Top Favre Games

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched one of those NFL Network shows about Brett Favre's top 10 games. They listed most of the usual ones, such as the Raiders game after his dad passed away, the Super Bowl win, etc. They had to list a bunch of his games with the Vikings and Jets as well. However, IMO they missed one of the quintessential Favre games. It was 2001 and the Ravens were the defending Super Bowl champs with Ray Lewis leading a still-ferocious defense. The Packers were clearly a run-first monster with Ahman Green killing defenses and teams "daring" Favre to beat them. Favre wasn't the same QB that he had been in the 1990s. Then came this game, where Favre ripped apart the best defense since the 1985 Bears and showed that he still was one of the greats.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think I ever got more excited than when Favre came in for Magic Man. The last drive he had to score. A long pass to Sharpe to midfield. And then the TD to Kittrick Taylor to win.

VBJunkie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the Favre Raider game. It was ridiculous... most of some of the big throws shouldn’t have been thrown... double and triple covered and he didn’t care. He just chucked them up there... again and again.

The confluence of luck and talent... because if the ball goes 1-2‘ anywhere else he’s throwing 5 picks instead of TDs.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the Favre Raider game. It was ridiculous... most of some of the big throws shouldn’t have been thrown... double and triple covered and he didn’t care. He just chucked them up there... again and again.

The confluence of luck and talent... because if the ball goes 1-2‘ anywhere else he’s throwing 5 picks instead of TDs.
I remember watching that game from my hotel room in Memphis, talking to one of my brothers about Favre playing. You are absolutely right. Most of those big catches (as I recall) were more about the catches than the throws. His WRs made that game for him. It wasn't that Favre was playing lights out. He was making poor decisions but it all worked out in the end. Typical Favre!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I remember watching that game from my hotel room in Memphis, talking to one of my brothers about Favre playing. You are absolutely right. Most of those big catches (as I recall) were more about the catches than the throws. His WRs made that game for him. It wasn't that Favre was playing lights out. He was making poor decisions but it all worked out in the end. Typical Favre!
Agree. It's like his receivers decided to not let the ball hit the ground. Some career best catches made.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Never knew this story about Favre's audible in the Super Bowl, coming after he watched Montana successfully run the same play that morning.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Never knew this story about Favre's audible in the Super Bowl, coming after he watched Montana successfully run the same play that morning.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
W/O re watching..
Is it Blue 54 razor?

Black 59 razor. I was close

Members online

Latest posts