This off season...

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know itz a bit early but i just wanted to say that this team needs to draft depth in CB's ... and fix the safeties up ... start Rouse regularly ( they should do that now ) ...

But just wondering who are the FA this off season?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Asante Samuel, UFA, New England Patriots

Ken Hamlin, UFA, Dallas Cowboys

Marcus Trufant, UFA, Seattle Seahawks

Michael Turner, UFA, San Diego Chargers

Marion Barber, RFA, Dallas Cowboys

Julius Jones, UFA, Dallas Cowboys

Alan Faneca, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
surprized the cowboys havent locked up barber or jones yet. Has Michael Turner actually done anything this year??? He really missed out on a payday this year if he had of hit free agency.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
surprized the cowboys havent locked up barber or jones yet. Has Michael Turner actually done anything this year??? He really missed out on a payday this year if he had of hit free agency.

with out the Denver game he has 2.4 yards per carry and no Td..

with Denver game he is at 5.1 and one td

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think they care much if Jones leaves. Barber is restricted so they have some pull there. Look for the Cowboys to sign Barber to an extension but Jones will probably be the odd man out...

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Asante Samuel or Cason if he falls to us I guess. Although that huge game he had probably hurt our chances.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I could chose any from longtimefan's list I would go with Faneca. Suring up the O-line will improve our running game and give Brett some much needed protection. I agree with improving the secondary, but still think O-line should be our first concern.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we landed Asante Samuel, that would be huge! I can't see him leaving NE though. I think both sides feel better about that situation now so a deal is probably imminent.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Asante Samuel or Cason if he falls to us I guess. Although that huge game he had probably hurt our chances.

Cason has really been siding this year, and I even saw some projections having him in the third round. I don't think he'll fall down there, but he should be there in the late first barring a very good combine.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I haven't looked real close at Safeties in the draft yet.. so no opinion on the draft comment, but thought it was interesting.

Improve from within with the 3 holdovers and Culver comming back.

PFWeekly's Audibles" said:
“I’m telling you right now: Bob Sanders, Mike Doss, Madieu Williams, Erik Coleman — those guys are going to get overpaid. There are no safeties in the draft. If you need one, you’re going to have to go to free agency to get one.”

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to get Faneca, but look for him to get a huge contract. I think Tirico was talking about it on MNF, about how Faneca will get a bigger contract than Steve Hutchinson. that's scary big. But, Faneca is at the top of my wish list.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the offseason, I'd really like to see DBs and OLs be the focus. I think those are our 2 biggest weaknesses.

We are solid on the DL and WR positions. I'd like to see another TE drafted. I think Lee is overworked. I like Lee and Franks, I just would want to see some depth in case someone gets injured (KNOCK ON WOOD). We should pick up a LB for depth.

And surprisingly, I think we're ok at RB. I think Wynn will realize he has to start taking working out more seriously. And yes, I was one of the people calling B-Jack a bust but I've changed my tune. I think we'll be ok at RB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
I'd love to get Faneca, but look for him to get a huge contract. I think Tirico was talking about it on MNF, about how Faneca will get a bigger contract than Steve Hutchinson. that's scary big. But, Faneca is at the top of my wish list.
'
Thats why I put his name in...I think his style of play would work here, but probably will be HUGE $$$$

Pack93z

Reaction score
Faneca is also getting a little longer in the tooth so to speak.. to overpay him while he has peaked already isn't our style.. at least I don't think it is.

He is 30 years old and has 10 years in already... but he has been durable as all get out in his career... IDK. He will have a huge price tag.

Plus Ted stated that Guards are easy to replace... ;)

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft choices

:shock: With non-performance this season of GB's first and second rd. draft choices, it may be imperative to re-address those positions in the next draft and perhaps once again look for "O" line help, probably a decent CB or S in the FA area. Substantial upgrades are needed in these areas.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Draft choices

:shock: With non-performance this season of GB's first and second rd. draft choices, it may be imperative to re-address those positions in the next draft and perhaps once again look for "O" line help, probably a decent CB or S in the FA area. Substantial upgrades are needed in these areas.

Disagree on RB. We're fine there.

Our DL is fine. We don't need help there.

However, you are correct on DB and OL. We need to upgrade those positions. Either through the draft or FA is fine with me. I imagine TT will draft those positions if there's not a steal in free agency.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't looked real close at Safeties in the draft yet.. so no opinion on the draft comment, but thought it was interesting.

Improve from within with the 3 holdovers and Culver comming back.

PFWeekly's Audibles" said:
“I’m telling you right now: Bob Sanders, Mike Doss, Madieu Williams, Erik Coleman — those guys are going to get overpaid. There are no safeties in the draft. If you need one, you’re going to have to go to free agency to get one.”

Off the top of my head the only safety that I can think of as a legit 1st round prospect is Kenny Phillips. That's if he declares and he's probably long gone by the time the Pack pick.

I don't know about the guy that said Sanders is going to get overpaid. I think he's one of the 5 best safeties in the game.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I don't know about the guy that said Sanders is going to get overpaid. I think he's one of the 5 best safeties in the game.

I think in Clemens terms... getting paid more than the position typically pays. I agree.. there aren't many more that make the impact Sanders does, but then again the "Tampa 2" system helps as well. Case in point... Dexter Jackson, but Sanders is a force in the run game unlike many other safeties in the league that can cover to.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

I think in Clemens terms... getting paid more than the position typically pays. I agree.. there aren't many more that make the impact Sanders does, but then again the "Tampa 2" system helps as well. Case in point... Dexter Jackson, but Sanders is a force in the run game unlike many other safeties in the league that can cover to.

I would be hard pressed not to give Sanders big bucks. The guy reminds me of Ronnie Lott.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Draft choices

im sure will draft ol .... CB are deep in this draft

As someone who knows nothing about college football, that's great news. We should pick up 2.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft choices

I see us drafting a saftey, OL, RB, and a QB in the draft. The order will probably be determined by what is the best available for the position. It would also be determined by what we do in free agency, but that goes without saying.

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft choices

CORNERBACK!!!!!!!! As much as I love Al and Charles, as they are 2 of the best corners in the nation, there ain't much behind them....We bring in the huge free agent acquisition Frank the Tank Walker who somehow is WORSE than Jarret Bush??? How can that possibly be...but yeah, I'd love to see AT LEAST 2 safeties/corners taken in this upcoming draft.

Members online

Latest posts