Thoughts Around Week 3

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Houston at New Orleans

Impressive come back by the Saints. They are loaded with weapons on offense, and the addition of Sproles really has improved those deadly screen passes. I'm still bothered by their defense. They just could not stop Houston at all most of that game, but there is room to improve, a win is a win gotta give them that. The Texans are a much better team, hyped up or not, they've made major improvements on both sides of the ball.

NY Giants at Philadelphia

I picked the Giants for a reason, and they showed up. Even all banged up on their defense with injuries, they still know how to stop teams. Eagles defense has something really wrong with them when they let Eli Manning force the ball in double coverage and get a touchdown. Maybe the Giants could win the NFC East?

Jacksonville at Carolina

Quite a muddy game with all the rain. Glad Newton played average cause I could not live another week hearing about how great he is. Blaine Gabbert looked good against a terrible team for his first NFL start. Newton looked below average after putting up big numbers against the Super Bowl champions.

New England at Buffalo

The Bills!!!! What a game this was! How often do you see the Patriots blow a 21 point lead? How about Ryan Fitzpatrick, great game. The Patriots pass defense deserves lots of credit for not being able to stop them, and Buffalo's defense forcing 4 picks on a QB that only had 5 picks total last season was just AMAZING. Go Bills!!!

Miami at Cleveland

Hey Saints fans on here do you miss Reggie Bush? My folks down here whom bleed black and gold sure don't miss him fumbling and running 11 carries for 24 yards. Cleveland really looked good in the second half of this game. The old "Cardiac Kids" were still kicking strong in the spirits of the 2 minute warning come back to win and that interception. Browns could be on the right track but they still need some mass improvements. And Miami, Chad Henne and Reggie Bush LMAO what a joke.

San Francisco at Cincinatti

The loser bowl. It's hard to believe decades ago these were Super Bowl teams as horrible as they are now. SF might as well have kept Singletary. Same play call selections, same bust quarterback (Oh I forgot, he's not a bust, he's Steve Young's second coming). I like Andy Dalton but he's not going to last if the Bengals can't protect him and let him constantly take big hits. 49ers are getting pay back for relying on Gore so much over the years, now he can't really average big numbers.

Denver at Tennessee

Close game of two mediocre teams. Hasselback is looking great, does anyone wanna brag about Chris Johnson being the most paid RB ever and he gets 13 carries for 21 yards? Yeah talk about OVER PAID he got his money and it don't matter now. Denver really had a chance to win this game but did not seize at that opportunity.

Detroit at Minnesota

Is this the first time in history for the Lions to come back down by 20 and actually win? I seen them come back over the years and they always fall short, but what a game here. Stafford is looking great, I was really impressed by the second half. The Lions didn't give up, and in the new Vikings tradition they just lay down in the second half. Detroit is for real this year, the biggest threat.

Baltimore at St.Louis

What is wrong with the Rams? Maybe they weren't all that good to start with. Baltimore has the best defense so far this year I think. They still have problems with Joe Flacco having no pocket awareness and easy fumbles, but they are OK and will be the strong arm of the AFC North.

NY Jets at Oakland

Wild game here when you hardly ever hear about the Raiders being good. Jason Campbell could be a good quarterback, but the Raiders biggest strength is Darren McFadden. Mark Sanchez sucks. He is the next interception machine I guess, since he's turning the ball over every game. The jets are getting too predictable. Run, run, run, pass, shot gun pass, run, run, run. Most predictable is how they go 3 and out after the other team scores. Hey Rex you sure you would have beat us in the Super Bowl?

Kansas City at San Diego

First off, the Chiefs are in deep water, but they really played this game out. Many people said it would be a blow out but don't kid yourself, San Diego is not the greatest team ever, and plus it's divisional. Anything can happen in division games. The Chiefs really tried to win this game, but came up short. I am so tired of hearing about Phillip Rivers being better than Rodgers when he's throwing all these picks. Chargers look like a 10-6 team to get blown out in the first round.

Arizona at Seattle

I thought Kevin Kolb was the next Kurt Warner? LOL. Seahawks must have been truly embarrassed after last week's shut out, but also this was divisional, these teams know each other so well.

Atlanta at Tampa Bay

And as I predicted, the Falcons really are not as good as they were last season. They can't decide yet if they want to be a high passing offense or balanced attack like last season. Their running game is slowed down, and Matt Ryan is a good quarterback, but he is throwing picks. This was a close game, cause it was divisional, but Tampa Bay really could have blown them out.

Green Bay at Chicago

Nice win over the Bears, there's some things I really liked about this game. Ryan Grant with 97 rushing yards was nice. Rodgers was on target all game long, except the pick to Urlacher. Holding the Bears to just 14 rushing yards was incredible. If anyone remembers, last year at Soldier Field early in the season they held us to like 20 rushing yards, it was nice to do it back to them and destroy Cutler.

