1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Thompson made the right call

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Dec 21, 2013.

1. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,126
    Certainly it’s the GM’s job to look both short- and long-term (that’s one reason why it’s a mistake to have one man in both jobs as the HC should be focused on the next game). I have posted I don’t think Thompson would hold Rodgers out if Doc McKenzie clears him to play and I still believe that. However if that is the case and it’s because Demovsky’s hypothesis is correct (“even with Rodgers playing, a Super Bowl run is unlikely, given the team’s pistol-porous defense”) then Thompson better insist on big changes on the defensive side of the ball and IMO that should include replacing the DC.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,037
    There is absolutely no way that Ted has decided the team cannot make a run and to pack it in by not starting Rodgers. Rodgers isn't healthy enough yet. I think it's ridiculous to suggest anything otherwise.

3. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,065
    Replacing the DC wouldn't break my heart, you know?

Honestly, I think Demovsky needed something to write -- and deadline was closing in fast -- so he just slapped an opinion piece together after listening to the callers to the Jim Rome Show.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,098
    Completely disagree, you saw the talent in the team in 2010. Same with the giants. You don't see that with this team. The defense got turnovers and made stops. We didn't always win but you saw a lot of potential. This team doesn't have any of that.

TT hasn't splurged in FA but to say he should be shown the door is ridiculous

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. profile_removed

profile_removed Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Ted is a god damn MORON! If this team loses to the Bears that would be 4 losing seasons in 9 years. He's done NOTHING to fix the O-Line since he blew it up just minutes after he got here, and now the D stinks. On top of this HE'S the one behind Rodgers not playing? Come on lemmings, tell me why you think he should stay!

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,978
    4?

8-8 isnt a losing season?

7. profile_removed

Ratings:
    +20
    if the Packers lose to the Bears they are 7-8-1 for the season. a .437 winning percentage

8. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,978

yes 7-8-1 (1st losing season)

then 2008 6-10 (thats 2 losing seasons)

2006 8-8 (not a losing season)

2005 4-12 (3 losing seasons)

thats only 3 season as I stated before

9. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,485
    Yeah. I felt at the time that the 2010 Packer team or those Giants teams were underachieving in the regular season. Losing to NE on that lineman's 70 yard kickoff return was a particularly memorable example of letting one get away.

When this Packer team has briefly hit on all cylinders (or did that even happen?), I felt they were overachieving.

In the end, DAL and BALT are the only teams we've beaten this year with a chance of finishing over 0.500, and neither may accomplish that when the final tally is in.

10. profile_removed

Ratings:
    +20
    So 2006 was a winning above .500 winning percentage year?

11. hit and run

hit and run Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    "Fantasy team"??? I'm pretty sure your kidding. Who the Hell cares about a fantasy team?

12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,098

yes dedicating 1st round draft picks and picking up an all pro level guard is "NOTHING".

Moron? He put together the longest winning streak in packers history and a title. Ridiculous comment at best.

13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,978
    It isnt a losing or winning season..But it was only 3 losing seasons in 9 years..

One season btw was his 1st year trying to clean up cap space crap..In most people's minds they dont really hold Ted to 2005 season..

So then you only have 2 losing seasons in 8 years...

But if you want to use losing seasons as a judge, you should use two NFCCG appearances with one SB win in those 8 years...Along with 4 straight playoff appearances

14. profile_removed

Ratings:
    +20

All-Pro Guard? When was this? All I see is our interior line caving like wet toilet paper trying hold against a cannon ball. Wow, a Superbowl 4 years ago. Reminder as I've said it before the NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately' what Ted has done lately is draft a bust in Nick Perry, gone 15-1-DONE (Made NFL history on that one) signed Senecca Wallace (Which should be football's equivalent of a 4 letter word) as the back up. And is currently holding out Aaron Rodgers. TO ME this looks awfully familiar! And while yes you have a point on the winning/losing thing, with THIS organization where a coach once famously said 'Winning isn't everything it's the ONLY thing' if you don't have a winning percentage you have a LOSING percentage. Not to mention a 4th season without a playoff run in 9 years! Why do you insist on wanting what ISN'T best for this team?

15. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    This whole collarbone and playoff thing has my emotions all mixed up

16. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,076
    I can`t believe this, we are still in the hunt here thanks to the Eagles. We only have to beat the Bears, who are as bad as us and then some, and we win the division. Some of the members on here have written us off ??? Call yourself fans ?? Its friggin disgusting :mad:

17. profile_removed

Ratings:
    +20
    I'm just calling a God Damn Moron a God Damn Moron, and had evidence to back it up. I believe in this team, I just have lost all faith in the decision maker.

18. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,098
    You believe in the team but not the guy that created it?

Evidence? Did it come from the grassy noll or crop circles?

19. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,978

I never said anything of an all pro guard? So dont confuse me with someone else

1998 to 2003 pre Ted

6 seasons- 4 playoff years
    2-4 in those playoffs with an o-l that was reallly good. But no NFCCG appearances..

Ted did much better than those 6 years..Since winning is the only thing, they won more playoff games in Teds time than the previous GM

That is evidence, is it not?

20. profile_removed

Ratings:
    +20
    Yeah I don't believe in the guy who built a porous Defense with guys who can't learn the scheme. Yes I've lost all faith in the guy who blew up the O-Line and still hasn't fixed it yet, and has created a new problem every year! Yeah, I no longer trust the guy who started Senecca Wallace. And YES I want the guy run out on a rail who is pulling the Favre **** all over again, but this time on 12.

21. profile_removed

Ratings:
    +20
    What have you got since 2010?

22. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,076
    What Favre **** is that exactly ??

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,098
    Anyone that doesnt think Sitton is one of the best guards in football needs to pick up the idiots guide to football.

I said "all pro level" and I stand by that.

PFF rated him the 8th best guard in 2009, 2nd best in 2010, 5th in 2011, 7th in 2012, and 2nd in 2013.

24. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,978
    Sitton 2010 and 2011 profootball focus 1st team and 2nd team

2012 Pro bowl guard

25. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,098
    2nd longest winning streak in nfl history. 2nd highest scoring offense in SB era history. Back to Back NFC north championships. MVP award. That enough?