Trade Down?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK......the Cardinals at #10 and the Rams at #11 both are interested in a QB...as may Oakland at #7. Let's assume Cutler is still on the board at 5....and the Rams and Cards start thinking about him hard and make a move.

This could very well happen, and the Packers could end up with some real nice compensation. Teams seem to be willing to part with a lot of stuff when the QB of the future is on the line.

Just food for thought.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think I'd want to go lower than #7. If we trade back with Oakland, we'd still have a shot at Davis or Hawk, but I'm pretty sure both would be gone by #10.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there's a decent chance both will be gone at #5. however, the possibility that hawk will be around at #5 is much higher than williams. there has been talk that new orleans has been eye-balling hawk, but that may just be to scare us into trading with them. Walker's visit to the Saints may corroborate this information, giving evidence that a trade might happen which would send walker to NO with a pick and would give us the #2 in exchange... however, i don't see this happening. i don't think NO will pick hawk, so that means we shouldn't feel pressured to trade with them. DISCLAIMER --- this is pure conjecture.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Possibly, but what if the additional compensation is an early 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder.

Hell, look what Buffalo gave up to move in front of the Packers for Losman....a friggin fortune. It takes a lot of jingle to move up to the #5 spot...even if only moving up a few slots.

I would be very open to it. So, instead of AJ Hawk...we could have...defensively.....oh, say, Haloti Ngata or Ernie Simms in the first, Tamba Hali or Abdul Hodge in the 2nd; and Darryl Tapp or Ko Simpson in the 3rd.

Add to the mix some potential offensive picks such as Davin Joseph, Joseph Addai, Brian Calhoun, or the TE Pope...it is an interesting possibility.

IF TT can turn the #5 into a 3 for one and still remain fairly early in the order, I am up for that.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with TO....maybe the Raidahs because then we would almost definately have a chance at Davis or Hawk. Beside Al Davis is crazy enough to give up the farm if he really loves a QB.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we trade with the Raiders, we'll pick up an extra 3rd and 4th round pick and still get either Hawk or Davis, in which case, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat (unless Williams is still there at #5).

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, ladies and gents...I am taking the afternoon off to do some stuff around the house. It's supposed to rain all weekend, perfect draft weather....keeps me inside with all TVs blaring the news....fiddle farting around painting and such.

There is much to be excited about. I envision TT playing this draft like a Stradavarius....accumulating numerous picks and spending them on some great additions to the Packers.

So..when a name pops up that makes you go, "huh?"...just remember the names Nick Collins, Samkon Gado, Michael Montgomery, and Michael
Hawkins. TT and his staff do their homework...and seem to find players throughout the draft.

Should be fun!!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Well, ladies and gents...I am taking the afternoon off to do some stuff around the house. It's supposed to rain all weekend, perfect draft weather....keeps me inside with all TVs blaring the news....fiddle farting around painting and such.

There is much to be excited about. I envision TT playing this draft like a Stradavarius....accumulating numerous picks and spending them on some great additions to the Packers.

So..when a name pops up that makes you go, "huh?"...just remember the names Nick Collins, Samkon Gado, Michael Montgomery, and Michael
Hawkins. TT and his staff do their homework...and seem to find players throughout the draft.

Should be fun!!

I will watch the draft only tomorrow, I will leave sunday morning for holidays with my wife and kids and wont have access to internet... they forced me to leave the computera and phones at home..

But I will pray God enlightenes TT and we have a great Draft.....

Go TT in this area I trust you 100% !!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams and Cardinals don't plan on moving up. Both are planning on stay where they are. Cardinals probably wont' draft Cutler. The Rams will if he's there at #11.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The basics of trading down.

It is only worthwhile IF NO QB's ARE SELECTED in the first 4 picks.
Bush, Ferguson, Williams, and Hawk are all gone.

Dropping to 10 for a second round pick or a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year. I don't see dropping beyond 13 unless another team moves up for another one of the QB's.

Members online

Latest posts