UTC is sort of like Green Bay when I first got there. It had been 25 years without going to the playoffs, but the tradition and the history there is not matched by anyone. But they had kind of gotten used to just being OK. I told them that whatever I could do to … it ultimately comes down to the coaches and the players. I think he, I don’t know why me, but he (Allison) wanted to bring a little credibility to his name. So here I am.â€

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts