This is ridiculous

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
McCarthy asked for employee's name

On the Friday before a crucial NFC showdown with the Cowboys, Packers coach Mike McCarthy didn't talk about about his injured players or his dangerous opponent for long.After getting the football out of the way, McCarthy was besieged with questions...

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I guess Mac is ***** after all. It appears he asked for the employee's name and spoke to his supervisor - you do the math after that.

McCarthy asked for employee's name | ProFootballTalk.com

Another layer of the onion gets peeled back - very telling in regards to the entire saga of the past few years.

BTW, the dude has a full-time job as a city worker, so it isn't a big deal for him, but it appears petty on Mac's part, assuming he said what Mac states. Sticks and stones, people.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think one point that has been over looked is the timing of this statement, before the vikings game. If this was before the Browns, nothing would have come of it.

I am sure that the Packer organization from Murphy on down has been clear to all employees that their own personal views of the BF trade will not be tolerated. No public criticism by a Packer employee that can be interpreted as a stab at the organization for trading BF will not go unpunished. I did not get the memo or attend the meetings, but I am sure many were sent and attended. I am sure this has been a Packer organization law that was clearly stated, if broken could mean immediate termination.

Not a very good move on Woods part.

No organization can have people within putting down the organization publicly. As small and insignificant as this was, sent a message out to the rest of the employees that you are either for us 100% or leave.

Sad part of all this is that the Packers players need this kind of leadership when it comes to stupid penalties and lack of discipline on the field.

Worse judgment on Mac's part for starting this - he's gonna stew in his own juices. Instead of talking about Sunday, he's reduced to explaining why he's playing power trips with Packers employees. He brought this one on himself, so I nobody should feel sorry for ****-eyes.

Sideline_Diva

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packer Mile (Mile Radius of the Stadium)
I have been told though by a friend that there's a code with the lower tier of employees placed at orientation that you cannot speak to the uppers unless spoken to...if thats the case, that is some BS.

And if what Woods said was in support of the "boys", someone needs to stop complaining and stop being so sensitive. This is coming from a WOMAN too.

I mean seriously, if my boss was after a sale or something that will improve his reputation or the company's reputation, I'd be sitting there as a cheerleader in support of my company and not a oppresed slave worker who isn't worthy of speaking at ALL.

I'd be all "Go get 'em, boss" and now that I look back, I'm glad I didn't get the job that I applied for anywhere near the Packers organization. I rather feel included as a gear of a company than worthless "little people", looking from the outside.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worse judgment on Mac's part for starting this - he's gonna stew in his own juices. Instead of talking about Sunday, he's reduced to explaining why he's playing power trips with Packers employees. He brought this one on himself, so I nobody should feel sorry for ****-eyes.

Well put. I agree that McCarthy should have bigger things on his plate than busting the balls of a groundskeeper who may or may not have been a smart ***. So I don't feel sorry for Mac if the fans and media come crashing down on him. Wood isn't talking to the media anymore about the incident, so he may have already have hired a shark to take a bite out of the Packers wallet. Or he doesn't want to lie himself into a corner. Take your pick.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Haus..

How in the hell did Mike start this? He didnt go to the media on it, the guy did...

And again it looks bad on Mike, looks like he cant handle some crap...Called someone and asked who the guy was..Why would he do that?? One of two things really, one was to have the guys boss talk to him about not saying stuff to the coach..Or wanted to tell the guys boss to fire him..

But until I hear what was exactly said no need to blast ANYONE...

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
man i cant wait till MM gets fired ,, what a peice of **** he is ... TT too they just suck ... fire them all ... besides Woody has been there alot longer than our sucky coaching staff ... i hope when they fire MMs punk *** they hire back woody ... :happy0005:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think lot of people just want to hang Mm no matter what..

I am a little sad that people just right away are blasting Mike with knowing all the evidence

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I was a bit too fast with saying things without knowing facts. Nobody should either. That seems to be the thing that causes lots of arguments. What people think happen and then they argue that it did without actually having proof.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't blast for no reason. I waited until it was reported that Mac made the "phone call", basically instigating and escalating a trivial issue. This is really bad judgment for a guy that's in a "warming" seat.

Mac said the dude gave him a jab and Mac returned with a counter. Each man had his say and it should have stayed between the two. It's one thing if Woody's superior(s) would have stepped in on their own, but Mac had to initiate the first step, thereby creating another story within the story. And, that is poor judgment no matter how you wanna spin it.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't blast for no reason. I waited until it was reported that Mac made the "phone call", basically instigating and escalating a trivial issue. This is really bad judgment for a guy that's in a "warming" seat.

Mac said the dude gave him a jab and Mac returned with a counter. Each man had his say and it should have stayed between the two. It's one thing if Woody's superior(s) would have stepped in on their own, but Mac had to initiate the first step, thereby creating another story within the story. And, that is poor judgment no matter how you wanna spin it.

Gotta agree with H-child. MM is so on edge these days & feeling insecure about the current state the Packers are in, a state in which he had a direct hand in creating, that he's snapping like his defensive tackle head-butting an opposing player.

I admit I'd be testy too if I were in MM's shoes. But MM gets the big $$$ to coach the Packers. Why he felt it necessary to take time out his schedule, the schedule that was leading up to his team's 2nd meeting with that other employee he wasn't on good terms with, to inquire about this guy instead of letting it go.

Someone had better come forward & clear up this mess before it blows up & harms the entire organization. There were others within earshot of this incident that have a duty to step up & either exonerate or indict the correct individual.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Okay,I get that and would agree with you..

but what was the phone call he made? Your opinion seems to be that mike called to have him fired? ( maybe not but thats my impression I am getting )

Could it have been like this?

Wood says to coach **insert your own comment**

Coach says ** insert your own comment**

Coach gets in car, calls the guys boss and says hey just so you know, this guy and me traded jabs, in case you hear anything..

Then next thing you know the boss fires the guy

Could that be a possibility?

Or do people honestly think that Mike called the boss and said to him fired his ***

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the disturbing thing about all this, is the policy. Green Bay may be an NFL city, but it's a small town and a working class town. **** like this isn't going to go down well with the little folks who keep that organization operating.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

but what was the phone call he made? Your opinion seems to be that mike called to have him fired? ( maybe not but thats my impression I am getting )

Coach gets in car, calls the guys boss and says hey just so you know, this guy and me traded jabs, in case you hear anything..

Or do people honestly think that Mike called the boss and said to him fired his ***

Yes, I very much agree this is "probably" how it went down. However, my entire premise is based on the phone call. Mac's a multi-millionaire with bigger fish to fry. There is absolutely NO reason for an adult male to have made that unnecessary phone call. Guys nowadays are tending down the spineless path more than I've ever seen in my life. If you've got a problem, take off the skirt and man-up - confront the dude when the comments were made and give him a shot to the chin if it makes ya feel better. Anything but leaning on this dude's superiors to take care of his "light" work. I don't like it.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Haus..

How in the hell did Mike start this? He didnt go to the media on it, the guy did...

And again it looks bad on Mike, looks like he cant handle some crap...Called someone and asked who the guy was..Why would he do that?? One of two things really, one was to have the guys boss talk to him about not saying stuff to the coach..Or wanted to tell the guys boss to fire him..

But until I hear what was exactly said no need to blast ANYONE...

He admitted in his presser that HE made the call....MM deserves all the heat LT and hopefully a pink slip at the end of the season. We fired Sherman as HC for a lot less.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wiz..

I was referring to how the guy went to the media then MM has to explain his part....granted Mike started it by calling someone..But it hit the media before MM said a word..That si what I meant when MM didnt start anything..(I know he said to the boss to fire him or cried about it so he started it that way)

I understand why people are upset,I understand that it looks like MM is a cry baby in this..

But until all the facts are in, or let out, people are just assuming MM was/is the bad guy here and for me I just can't crucify the man for something that I do not know if he did..

Now if he did make the call the tell him to be fired well hell yeah I would be pissed off..

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wiz..

I was referring to how the guy went to the media then MM has to explain his part....granted Mike started it by calling someone..But it hit the media before MM said a word..That si what I meant when MM didnt start anything..(I know he said to the boss to fire him or cried about it so he started it that way)

I understand why people are upset,I understand that it looks like MM is a cry baby in this..

But until all the facts are in, or let out, people are just assuming MM was/is the bad guy here and for me I just can't crucify the man for something that I do not know if he did..

Now if he did make the call the tell him to be fired well hell yeah I would be pissed off..

Whats the difference what was said in the phone call, if it was said or inferred.

The call alone is enough for the firing and MM new that. You don't think when Donald Trump calls somebody about a lowly maintenance person and complains something drastic won't happen. It does not matter if Donald Trump spacifically speaks a recommendation, action is going to happen by the call it self.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he insulted, or made derrogative comments to MM, he SHOULD'VE been fired, and it was the right move for MM to call to the supervisor. As I've said before, if he insults, nobody does nothing, and it gets out, the Packers look much more incompetents...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he insulted, or made derrogative comments to MM, he SHOULD'VE been fired, and it was the right move for MM to call to the supervisor. As I've said before, if he insults, nobody does nothing, and it gets out, the Packers look much more incompetents...

That's a tough sell from my perspective.

It wasn't like Mac was giving a presser and this dude runs in and berates him - it was basically done amongst a small group of guys (And, this is assuming Woody DID insult Mac, which is not yet proven beyond a reasonable doubt.).

I don't know - I put myself in Mac's shoes and I'd have to be pretty uncomfortable in my own skin to take such offense at a comment made from an everyday Joe, and a member of the Packers organization.

There's probably not a right or wrong answer on this one because everybody has their opinion gained from experiences throughout their lives.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a tough sell from my perspective.

It wasn't like Mac was giving a presser and this dude runs in and berates him - it was basically done amongst a small group of guys (And, this is assuming Woody DID insult Mac, which is not yet proven beyond a reasonable doubt.).

I don't know - I put myself in Mac's shoes and I'd have to be pretty uncomfortable in my own skin to take such offense at a comment made from an everyday Joe, and a member of the Packers organization.

There's probably not a right or wrong answer on this one because everybody has their opinion gained from experiences throughout their lives.

I don't doubt that MM said something in return to Woods comment. We all get driver rage at times when driving, a few choice words in side my car but you take it to a whole different level when you call the police and report tag numbers.

Thats what MM did here, he used his power to win the little word battle with an older man. If it was only words, no big thing, MM got to his car and dialed a phone number to complain.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is full of **** ... he said and i quote ,, i asked the field manager for the employes name ... well to that says you wanted to take action ... MM if you did nothing then why did you need Woodys Name ??? again MM is full of **** ... the guy worked for the pack for 2 decades ... im sure if he had a problem with his comments he would have been fired years ago ... another case of MM not being able to man up and just say i fired that pesant for trying to talk to me ... MM is my douch bag of the day ... i cant wait till this wanna be coach is on his way out ... what a peice of **** ..

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohh and before you guys read this and say ohh he is just bias ,, its true i dont and never have liked MM or TT ... and after the whole Brett saga ,, i hated them ... that being said ,,, come on why did MM need Woodys name ... read between the lines a bit ... if MM really did nothing like he claims ,, then why did he need the guys name ... and not olny that why did he have to ask the field manager for the guys name ... why not just ask Woddy ,, hey buddy what is your name ??? or better yet if you really didnt have nothing to do with it ,, why get the guys name at all ??? also how did the sictch change at lambeau field ??? Woddy worked there for 2 decades ,, how many coaches came and left in that time ??? alls im saying is if Woddy was a problem ,, why wasnt he fired before ??? it doesnt make any cents ...

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts