They won't win without Rodgers

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if Arod comes back for the next game, do you think he wont be a tad rusty? Even is he comes out **** hot, our defense alone will make it a tough task for him to put up the amount of point required for a win. You are correct about us in one way, if we were to win the division that is the ONLY way we get a shot at the play-offs. How do you see that happening? We still have to play Dallas, in dallas.... we have to play the Bears, in chicago and we have to play the steelers, who have a hot hand as of late.....so....do you really see us going 4-0 to close out the season and the other teams in the NFC north losing in the scenario you wrote? I sure as hell don't. I can no longer be positive at this point. The only game I see us winning would be the game vs ATL..... and that is only because the are lacking Julio Jones and roddy white....our DB's could NOT handle those 2 guys if they were healthy....so how can we expect to handle Dez Bryant/Miles Austin/Jason whitten from dallas and then have to contend with Brandon Marshall/Alshon Jeffrie/Forte ? Your hopes are a mile to high my friend.
Say what you want about the team as a whole, but this stat is pretty clear:

5-2 with Aaron Rodgers (with 2 close losses)
0-4-1 without Aaron Rodgers

The Packers will HAVE A GOOD CHANCE to win everyone of their remaining games. I am by no means saying they will go 4-0, just pointing out that it is a definite possibility. Rodgers will be back and have a chance to shake off the rust against Atlanta at home. Next up is Dallas. I think everyone can agree the Packers have a chance in that game...Dallas has as many weaknesses as Green Bay does. Then Pittsburgh at home...should be a win. Then at Chicago. What's so great about the Bears???

Regardless of the Packers' weaknesses, their remaining opponents have just as many, which is shown through their records this season. And Green Bay is getting Aaron Rodgers back, who was 5-2 before being injured...

Lions will lose 1 out of next 2 for sure. They are in Philly and then home against the Ravens. Don't see them winning both of those, which means if Green Bay wins out, they will be in it until week 17 for sure.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if Arod comes back for the next game, do you think he wont be a tad rusty? Even is he comes out **** hot, our defense alone will make it a tough task for him to put up the amount of point required for a win. You are correct about us in one way, if we were to win the division that is the ONLY way we get a shot at the play-offs. How do you see that happening? We still have to play Dallas, in dallas.... we have to play the Bears, in chicago and we have to play the steelers, who have a hot hand as of late.....so....do you really see us going 4-0 to close out the season and the other teams in the NFC north losing in the scenario you wrote? I sure as hell don't. I can no longer be positive at this point. The only game I see us winning would be the game vs ATL..... and that is only because the are lacking Julio Jones and roddy white....our DB's could NOT handle those 2 guys if they were healthy....so how can we expect to handle Dez Bryant/Miles Austin/Jason whitten from dallas and then have to contend with Brandon Marshall/Alshon Jeffrie/Forte ? Your hopes are a mile to high my friend.
At this point I don't even see us beating the Failcons.
Maybe we will get lucky and tie that game as well.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say what you want about the team as a whole, but this stat is pretty clear:

5-2 with Aaron Rodgers (with 2 close losses)
0-4-1 without Aaron Rodgers

The Packers will HAVE A GOOD CHANCE to win everyone of their remaining games. I am by no means saying they will go 4-0, just pointing out that it is a definite possibility. Rodgers will be back and have a chance to shake off the rust against Atlanta at home. Next up is Dallas. I think everyone can agree the Packers have a chance in that game...Dallas has as many weaknesses as Green Bay does. Then Pittsburgh at home...should be a win. Then at Chicago. What's so great about the Bears???

Regardless of the Packers' weaknesses, their remaining opponents have just as many, which is shown through their records this season. And Green Bay is getting Aaron Rodgers back, who was 5-2 before being injured...

Lions will lose 1 out of next 2 for sure. They are in Philly and then home against the Ravens. Don't see them winning both of those, which means if Green Bay wins out, they will be in it until week 17 for sure.
I hope you prove me wrong. I really do.
I will happily accept that.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m a little concerned that people think the return of One player can right this sinking ship, and I say that respectfully to everybody. For Rodgers to be effective he needs protection (that offensive line would get him killed). That defensive line cannot tackle to save its life. We`ve had people on here saying "this player" is out, or "that player" is vital to this defense and we`ll get better when he gets back........and surprise surprise, it doesn`t happen. I`m not trying to be doom and gloom, but fact is we SUCKED last night, everybody SUCKED. We regularly call for Capers to be cut loose, or the conditioning coach to be cut. Mike McCarthy seems like a nice guy, but last night he looked like he didn`t have a clue what to do.
We could have had the greatest player ever at QB last night, insert name here(.....................), and he would have been slaughtered. I`m rambling now and having breathing difficulties with a panic attack and need a brown paper bag !!!
What I don't understand is why we suck.
Is it all just a crazy coincidence that Rodgers goes out and the team would have fallen apart anyway if he had stayed in?
Or is he going out somehow messing with all their motivations and psyches?
There is no definitive answer.
I would hope that if Air-Run returns that the O-line will step up and be motivated to protect him better.
It's such a wonky season and too bad it happened to us.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

What I don't understand is why we suck.
Is it all just a crazy coincidence that Rodgers goes out and the team would have fallen apart anyway if he had stayed in?
Or is he going out somehow messing with all their motivations and psyches?
There is no definitive answer.
I would hope that if Air-Run returns that the O-line will step up and be motivated to protect him better.
It's such a wonky season and too bad it happened to us.

