This is all TT's fault...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
(and here's why...)

Imagine you are the new GM of a storied franchise with a winning tradition and a HOF QB on your roster that only has a few years left in his illustrious career...

When asked in your press conference after firing Mike Sherman if Brett Favre is in your plans for the GB Packers do you....

A. Say to the press and media of Green Bay and the world that you are happy to have such a proven, winning veteran on your team and that you are going to do everything in your power as GM to make the GB Packers a competitive, winning franchise that is going to make a run for a championship NOW while we still have Brett Favre on our team for the remaining years of his storied career....?

or

B. Mumble under your breath that "He's still under contract isn't he..with an angry tone and hostile glare at the press..."...??

TT has to be the WORST GM at public relations in Packer history....I don't care what any poster here says..the public perception of TT's relations with Favre is that he seems to not want him around, or to not want to deal with him...

Favre said as much at the end of last year..."I don't know if I am in the Green Bay Packer's plans...", and that statement wasn't refuted or put to rest by the Packer organization, or by TT in particular....

If TT does wan't Favre back...he has a funny way of showing it...and let's face it...in this society without proof to the contrary...perception is EVERYTHING...!

TT has created a public relations nightmare and obviously Favre isn't too happy with the way he's being treated by the new regime which was evident in his much analyzed statement..."What are they gonna do...trade me?"

IMO..TT has not been scrutinized nearly enough for his FA moves and relationship with Favre by the GB Press, and he seems to getting treated with kid gloves....

My question is...why..?

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that TT is also culpable in this matter and also agree that there is a PR problem in Green Bay. If TT can not demonstrate that he can evaluate and bring in talent either by the draft and/or FA and then have the right staff to develop them, then he will go down as the GM who forced out HOF Brett Favre and that will be his legacy.

TT should have spoken with Favre at the end of last year and said, "Look, let's agree not to play this(retirement decision) out in the press, whatever we have to say we can say to each other, privately and out of mutual respect." I would have told Favre that it hurts the Packers and the him.

For all of our sakesI hope TT knows what he's doing.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT knows what he is doing, He is making this HIS team, and nobody is going to stop him.

Making Brett the bad guy is just another way to sway some of the fans.

Looking at the posts in some of these threads, it is working quite well.

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of what has been said by Favre, Thompson, or MM, may not always be what is really true or what has been planned behind closed doors. With free agency, draft, ect....it is best to "keep your cards close to your chest".

Things might really be already known and planned as to what is going to happen but are rightfully kept secret until they have to be stated. We really don't know and we as fans can speculate as much as the rest of the division and League can.

Favre's comment about being cut might have come about from the fustration of constant badgering from the press , media and yes, the fans, every time he pops his head up(even though the words chosen could have been better thought out.)

Until everything is set in stone and they start playing, no one can really analize the team or organization

But speculating is fun and all you can do in the off-season. Until maybe for example we get a reliable kicker and the money was saved on not signing a high price free agent kicker(Vinatari) and spend the money on some great upgrades on free agents at other positions that eventually help and better the team as a whole maybee, we will know then.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it amazing that SO many people on this forum form such strong opinions about TT/Favre/MM without really having a clue as to the conversations that have been had, and what was discussed in those conversations. Psychic powers must ROCK!!

Bottom line in this scenario is that nobody is innocent.

TT has a job to do, planning for the vitality of the team both today and into the future. The nature of his job involves conflict and conflicted decisions...particularly towards aging veterans who might not be part of the future. Favre would fit into this category to be sure.

Favre is a legend who appears to be overstepping a little bit. Watch what happens, or what does not, and make a decision. This mouthing off to the press is bush league for a player who, day in day out, has exhibited nothing but class over an entire career.. I hope like hell I feel the same way about him when this shakes out, however it shakes out. Brett is very close to pulling a Javon...of a slightly different sort.

MM...well, he has done everything to appease his HOF QB...it is now up to Favre.

In life, both change and **** happen. Get used to it.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I find it amazing that SO many people on this forum form such strong opinions about TT/Favre/MM without really having a clue as to the conversations that have been had, and what was discussed in those conversations. Psychic powers must ROCK!!"

"TT has a job to do, planning for the vitality of the team both today and into the future. The nature of his job involves conflict and conflicted decisions...particularly towards aging veterans who might not be part of the future. Favre would fit into this category to be sure."

"Favre is a legend who appears to be overstepping a little bit. Watch what happens, or what does not, and make a decision. This mouthing off to the press is bush league for a player who, day in day out, has exhibited nothing but class over an entire career.. I hope like hell I feel the same way about him when this shakes out, however it shakes out. Brett is very close to pulling a Javon...of a slightly different sort."

Please read the above 3 excerps and tell me if you are not doing #1 when you read #'s 2 and 3. Psychic powers must rock! C'mon digs...everybody is taking sides on this, including you. Just reread the quotes!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I have opinions, but I am not going to put all blame on one individual. It takes two to tango, and this ugly dance has lasted far too long.

Each individual in this scenario has responsibilities and preferences...some of which, obviously, are not meshing well with the others. Is it a matter of someone being "at fault" or just the normal, albeit ******, circumstances and situations that arise as a team hits a huge crossroad with an aging legend, but yet having a future to be responsible for?

In a nutshell, DePack, the SITUATION, not necessarily the people involved, is fraught with conflict and tension...as is to be expected when this crossroad is met. Why does it have to be someone's fault, when the circumstances are inherently conflicted?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
very good perspective digs...i've been trying to say what you have, but haven't been able to put it as well. I've said numerous times that I don't necessarily blame TT, Brett, or whomever for many of the issues we're squabbling about...the conflicts are almost inevitable considering the circumstances.

Brett can't be part of a long term plan and is not the qb he once was so how can you blame TT for wanting to move on...at the same time brett is the best the packers have at the moment, he's a fan favorite, and he feels he should be granted more leeway/respect. There isn't much middle ground to stand on.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody is just doing their jobs...and the circumstances under which they have been asked to perform is full of peril, conflict, egos, and personal desires.

Let's not forget, as much as Favre is tha face of the Packers, he is also one of, if not THE, most prominent faces of the entire league.

Nobody said it would be easy!

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well digs...

I'm glad to see someone admitting that TT is somewhat responsible for all of this stuff...

Many of the posters here seem to be laying all the blame on Favre..(which i'm sure you agree)..is not fair.....

This one-sided thing gets to be a bit much for us "real Packer fans"...

Go Pack Go...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am as real a Packers' fan as there is, and from my perspective, all parties (yes, even Brett...sorry worshippers) within the organization have a hand in the confusion that is currently normal at 1265. It is literally a "chicken or the egg" situation...and no answer can be fully correct.

The situation that TT and Favre face is a mine field of extrordinarily high density. At some point, all parties will lose a few toes...in fact, it might be suggested that both TT and Brett are short of 10 right now.

How does a legend walk away...how does a GM manage a team and the legend when his time is winding down?

That some people do not get the conflict is inherent to the SITUATION, not the people involved, is beyond me.

Oh, dear.....give me the foil...shiny side out, thank you....I have agreed with 66 on some level. LOL

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Oh, I have opinions, but I am not going to put all blame on one individual. It takes two to tango, and this ugly dance has lasted far too long.

Each individual in this scenario has responsibilities and preferences...some of which, obviously, are not meshing well with the others. Is it a matter of someone being "at fault" or just the normal, albeit ******, circumstances and situations that arise as a team hits a huge crossroad with an aging legend, but yet having a future to be responsible for?

In a nutshell, DePack, the SITUATION, not necessarily the people involved, is fraught with conflict and tension...as is to be expected when this crossroad is met. Why does it have to be someone's fault, when the circumstances are inherently conflicted?

HEHE.....you said fraught!! :towel:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like words!

Here's another............"booger".....I cover the high and low roads with my vocabulary.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is NOT a "PR" man, he's the GM. If he does a good job at that, i don't CARE how he comes across to the press. And as i have stated MANY times before.........NONE of us knows whats going on behind closed doors at 1265 Lombardi Ave. It may all be done already.
([email protected] KNEW you couldn't stay away!) :wink:

I can see P@ck66 the last few days.........having severe withdrawls......."Gotta......stay....away.....from......the......KEYBOARD!" Family members telling him to hang on,............ :wink: :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
(and here's why...)

Imagine you are the new GM of a storied franchise with a winning tradition and a HOF QB on your roster that only has a few years left in his illustrious career...

When asked in your press conference after firing Mike Sherman if Brett Favre is in your plans for the GB Packers do you....

A. Say to the press and media of Green Bay and the world that you are happy to have such a proven, winning veteran on your team and that you are going to do everything in your power as GM to make the GB Packers a competitive, winning franchise that is going to make a run for a championship NOW while we still have Brett Favre on our team for the remaining years of his storied career....?

or

B. Mumble under your breath that "He's still under contract isn't he..with an angry tone and hostile glare at the press..."...??

TT has to be the WORST GM at public relations in Packer history....I don't care what any poster here says..the public perception of TT's relations with Favre is that he seems to not want him around, or to not want to deal with him...

Favre said as much at the end of last year..."I don't know if I am in the Green Bay Packer's plans...", and that statement wasn't refuted or put to rest by the Packer organization, or by TT in particular....

If TT does wan't Favre back...he has a funny way of showing it...and let's face it...in this society without proof to the contrary...perception is EVERYTHING...!

TT has created a public relations nightmare and obviously Favre isn't too happy with the way he's being treated by the new regime which was evident in his much analyzed statement..."What are they gonna do...trade me?"

IMO..TT has not been scrutinized nearly enough for his FA moves and relationship with Favre by the GB Press, and he seems to getting treated with kid gloves....

My question is...why..?

You are an embarrassment to the internet.

Where has Brett said "What are they gonna do...trade me?" ... ? I've missed that and I've been reading many different forums lately as well as football sites. This is what I have read and heard him say. When asked about the 'deadline' Brett replied saying .... to my knowledge the Packers haven't given me a deadline, the packers know there is not a deadline, If I don't tell them by Saturday, what will they do, cut me? We have talked the last month and there are some things that I have to sort out. If they don't come together, I guess I won't play. I don't know if my decision will be made by Saturday.
It's easy to take that and run with it, especially if you're a pessimistic sheltered person. Personally it sounds like a man who wants to come back but wants inside information that **** is being done because lets face it, to those of us outside the organization there hasn't been an avalanche of changes that most of us feel are needed.

What has TT done exactly wrong with Brett? From what I've read and heard from TT is nothing but patience. That to me says he is either A, very confident in Aaron Rodgers B, Confident Brett is coming back C, Afraid to tell Brett to take a freaking hike because of the fans. C is a possibility as certainly others are, however I'd lean more towards A or B considering the man.

Remember you read what the writer WANTS you to read from their article. There should be laws or requirements that every comment made by the person during the interview be accessable because its soo easy to twist someone's words and add a flagarant perception to tarnish their true intentions.

Journalism of that nature really irks the poopies out of me.

Members online

Latest posts