Top Free Agent Signing

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sports Illustrated has listed the top 10 free agent signing of all time.

The number one free agent signing of all time on this list was the Green Bay Packers signing of Reggie White.

Will us tried and true Packer fans ever see something of this magnitude again?
At this time it looks doubtful.

The Reggie White signing and Brett Favre made Green Bay a very desireable place for players to want to play.
Now Brett can't tell anyone whether or not he wants to play, the Reggie White goodwill is gone and it looks like the possibility of Green Bay signing their own free agents doesn't look good.

Throw in the Javon Walker statement that he WON'T play in Green Bay and the pastures of Green Bay all of a sudden don't look very green.

Teddy needs to open his wallet and make at least one very big name free agent signing as soon as he can or things will probably continue to go down hill.

Thre months ago I didn't think this would be possible that we could go back to the days of the 70's and 80's.
Now I'm not so sure.

Pardon me for looking at the dark side this morning but Javon Walker really took the air out of me today.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the whole Javon thing might not be that bad. We can trade him for something real good since he is a probowler.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Trade Javon and lets give Brett his farwell and move on as a team. I liked Javon a lot, I loved Brett and am greatful we had him on our team, every good dance has to end sometime and perhaps now is that time.

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a lifelong Packersfan, due to my location, but since I learned about the Pack and started to cover the news about them,
I can't remember a big Free Agent Akquisition such as the signing of Reggie White.

Add TTs multi-repeated statement, that a great team is build through the draft and not free-agency:
:arrow: What are we talking about :?:

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
Actually the whole Javon thing might not be that bad. We can trade him for something real good since he is a probowler.

We're not going to get fair value in a trade of Walker because of his injury. Teams will want to wait to see him once he's recovered before giving probowl trade value.

Javon is upset with the way things went last year after his holdout. His plan was to come back, play another great season and get an even bigger payout. After his injury, that plan went down the toilet and he must feel that he gave in for nothing.

Now he sits back and watches Green sign a nice 1 year contact even though he has a worse injury than Javon's. Of course the situation is different because Green was set to be a FA and Javon still has a year left on his contract.

Walker has no bargaining power in this situation. TT is free to sit back and wait on how well he comes back from the injury, while Walker's only choice is to cry for a trade. Walker is playing his card, but history tells us that TT will merely wait him out. The only downside for TT is that it will be more difficult to get Walker to sign a long term deal after the season.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it will be impossible to sign Walker if TT sits him out. We should trade him while we still can get some value for him, something is better than nothing.

I would like to see a trade involving Walker and KGB. I've been saying that Walker is going to want to be traded sooner or later for a while now, looks like I was right.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheStone said:
I'm not a lifelong Packersfan, due to my location, but since I learned about the Pack and started to cover the news about them,
I can't remember a big Free Agent Akquisition such as the signing of Reggie White.

Add TTs multi-repeated statement, that a great team is build through the draft and not free-agency:
:arrow: What are we talking about :?:

Great teams are built by using every resource available to them; acquiring players through the draft, trades, street free agents, rookie free agents, restricted free agents, and unrestricted free agents - wisely. We need to get good players whereever we can.

Members online

Latest posts