Tony Moll steps in at right tackle, shuts down pass rush...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy crap, this rookie guard came in at right tackle and completely shut down the Vikings' pass rush from that side. Amazing. I've seen offenses go into the toilet after losing one of their tackles, but that was not the case with the Packers today. We should also give props to McCarthy for giving Moll some game experience earlier in the season by rotating him with Spitz. If not for that, who knows, he may have been intimidated out there.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, it was impressive.

When Tauscher went down, i was thinking "here we go..." but never fear, rookie tony moll is here! He handled his own(and some) for the snaps he was asked to play.

Reaction score
Any word on Tauscher??

The latest from PG

Mike Vandermause: Mike McCarthy said Mark Tauscher injured his leg, but didn't elaborate. The assumption is Tauscher will have to undergo more tests. He was not in the locker room after the game. I'll pass on any new information as it becomes available, but at this time very little is known about the seriousness of his injury.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me it's INCREDIBLE that TT seems to have hit and hit BIG on all three Olinemen he drafted.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ironic that with all the Vikings' whining before the game about cut blocking, it was a Packer O-lineman who suffered a leg injury, and not them. I don't think the Packers have injured any D-linemen with those cut blocks yet--possibly because they don't completely have the technique mastered.

I hope Tauscher is okay. He is our most dependable O-lineman.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Any word on Tauscher??

The latest from PG

Mike Vandermause: Mike McCarthy said Mark Tauscher injured his leg, but didn't elaborate. The assumption is Tauscher will have to undergo more tests. He was not in the locker room after the game. I'll pass on any new information as it becomes available, but at this time very little is known about the seriousness of his injury.

Thanks.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be the first to eat crow and say I underestimated these kids. Now we just need to make sure we keep this unti together for years to come and they will be one of the best lines in the NFL. Also with the way Green's running they're getting more experience each game

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many of you are comfortable having either Tauscher or Clifton not on the team after this year? I think the Packers have a huge decision this off season. Obviously Wells, Spitz, Moll, and Colledge can all play, and it appears they can play rotating positions.

I have a friend that is a Bronco fan, and he tells me that they have no superstars on their o-line, but position by position, they are the best payed line in the league. This makes a lot of sense to me, and brings me back to my first question in this post: Clifton would be the odd man out in this situation, because of the $$$$.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Tony Moll steps in at right tackle, shuts down pass rush

To me it's INCREDIBLE that TT seems to have hit and hit BIG on all three Olinemen he drafted.

I agree. It's very impressive and that's why I feel TT is going to have this team winning very soon. I actually think with Favre back next year the Pack will be serious wild card contenders. Right now there more of a flirt.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Tony Moll steps in at right tackle, shuts down pass rush

Cory said:

I agree. It's very impressive and that's why I feel TT is going to have this team winning very soon. I actually think with Favre back next year the Pack will be serious wild card contenders. Right now there more of a flirt.

I agree. No playoffs this year. POSSIBLY next year. If we can end this year 7-9 or 8-8 and be on the rise it would be HUGE for next season. Hell I can just imagine a guy like Hawk actually being able to go through the OTAs and all of training camp and not have to finish school. I think TT made a good choice with MM as head coach. I think he put together an excellent offensive staff, but needs to replace at least schott on the D side. Sanders looks "ok" as the D is improving. If it keeps improving I'd at least give him another year and just find another DB coach.

Think about it. The Vikes pretty much made us one dimensional today and yet the Pack STILL put up 400 yards of offense and moved the football VERY well. I think McCarthy is a VERY GOOD offensive mind and gameplanner.

I also believe TT is showing he may be able to draft with the best of the GMs in the league. Time will tell.

mikegrubiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many of you are comfortable having either Tauscher or Clifton not on the team after this year? I think the Packers have a huge decision this off season. Obviously Wells, Spitz, Moll, and Colledge can all play, and it appears they can play rotating positions.

I have a friend that is a Bronco fan, and he tells me that they have no superstars on their o-line, but position by position, they are the best payed line in the league. This makes a lot of sense to me, and brings me back to my first question in this post: Clifton would be the odd man out in this situation, because of the $$$$.

No way. Tausch has to be back. You need some dependable vets. It's a long season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
did any one see the replay of him getting hurt???

I have dig cable and was able to go back to see what happened..

He never even HIT or was HITl..He sort of went a few yards and then just of went down..

Almost like something blew in his calf area?? and then wham he was on the ground

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be the first to eat crow and say I underestimated these kids. Now we just need to make sure we keep this unti together for years to come and they will be one of the best lines in the NFL. Also with the way Green's running they're getting more experience each game

I hope I beat you and I get to be the first to eat crow and say I uderestimated MM and TT....

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
of all our lineman, clifton might get the axe. eventually college will replace clifton. chads in rough shape injury prone. hes also making some bank. Our line next year: college,moll,wells,spitz, and tausher. barry might not be back either. only brett, woodson, kgb, and kampman make more.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Any word on Tauscher??

The latest from PG

Packer Blitz on Milwaukee fox station has Mark on every week for insight into the game, and the ONLY media place that he granted an interview..

It is a pulled groin

He felt it on the play b4 hand and tohught he could tuff it out

Members online

Latest posts