Trade for pick

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Which players currently under contract would you willing trade for the position they were drafted in this years draft? Ignore salary cap implications. (New player is same cost) As a reminder where everyone was drafted:
Player year round total pos.
Rodgers, Aaron 05 01 024 Keep
Hawk, AJ 06 01 005 Trade
Crosby, Mason 07 06 193 Keep
Nelson, Jordy 08 02 036 Keep
Sitton, Josh 08 04 135 Keep
Matthews, Clay 09 01 026 Keep
Lang, TJ 09 04 109 Trade
Jones, Brad 09 07 218 Trade
Bulaga, Bryan 10 01 023 Trade
Burnett, Morgan 10 03 071 Trade
Starks, James
10 06 193 Trade
Sherrod, Derek 11 01 032 Trade
Cobb, Randall 11 02 064 Keep
House, Davon 11 04 131 Keep
Taylor, Ryan 11 07 218 Trade
Perry, Nick 12 01 028 Trade
Worthy, Jerel 12 02 051 Trade
Hayward, Casey 12 02 062 Keep
Daniels, Mike 12 04 132 Keep
Jones, Datone 13 01 026 Keep
Lacy, Eddie 13 02 061 Keep
Bakhtiari, David 13 04 109 Keep
Tretter, JC 13 04 122 Trade
Franklin, Johnathan 13 04 125 Trade
Hyde, Micah 13 05 159 Keep
Boyd, Josh 13 05 167 Keep
Palmer, Nate 13 06 193 Trade
Dorsey, Kevin 13 07 224 Trade
Barrington, Sam 13 07 232 Keep
Tiller, Andrew 12 06 179 Trade
Harper, Chris 13 04 123 Trade
(Last two were not Packer picks)

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree with most of your decisions, but I would keep Lang and Tretter (as he's the only one capable playing center under contract) and Franklin (still too early to judge him and he showed some talent vs. cincy)

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would also keep Worthy along with Lang and Tretter but I agree with everything else

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would let Lang walk for a 4th but keep House rather than a 4th. Other than that it looks pretty good, though.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would let Lang walk for a 4th but keep House rather than a 4th. Other than that it looks pretty good, though.
Most of the guys I'd trade are 1]not playing up to what I think their pick was worth, 2]are not playing much at all, or 3]are just guys. The Fan 107.5 brought it up last night for tonight's discussion. If I remember, I'll listen in.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of the guys I'd trade are 1]not playing up to what I think their pick was worth, 2]are not playing much at all, or 3]are just guys. The Fan 107.5 brought it up last night for tonight's discussion. If I remember, I'll listen in.

Fair enough. I still don't understand trading Lang and keeping House though

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Fair enough. I still don't understand trading Lang and keeping House though
Guess I'm higher on House than Lang. Mostly it was done by gut feel as to whether the player could be upgraded by a pick at the same draft position. I feel it is easier to get a starting OL in the 4th round than a decent DB.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

House seems to fit all 3 of those descriptions IMO, Lang not so much. Lang is a good quality starting NFL guard, and we'd be pretty tough to replace his production for a 4th round rookie this year.

House I could see a case made either way. If Shields walks, House probably has more value this year. After his training camp last year, I thought he would be coming along a little better than he has. He certainly had the opportunity last year with Hayward out all season.

I think the House pick probably looks a little worse because he's' probably just a "guy" for his whole career while the best corner in the NFL was taken several picks later.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guess I'm higher on House than Lang. Mostly it was done by gut feel as to whether the player could be upgraded by a pick at the same draft position. I feel it is easier to get a starting OL in the 4th round than a decent DB.

Valid point and I would tend to agree with this.

D

Deleted member 6794

He found Sitton and Bahktiari in the 4th also

True, as well as Allen Barbre. As I said there´s no guarantee a fourth round pick will work out, so I would rather take the sure thing and hold on to Lang.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without researching what the league averages are, I'm not sure if it's true or not that it's easier to get talented lineman later than talented tackles or not.

Both Tramon and Shields were undrafted FA's and top players at their position on our team at one time or now.

Hayward was a 2nd, Hyde a 5th, House a 4th, Bush UDFA. Burnett was a 3rd and MD Jennings undrafted (granted, he was junk). Half our DB's are former UDFA's.

Sherrod was a 1st, Bulaga was a 1st, EDS and Barclay undrafted, Sitton, Lang, Tretter, and Bahk were all 4th's.

Mid to late round picks have been a mixed back for both linemen and DB's. But we certainly don't have any undrafted linemen nearly the quality of players that Tramon and Shields have been. EDS would be the closest.

I feel pretty confident that if there was an "expansion draft" and that team got to pick some of our players, at least 9 out of 10 of our fans would prefer that they took House for their team over Lang.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without researching what the league averages are, I'm not sure if it's true or not that it's easier to get talented lineman later than talented tackles or not.

Both Tramon and Shields were undrafted FA's and top players at their position on our team at one time or now.

Hayward was a 2nd, Hyde a 5th, House a 4th, Bush UDFA. Burnett was a 3rd and MD Jennings undrafted (granted, he was junk). Half our DB's are former UDFA's.

Sherrod was a 1st, Bulaga was a 1st, EDS and Barclay undrafted, Sitton, Lang, Tretter, and Bahk were all 4th's.

Mid to late round picks have been a mixed back for both linemen and DB's. But we certainly don't have any undrafted linemen nearly the quality of players that Tramon and Shields have been. EDS would be the closest.

I feel pretty confident that if there was an "expansion draft" and that team got to pick some of our players, at least 9 out of 10 of our fans would prefer that they took House for their team over Lang.

Just going by the number of tackles that go really high in the draft compared to interior lineman, I would guess that tackles are harder to find later.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Right now I think Lang is more valuable to the team than House and I don't think that's a close call. Another factor that reinforces that is continuity on the OL is much more important than at CB, since CBs are "on an island".

BTW, here's a link to Packer Update. Michael Rodney talks about House's aversion to tackling and says it's the reason he was replaced by Bush late in the season. http://packerupdate.net/?p=29659

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just going by the number of tackles that go really high in the draft compared to interior lineman, I would guess that tackles are harder to find later.

Whoops! That was supposed to read "than talented defensive backs", not tackles. I would agree that in general, good tackles are harder to find later on than at any other position on the offensive line. Although exceptions certainly exist. Barclay, Bahktiari, and Tauscher are all guys that come to mind, although Tauscher is the only one that we know maintained it for the long haul.

Members online

Latest posts