Tim Harris inducted into Packers Hall of Fame

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Love the headline:

Green Bay will always hold special place in Tim Harris' heart​

...and then, in the story itself, this:

"I got my start here. I learned a lot of adversity when I was here," Harris said.

He didn't "learn" adversity here - I think you "experience" adversity or "create" adversity ... anyway, I don't mean to downplay the numbers he put up in his 5 years here - it's just that I don't remember being crushed when he left Green Bay for San Francisco - and at that time, I was still a dyed-in-the-wool Packers' fanatic. So... somebody ... please nudge my failing memory ...

He may have been the Packers' proverbial "one-eyed-man being King" kinda thing?

Oh... and Cherry Starr made what she called her last trip to Green Bay during the week. That got as much press as Harris and Jennings (and presumably his sister) being inducted into the Packers Hall.

OP
OP
weeds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I kind of faintly recall stories of him taking liberties with the local damsels. Willing or not. I'm not interested enough to go dig it up. Got him out of town when they surfaced.
Really... I don't remember that kind of stuff at all...but I was doing my Baraboo, Racine and Duluth sentences during that time.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Love the headline:

Green Bay will always hold special place in Tim Harris' heart​

...and then, in the story itself, this:

"I got my start here. I learned a lot of adversity when I was here," Harris said.

He didn't "learn" adversity here - I think you "experience" adversity or "create" adversity ... anyway, I don't mean to downplay the numbers he put up in his 5 years here - it's just that I don't remember being crushed when he left Green Bay for San Francisco - and at that time, I was still a dyed-in-the-wool Packers' fanatic. So... somebody ... please nudge my failing memory ...

Oh... and Cherry Starr made what she called her last trip to Green Bay during the week. That got as much press as Harris and Jennings (and presumably his sister) being inducted into the Packers Hall.
I don't recall being too broken up about him leaving it but it was a loss and I would have rather he stayed. I'm not sure who immediately replaced him or whether or not it was a significant change. He didn't stand out as a superstar but he played hard and well while he was here. Deserves the PHOF as far as I am concerned.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember him pulling out his make believe pistols and firing them after a sack. The league banned that. He played very well for us in the sack department.

D

Deleted member 6794

it's just that I don't remember being crushed when he left Green Bay for San Francisco - and at that time, I was still a dyed-in-the-wool Packers' fanatic. So... somebody ... please nudge my failing memory ...

I don't recall being too broken up about him leaving it but it was a loss and I would have rather he stayed.

Harris actually played at an elite level for the Packers over a two-year span from 1988 to '89, being tied for the league lead in sacks with Kevin Greene with a total of 33 over that period. He still holds the franchise record for sacks in a season at 19.5 in 1989.

I'm not sure who immediately replaced him or whether or not it was a significant change.

Tony Bennett, who the Packers used a first rounder on in 1990, ended up replacing Harris as a starter in '91.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts