1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Thought's on trying to trade for JC Jackson?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by Fredrik87, Oct 29, 2020.

What would you be willing to trade for Jackson?

1. 1st rounder

2. 2nd rounder

3. 3rd and 4th

4. I rather not trade for him.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Fredrik87

Fredrik87 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Pat's aren't looking like they are going anywhere this year which means they might be willing to sell some players at the deadline CB is in my opinion a big area of need for the packers with King being frequently injured and entering free agency next year and Sullivan though generally good is a bit inconsistent.

With the top teams in the NFC having stacked WR's looking at Tampa, Seattle, Maybe Arizona having a guy like Jackson as our number 2 CB could help a lot when we get to the post season.

He'd cost next to nothing against the cap but will be a RFA next year.

2. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    That'd be great. By the way read an article yesterday that the Pats have contacted teams around the league to let them know that pretty much anyone on their roster is available for the right price.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dantés

Dantés Gute Loot

Packer Fan Since:
    I get really skittish about trading for defensive talent on the Patriots.

4. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    and people are trying to say that Belichick wouldn't tank to try and get a crack at Trevor Lawrence! :laugh: Trevor was diagnosed yesterday with COVID, will sit out the next 10 days.

5. Fredrik87

Fredrik87 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Understandable but when I watch this guy play he just pops off the screen and his stats back that up plus his cap hit would be negligible this year and he's a RFA next year.

You have to take chances sometimes and the top NFC teams are loaded at WR having Jackson and Jaire to shut them down would be huge in the playoffs.

6. Dantés

Dantés Gute Loot

Packer Fan Since:
    I am not criticizing anyone for being interested or saying it's a bad idea. But Belichick is such a terrific defensive coach, than I am concerned that any defensive player will end up being worse after he leaves his defense. So the prospect of it makes me a little nervous, that's all.

7. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    It would be smart for posters to take a look at players actually possibly being available via trade.

Even with the Patriots not performing like a contender there's no reason to believe Belichick is interested in trading a 25-year old player who will be cheap to re-sign as a restricted free agent.

8. Fredrik87

Fredrik87 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    There have been reports that NE is willing to listen to trade offers for just about everyone on their roster according to Sports Illustrated and some sports writers that cover the patriots have already brought up the possibility of trading JC Jackson I don't see how it's that far out.

9. thequick12

thequick12 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    So they would trade him for a first round pick? Idk enough about him but I think he's a zone corner.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Yes, everyone please stop what you're doing and wire tap their phones and hack their emails so that we know exactly who's available via trade. Do not foolishly trust that he said they'd listen to offers for "almost anyone", we're only smart if we know exactly who's available.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  11. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Those sports writers earn their paycheck by publishing stories that create some traffic for their respective sites, there's hardly any truth to their reports.

It makes sense to at least evaluate the contract situation of a player reportedly available via trade. Teams that are out of contention are mostly interested in trading veterans resulting in cap space being saved going forward. It's rare that they trade a young player headed for restricted free agency.

Ask yourself, if the Packers find themselves at 2-4 entering this week, possibly resulting in being a seller at the trade deadline would it be more realistic that they are interested in trading Kirksey, Wagner, Turner or Lowry instead of Sullivan???

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2