Pittsburgh at Indianapolis

Something tells me the Squealers are really shaky this year. They turned the ball over 3 times in this game. it took their defense 3 games to finally get a turnover. What happened to the super bad *** Steelers that were supposed to win the Super Bowl? They look like crap. Impressive stance by the Colts defense, but they should have won this game after getting 3 turnovers. I don't understand the Steelers. They had 7 turnovers vs Baltimore and then 3 last night vs the Colts. When they are challenged on offense, they seem to get real sloppy. All they need is to play a good team and they'll probably get their ***** kicked again.

Washingtion at Dallas

Defensive game? Quite a thrill to watch except for the commentators worshipping Romo and Grossman as if they were Aikman and Rypien going toe to toe. Mike Shanahan looks real smart getting rid of a pro bowl caliber QB for REX GROSSMAN, and last night there were at least 3 dropped interceptions, one real interception and in traditional **** Rexy style, he has ZERO pocket awareness. I like what Steve Young said about him blowing the game with a fumble, cause Young is right, you have to be responsible and take a look around you to see if pressure is coming.
Romo as usual is a shaky performer, if Dallas plays like that next week the Lions will have no problem rolling them.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I thought the Steelers game and Cowboys game looked kind of similar. The amount of fumbles was hilarious. Also QB awareness was terrible.

Thats the only parts of the games I saw and remembered other than the Pack beating the Bears, but nice summaries of the games. Thanks

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Francisco at Cincinatti
The loser bowl. It's hard to believe decades ago these were Super Bowl teams as horrible as they are now.
Yeah.
Like you, I'm also a fan of the Joe Montana/Bill Walsh era.
Hard to believe now that team has 5 (5!) Lombardis.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Washington at Dallas,

You know I hate the Cowboys, if there are two teams playing and one of them is the Cowboy I root for the other team, only exception to the rule is the Raiders. then I just Abstain. I found myself having an out of body experience and rooting for Tony Romo last night. The guy is playing in incredible pain and everybody around him is totally F***ing up. What was with the Center??

New England At Buffalo

Wow!!!!!!!!

Detroit at Minnesota

They planned that!!! so they could preempt the start of the Bears Packers game. They wanted some attention so they thought of a way to steal the Packs opening thunder from people out of the local broadcast area like me. Abhor the Roar!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Giants at Philadelphia

Poor Poor Dog Killer, He keeps getting knocked down every time he tries to throw the ball.

Jacksonville at Carolina

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Baltimore at St. Louis

Sure glad were playing the Rams in to weeks.

NY Jets at Oakland

F...... U..... *...... * F*** F*** F*** THE RAIDERS

Kansas City AT San Diego

Can't wait for the Nov 6 show down, There can be only one, Arod against Priver. We will be 6-0 coming off a bye week. They will be in deep Sh**

Party Time!!!!

Atlanta at Tampa Bay

If the Seahawks will do us the courtesy of playing above their pay grade. Play like they did against the Saints last year and continue to put a beating on Matty boy he should be pretty well tenderized for the searing he will receive from us.

Packers at Bears

What can you say, even though in the third game of the season we were not perfect, for the second out of 3 games we were never behind. We have moved one game closer to evening up the series, we beat them in their house. We made the statement that the Bears will not win the NFC North in 2011. I did not get to see the opening kickoff because of the aforementioned conspiracy between the Viqueens and Lionesses, and I missed the called back put return because I had faith that the packers could run the clock out and booked off to a Styx/REO concert, which was probably better for my heart anyway.

IT IS GOOD TO BE KING

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though I picked the Lions to win, I was still hoping it would end in a tie.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Serves Jared Allen right.
Can't stand him and his hillbilly calf roping ways!
Gets a sack, does that thing and they still lose!
In your face Jared.
Well, truth be told, he and Peterson are the only guys that play well in that dump. Allen almost won that Lions game all by himself with 3 sacks and lots of hurries. He played an unbelievable game.

When you compare what Allen and Freeney did to how Matthews played against CHI, it's not close. And Matthews is as good a player as they are, if not better.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Few observations I made during Week 3:

Texans vs Saints
I can finally say the Texans probably have a playoff contender, especially with a thrilling game against one of the NFL's best teams. This was a great game, and thought the Texans have built a respectable football team. Even if Peyton Manning was playing, I think the Texans would still be a legitimate contender for the AFC South.

Lions vs Vikings
I think the Vikings are probably the best 0-3 team in the NFL. Granted they blew a 20 point lead, this is still a dangerous team. If they would have ran AP all day it would have been different story, why do you only run 5 times the second half when AP was having a solid first half? I'll give the Lions credit to because coming back from a 20 point deficit in the Metrodome is no easy task.

Bills vs Patriots
Are the Bills really that good? I am still having a hard time believing so. They need more consistency, and it was just one of those games the Patriots we're due for-- a melt down. Not only that but the Patriots we're vulnerable in pass defense that it was only a matter of time before it was exposed.

Redskins vs Cowboys
I was rooting for the Cowboys for two reasons-- 1. I wanted the Skins' to be 2-1, and not 3-0, and 2. I don't think Dallas is going to be a playoff contender. I just don't see that strong of a team, sure what Romo has done the past two weeks has been great, and he's also got my respect even though I am not a fan of the guy, he took some big hits last night. But I don't think the Boys are making the playoffs.

Packers vs Bears
This was the performance I've been waiting for from the Pack, after last weeks game. The game was deceptive in the 27-17 score, the Packers offense was hot and showed why it's the best offense in the NFL, and the defense tightened up a bit. I knew if you built a lead, and made Cutler beat you with his arm your chances of winning are pretty darn good.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I thought the Steelers game and Cowboys game looked kind of similar. The amount of fumbles was hilarious. Also QB awareness was terrible.

Thats the only parts of the games I saw and remembered other than the Pack beating the Bears, but nice summaries of the games. Thanks

Oh yeah I know, the Steelers are just so sloppy this year. they go 3 games without a turnover, and then **** LeBeu last season said it would be his last year, don't look like that really matters when they really are having trouble when an offense is challenging them.

I love watching the Redskins.
They have an idiot owner that only thinks about money first
Another head coach that has no clue what he is doing
and last but not least, when the game is on the line, and you can actually win it, you have one of the biggest bust quarterbacks to blow it for you. Mike Shanahan is stupid for thing Grossman was an upgrade to McNabb, cause McNabb is a pro bowler. All I ever remember from Rex is how terrible he was. But what really kills me about that game is he got sacked, and seen Ware coming for him, but did NOTHING to avoid it. Then in the final play, he did NOT even look to his right to see if he had pressure coming, he just rolled out to the left like a *******. Steve Young took the words out my mouth, cause he could scramble, and he knows all about escaping pressure.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not? They probably are the best 0-3 team. Granted they had second half collapses they lost to three good teams in the Buccaneers, and the Lions. The Chargers, Buccaneers, and Lions are a combined 7-2. They are probably better than the Rams, Colts, Chiefs and Dolphins and probably better than a lot of 1-2 teams.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Houston at New Orleans

Impressive come back by the Saints. They are loaded with weapons on offense, and the addition of Sproles really has improved those deadly screen passes. I'm still bothered by their defense. They just could not stop Houston at all most of that game, but there is room to improve, a win is a win gotta give them that. The Texans are a much better team, hyped up or not, they've made major improvements on both sides of the ball.

Of course I am biased, but this was an incredibly exciting regular season game. The Saints put up 23 points in the 4th (actually, 26 but after a penalty Payton decided to take points off the board in order to run out the clock).

Points of interest -- Lance Moore caught two identical passes for 2 point conversions. Same guy who caught the 2 point conversion in SB 44. Same play.

Jimmy Graham had 4 catches for 100 yards and one TD. I have previously posted that he may very well end up with a career that rivals Finley and I stand by that. This is only his third year to play football at any level. 6'6, 260lbs and 4.5 speed. Guy is still learning the game and he is already off to a great season.

The Texans are a good team. They had trouble turning red zone trips into TD's, but they deserve a lot of credit.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Of course I am biased, but this was an incredibly exciting regular season game. The Saints put up 23 points in the 4th (actually, 26 but after a penalty Payton decided to take points off the board in order to run out the clock).

Points of interest -- Lance Moore caught two identical passes for 2 point conversions. Same guy who caught the 2 point conversion in SB 44. Same play.

Jimmy Graham had 4 catches for 100 yards and one TD. I have previously posted that he may very well end up with a career that rivals Finley and I stand by that. This is only his third year to play football at any level. 6'6, 260lbs and 4.5 speed. Guy is still learning the game and he is already off to a great season.

The Texans are a good team. They had trouble turning red zone trips into TD's, but they deserve a lot of credit.

I agree it was exciting, Saints to me are a 4th quarter team. Like in 2009, don't matter the score, when it's the 4th quarter, they turn up turbo on the offense, and then their defense will close up.

Jimmy Graham was a great replacement to Shockey, I thought he was impressive last season, but he's also very underrated. He deserves a lot of credit. And as for Lance Moore, he's probably the best WR the Saints have without Colston, I really like the guy after last season.

Houston is a playoff team, and Wade Phillips is doing a good job with their defense. And it's moments like this when referring to Houston, that I wish they were still the Houston Oilers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts