This disturbs me

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A different route - JSOnline

I think we have one of the most talented receiving corps in the NFL, and allways thought of them as the most team-oriented group of guys.

So SHUT UP! Stop being self-centered and go back to be the great guys you are! Nobody cares about stats, when the trophy is in the closet!

Now is definitely not the time to act as primadonnas!

Or am I overreacting?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read this earlier. What, exactly, is the author of this suggesting? That there is this huge rift in the lockerroom with WRs grumbling about not getting the ball enough? Geez. Driver and Jennings have never publically given anyone this impression in the past. It must've been a slow day in sports news and they needed something to fill the JS sports section...

WoodyG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is just another media created illusion.
DD is silent, therefore he 'must' be disgruntled.
Although JJ & GJ talked, what were the questions posed to them? What 'specificly' was being talked about when these questions were asked of both players? What questions were asked before & after that initiated the 'quotes'?

You'll never know the context of the quotes because it destroys Silverstein's entire article ........... Silverstein did what most of the 'local-yokel media' have been doing all year ......... Deciding on a premise for an article & then selectively writing that article to support his pre-determined premise ........... These 'paid' fans have to stir the pot, especially when they lack the ability for solid sports commentary based on research & truth ............ Why report accuracy when you can make up stuff .......

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A new revaluation, receivers that want the ball. Where does the madness end? Receivers these days.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
This stuff will be created more often than not by the Milwaukee media versus the Green Bay Media. Frankly, there isn't a whole lot coming out of the Packers' locker room this week. The Journal-Sentinel columnists tend to be ... shall we say.... creative.

OP
OP
PackersRS

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read this earlier. What, exactly, is the author of this suggesting? That there is this huge rift in the lockerroom with WRs grumbling about not getting the ball enough? Geez. Driver and Jennings have never publically given anyone this impression in the past. It must've been a slow day in sports news and they needed something to fill the JS sports section...

This is just another media created illusion.
DD is silent, therefore he 'must' be disgruntled.
Although JJ & GJ talked, what were the questions posed to them? What 'specificly' was being talked about when these questions were asked of both players? What questions were asked before & after that initiated the 'quotes'?

You'll never know the context of the quotes because it destroys Silverstein's entire article ........... Silverstein did what most of the 'local-yokel media' have been doing all year ......... Deciding on a premise for an article & then selectively writing that article to support his pre-determined premise ........... These 'paid' fans have to stir the pot, especially when they lack the ability for solid sports commentary based on research & truth ............ Why report accuracy when you can make up stuff .......

Probably media created. The Vikings had a non-existent "schism" earlier this year, now we get one.

A new revaluation, receivers that want the ball. Where does the madness end? Receivers these days.

LOL, is it not their job to catch the ball?

This stuff will be created more often than not by the Milwaukee media versus the Green Bay Media. Frankly, there isn't a whole lot coming out of the Packers' locker room this week. The Journal-Sentinel columnists tend to be ... shall we say.... creative.
So... I'm overreacting.

BTW, I think, looking as an outsider, that both papers have issues. While one is too "pro-government", the other tries too much to make something out of nothing.

I think it's a natural development, as the GPPG has been the "official" journal of the team, having more inside information, and tends to mantain that past bond by pending to the franchise's side.

And the capital newspaper reacts to that by being more agressive. Too agressive sometimes.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is typical Journal-Sentinel bs. Sometimes I'd wish they just go full blown NY Post and tabloid that rag up some. Then I wouldn't think that I had just picked up a newspaper.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bedard is an "offender" too.

I'd recommend this site to the folks living out of the market area.

WDUZ-FM - The Fan 107.5 FM Green Bay, WI - Listen Online

If you go down to the Daily Line up, you'd have a choice of 3 programs that are pretty much Packers orientated .. The Morning Show, Fanline and Sportsline... arrow back to the day you want to listen to and you're set.

Also, the Fan's Pre-game starts 3 hours before kickoff -- so that's 12:15 pm Central at: WDUZ The Fan 107.5 FM|1400 AM (and then "Click to Listen Live"). They don't carry the game though.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts