1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This sounds kind of stupid but...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by agopackgo4, Dec 26, 2005.

1. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What do you think would happen if we brought in Maurice Clarett sense we are down to a horribile running back? At least give him a try for next year. I am sure it is too late now this year he could never learn the plays but how about if we develop him? It even sounds stupid to me but it is just a thought that I had.

2. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't say the Packers are quite that desperate. Herron looked good and Fisher, while not so great from behind the line looked good on screens and short dumps.

Figure Gado should be 100% next year. Along with Davenport back and Green as a potential wildcard I think they'll be in good shape.

3. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Maurice seems like another TO...I'm guessing as soon (or should I say if) he succeeds, then he'd be a pain in the butt in the lockeroom.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Clarett isn't half the player Gado or Fisher is.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    clarett isnt GB caliber. He doesnt have the respect for the game a GB player should. besides, with Gado\Herron\Fisher\Draft pick ....we're all right

6. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't believe Clarett will make it in the NFL. He seems to be another Lawrence Phillips head case type.

7. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I agree with everything that you guys are saying. I really wouldnt take him either because we do have Gado and now maybe we are even getting closer to getting Bush. Just thought I would throw the idea out there.

8. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Clarret can't play at this level. He messed up his college career so bad that his head is as messy as his running skills right now.

9. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    He does seem like another Lawrence Phillips except for one thing....Phillips could run, Clarett is slower than molasses in January when you compare him to NFL-caliber running backs. What was his 40 time at the combine again? 4.8 or slower???

10. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That is a lot of disrespect that you are showing in this quote...

I happened to know for a fact that molasses in January runs much faster than Clarett!!!!

11. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    While we are at it lets bring in T.O.

12. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0