Top 25 Under 25

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Article at www.cbssports.com the top 25 players in the NFL under age 25. There are about 15 additional players listed as 'just missed the list'. So out of about 40 players under age 25 thought to be the future greats in the NFL, there's not one Packer on the list.(Note: rookies not considered).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6794

Article at www.cbssports.com; the top 25 players in the NFL under age 25. There are about 15 additional players listed as 'just missed the list'. So out of about 40 players under age 25 thought to be the future greats in the NFL, there's not one Packer on the list.(Note: rookies not considered).

It's definitely an indication that Thompson hasn't been successful drafting over the last few years of his tenure. Kenny Clark should have made the list though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How come the link doesn't work for me?
Me either, doesn't even take me to CBS site. but I searched it. Brandon Cooks is on it. 3rd year, 3rd different team, but he fits the criteria i guess as a top 25 under 25, but kenny Clark isn't on the list? Some list. LOL Take it for what it's worth.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who would even qualify for this list on GB

I know Hundley and Kizer, but for obvious reasons a 5th round QB probably isn't going to be elite before 25 and Kizer was just traded for. Then who else?
Clark, who should be on that list, without a doubt. He should be on that list for at least 2 more years too LOL
a few guys from last years draft class? Even Adams is 25 and doesn't count. Dean Lowery is 23 or 24, but he's a later round guy and is already a solid player. Bad pick? wouldn't say that. Biegel and M. Adams were hurt and didn't play most of last year. I liked the King pick, he'd probably qualify, but again, injury. Was it a bad pick because of that?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me either, doesn't even take me to CBS site. but I searched it. Brandon Cooks is on it. 3rd year, 3rd different team, but he fits the criteria i guess as a top 25 under 25, but kenny Clark isn't on the list? Some list. LOL Take it for what it's worth.
He's had 3 1,000 yard seasons in his first 4 years. I'm not sure what is to question. He was traded twice, but both times for 1st round picks by the 2 most proficient offensive teams in the league over the past decade. It's not like the Browns let him walk.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Article at www.cbssports.com the top 25 players in the NFL under age 25. There are about 15 additional players listed as 'just missed the list'. So out of about 40 players under age 25 thought to be the future greats in the NFL, there's not one Packer on the list.(Note: rookies not considered).

I don't disagree with the premise that the Packers need their young talent to step up if they're going to get where they want to go (i.e. Aaron Jones, Josh Jones, Kevin King, Vince Biegel, Jason Spriggs, assorted rookies, etc.). But I agree with Captain that Kenny Clark is better than a lot of the players on that list.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we hope so but do we really know that? he was very up and down last year which is to be expected some. is he going to be a play maker or is he going to be injury-prone guy that's getting beat most of the time? i think the Packers wonder too with cb's taken 1-2. the jury is still out. with the new d everyone's kinda starting off on the same level except williams. it wouldn't surprise me if week 1 starters look a lot different than week 8.
I don't think there was any down with Clark last year. I think the biggest issue was opportunity within the defensive calls for the eye catching stats, but he continuously took on 2 guys and won almost all of them. The guy is good, he has been good and he's what, 22-23? he's years away from even starting to hit his prime.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there was any down with Clark last year. I think the biggest issue was opportunity within the defensive calls for the eye catching stats, but he continuously took on 2 guys and won almost all of them. The guy is good, he has been good and he's what, 22-23? he's years away from even starting to hit his prime.
my eyes saw clark but my brain understood king. my bad. never mind. lol

OP
OP
P

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree on Clark, but as far as under 25, we have no one else worthy of being on the list yet.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my eyes saw clark but my brain understood king. my bad. never mind. lol
I thought you may have, but then I saw you bolded the part about Clark so I went with it :)

Applying your statement tonKing, i agree with you. He has a lot yet to prove. And I have a lot of hope that it happens. That's about it.

I am excited about Alexander and Jackson though. I think those 2 compliment each other well.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang, it’s a little disappointing to not have a single player on the list, Clark shoulda been there but that’s besides the point. I remember in 2010 thinking it was the start of a dynasty with all the fantastic young talent we had, Rodgers, Clay, Collins, raji, shields, Nelson etc etc. We don’t really have that anymore or at least not yet.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang, it’s a little disappointing to not have a single player on the list, Clark shoulda been there but that’s besides the point. I remember in 2010 thinking it was the start of a dynasty with all the fantastic young talent we had, Rodgers, Clay, Collins, raji, shields, Nelson etc etc. We don’t really have that anymore or at least not yet.
thing is, Rodgers would have never made this list, Clay probably, Collins would never have made this list. Shields wouldn't have, Nelson definitely wouldn't have. Bj Raji probably would have being it was a winning team with lots of publicity in 2010, which was probably his last year of being eligible for this list. Raji and Clay.