It just scares me that rushing him back could get him seriously injured and THEN we have a real problem !

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just scares me that rushing him back could get him seriously injured and THEN we have a real problem !

That's what i was thinking. Apparantly they still have hopes on making the playoffs so if he is cleared he plays. so sad the offense has to score 30 a gm...Rodgers is our only option at scoring 30 a game. Hpefully we can get Cobb back soon as well...i had his return circled for Dec 15 against Dallas.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh you mean like AJ Hawk right??

AJ Hawk actually was an immediate contributor, he looked very solid as a rookie. But he has nothing to do with it. I didn't say all top 5 picks turn out to be forces right away. Just much easier to get one top 5 than top 30. That's a fact.

Reaction score
I'm not giving up until we are mathematically eliminated, but the fat lady is warming up. I think the Bears are toast!

If we don't make the playoffs, I'm hoping Carolina will and that is who I will root for from the NFC. I pretty much despise everyone else except for maybe, Tampa....and they sure won't be there. What a sad disappointing year.

Forgot about a couple more NFC teams I could live rooting for if we have to sit out the post-season:

the Rams (although we won't be seeing them in the playoff mix) &

the Arizona Cardinals who could very well make some noise along with the Panthers.

I can't believe our season has come down to having to run the table and pray for the Lions and Bears to stumble for any chance of a playoff appearance. The sad thing, is that the two teams we are battling to win the division have left the door open for us more than once, yet we continue to fail to rush through it. Hell, we'll have to crawl through it....looks like.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team went with Rodgers 15-1 with the worst pass defenses in the history of the game. They can win 4 in a row if he comes back even with their problems.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wise decision not to watch, FF. I wouldn't know where to begin. Our D looked like they chose to play "flag" football again this week and I doubt anybody on this OL could block Charles Nelson Reilly > dead OR alive. Just got punched in the mouth for the entire 60 minutes and the score could have (should have) been much worse.

Here are a few glaring statistics: How about that "24" yards rushing? Brutal performance today.

First downs: GB 7 Det 30
3rd down conversions: GB 2-10 Det 9-12
Plays: GB 42 Det 79
Sacks - yds lost: GB 7-37 Det 1-10
Rushing: GB 24 :mad: Det 241
Passing: GB 102 Det 320
Total yds: GB 126 Det 561
Time of poss: GB 19:34 Det 40:26

Lost more yards on sacks then they GAINED rushing

Reaction score
Lost more yards on sacks then they GAINED rushing

If it was any other team, I would throw in a ROFLMAO < in that space! That eye-catching stat comparison is just, well....."unprofessional" despite the OL injuries. We can't find SOMEONE off the bench who can block? Just an abysmal performance.

Any update on EDS (kneee) injury?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't know that Rodgers will be back for the Falcons game.

We don't even know that he will be back after that.

Given how bad the Falcons are this year, I would normally think that we could get by and win this one at home with either Flynn or Tolzien. But I think we've made it abundantly clear that no team is a gimmee win without Rodgers.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We don't know that Rodgers will be back for the Falcons game.

We don't even know that he will be back after that.

Given how bad the Falcons are this year, I would normally think that we could get by and win this one at home with either Flynn or Tolzien. But I think we've made it abundantly clear that no team is a gimmee win without Rodgers.
Exactly.
I am totally relating to this.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The team went with Rodgers 15-1 with the worst pass defenses in the history of the game. They can win 4 in a row if he comes back even with their problems.

That was a different type of team.....the type that creates turn overs. Hell, we can hardly buy an INT this season.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a different type of team.....the type that creates turn overs. Hell, we can hardly buy an INT this season.

A different team that also had a poor run game and poor pass protection.

This year's team can run the ball and the o-line has been good all year except the last game.

Rodgers can turn this team around.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
A different team that also had a poor run game and poor pass protection.

This year's team can run the ball and the o-line has been good all year except the last game.

Rodgers can turn this team around.

So if we can now run the ball in 2013 compared to 2010, in a worse spot, with more injuries, are not "hot" going into the late season.......what makes you think that this is even somewhat close to being even in the shadow of the 2010 season??? There are waaaaay to many differences. Like I said, that is the past, this is the now. Different team then, different team now. We had GUYS, more than one, getting healthy at the same time the team was heating up at the end of the 2010 season and that hot streak rolled right into the play-offs. That "hot" team attitiude boosted the players, do you think we have that boost right now? No, we can't even beat teams that have an even worse record that we do (Minn). We are getting punished in our division man, c'mon....you gotta be able to see that, and that matters A LOT. Take off the homer blinders and step back into the real world and look at this from an all new angle.
And being that you have been a packers fan since 1994..... you have really only experienced the streak of "good years" Try watching the late 70's and the 80's packers and tell me what ya think..... the era you have been watching will make you a spoiled fan due to the fact that we have been basically a damn good team since the beginning of the Favre era. I hope this season does not make you fall off the packers wagon.....all things go in a circle my friend, and I think we might be starting to see a curve coming up.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts