1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Moll steps in at right tackle, shuts down pass rush...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Nov 12, 2006.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Holy crap, this rookie guard came in at right tackle and completely shut down the Vikings' pass rush from that side. Amazing. I've seen offenses go into the toilet after losing one of their tackles, but that was not the case with the Packers today. We should also give props to McCarthy for giving Moll some game experience earlier in the season by rotating him with Spitz. If not for that, who knows, he may have been intimidated out there.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I was reading an article where the coaches thought he was just beginning to scratch the surface of his potential.

That is scary....

I'm so happy to have this guy. :D

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree, it was impressive.

When Tauscher went down, i was thinking "here we go..." but never fear, rookie tony moll is here! He handled his own(and some) for the snaps he was asked to play.

4. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Any word on Tauscher??

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The latest from PG

6. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    To me it's INCREDIBLE that TT seems to have hit and hit BIG on all three Olinemen he drafted.

7. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's ironic that with all the Vikings' whining before the game about cut blocking, it was a Packer O-lineman who suffered a leg injury, and not them. I don't think the Packers have injured any D-linemen with those cut blocks yet--possibly because they don't completely have the technique mastered.

I hope Tauscher is okay. He is our most dependable O-lineman.

8. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.

9. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be the first to eat crow and say I underestimated these kids. Now we just need to make sure we keep this unti together for years to come and they will be one of the best lines in the NFL. Also with the way Green's running they're getting more experience each game

10. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How many of you are comfortable having either Tauscher or Clifton not on the team after this year? I think the Packers have a huge decision this off season. Obviously Wells, Spitz, Moll, and Colledge can all play, and it appears they can play rotating positions.

I have a friend that is a Bronco fan, and he tells me that they have no superstars on their o-line, but position by position, they are the best payed line in the league. This makes a lot of sense to me, and brings me back to my first question in this post: Clifton would be the odd man out in this situation, because of the $$$$.

11. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Tony Moll steps in at right tackle, shuts down pass rush

I agree. It's very impressive and that's why I feel TT is going to have this team winning very soon. I actually think with Favre back next year the Pack will be serious wild card contenders. Right now there more of a flirt.

12. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Tony Moll steps in at right tackle, shuts down pass rush

I agree. No playoffs this year. POSSIBLY next year. If we can end this year 7-9 or 8-8 and be on the rise it would be HUGE for next season. Hell I can just imagine a guy like Hawk actually being able to go through the OTAs and all of training camp and not have to finish school. I think TT made a good choice with MM as head coach. I think he put together an excellent offensive staff, but needs to replace at least schott on the D side. Sanders looks "ok" as the D is improving. If it keeps improving I'd at least give him another year and just find another DB coach.

Think about it. The Vikes pretty much made us one dimensional today and yet the Pack STILL put up 400 yards of offense and moved the football VERY well. I think McCarthy is a VERY GOOD offensive mind and gameplanner.

I also believe TT is showing he may be able to draft with the best of the GMs in the league. Time will tell.

13. mikegrubiak

mikegrubiak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No way. Tausch has to be back. You need some dependable vets. It's a long season.

14. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    did any one see the replay of him getting hurt???

I have dig cable and was able to go back to see what happened..

He never even HIT or was HITl..He sort of went a few yards and then just of went down..

Almost like something blew in his calf area?? and then wham he was on the ground

15. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope I beat you and I get to be the first to eat crow and say I uderestimated MM and TT....

16. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    of all our lineman, clifton might get the axe. eventually college will replace clifton. chads in rough shape injury prone. hes also making some bank. Our line next year: college,moll,wells,spitz, and tausher. barry might not be back either. only brett, woodson, kgb, and kampman make more.

17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Packer Blitz on Milwaukee fox station has Mark on every week for insight into the game, and the ONLY media place that he granted an interview..

It is a pulled groin

He felt it on the play b4 hand and tohught he could tuff it out