1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

They won't win without Rodgers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Title Town USA

Title Town USA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Say what you want about the team as a whole, but this stat is pretty clear:

5-2 with Aaron Rodgers (with 2 close losses)
    0-4-1 without Aaron Rodgers

The Packers will HAVE A GOOD CHANCE to win everyone of their remaining games. I am by no means saying they will go 4-0, just pointing out that it is a definite possibility. Rodgers will be back and have a chance to shake off the rust against Atlanta at home. Next up is Dallas. I think everyone can agree the Packers have a chance in that game...Dallas has as many weaknesses as Green Bay does. Then Pittsburgh at home...should be a win. Then at Chicago. What's so great about the Bears???

Regardless of the Packers' weaknesses, their remaining opponents have just as many, which is shown through their records this season. And Green Bay is getting Aaron Rodgers back, who was 5-2 before being injured...

Lions will lose 1 out of next 2 for sure. They are in Philly and then home against the Ravens. Don't see them winning both of those, which means if Green Bay wins out, they will be in it until week 17 for sure.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    At this point I don't even see us beating the Failcons.
    Maybe we will get lucky and tie that game as well.

3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I hope you prove me wrong. I really do.
    I will happily accept that.

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    What I don't understand is why we suck.
    Is it all just a crazy coincidence that Rodgers goes out and the team would have fallen apart anyway if he had stayed in?
    Or is he going out somehow messing with all their motivations and psyches?
    There is no definitive answer.
    I would hope that if Air-Run returns that the O-line will step up and be motivated to protect him better.
    It's such a wonky season and too bad it happened to us.

5. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,172
    It just scares me that rushing him back could get him seriously injured and THEN we have a real problem !

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    That's what i was thinking. Apparantly they still have hopes on making the playoffs so if he is cleared he plays. so sad the offense has to score 30 a gm...Rodgers is our only option at scoring 30 a game. Hpefully we can get Cobb back soon as well...i had his return circled for Dec 15 against Dallas.

7. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,433
    AJ Hawk actually was an immediate contributor, he looked very solid as a rookie. But he has nothing to do with it. I didn't say all top 5 picks turn out to be forces right away. Just much easier to get one top 5 than top 30. That's a fact.

8. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191

Forgot about a couple more NFC teams I could live rooting for if we have to sit out the post-season:

the Rams (although we won't be seeing them in the playoff mix) &

the Arizona Cardinals who could very well make some noise along with the Panthers.

I can't believe our season has come down to having to run the table and pray for the Lions and Bears to stumble for any chance of a playoff appearance. The sad thing, is that the two teams we are battling to win the division have left the door open for us more than once, yet we continue to fail to rush through it. Hell, we'll have to crawl through it....looks like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. PuckersSuck

PuckersSuck Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The season is over. Damage has been done. The Lions are going to the super bowl.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,172
    And what is Santa bringing you for christmas ???

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    They showed that they wanted it more than we do.

12. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,044
    The team went with Rodgers 15-1 with the worst pass defenses in the history of the game. They can win 4 in a row if he comes back even with their problems.

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983

Lost more yards on sacks then they GAINED rushing

14. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    :eek:

15. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +191
    If it was any other team, I would throw in a ROFLMAO < in that space! That eye-catching stat comparison is just, well....."unprofessional" despite the OL injuries. We can't find SOMEONE off the bench who can block? Just an abysmal performance.

Any update on EDS (kneee) injury?

16. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,433
    We don't know that Rodgers will be back for the Falcons game.

We don't even know that he will be back after that.

Given how bad the Falcons are this year, I would normally think that we could get by and win this one at home with either Flynn or Tolzien. But I think we've made it abundantly clear that no team is a gimmee win without Rodgers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Exactly.
    I am totally relating to this.

18. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    That was a different type of team.....the type that creates turn overs. Hell, we can hardly buy an INT this season.

19. TheStone

TheStone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Hey, what's that INT-thing again?
    Heard about something like that some time ago, but I forgot what it's all about...

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Carl

Carl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,044
    A different team that also had a poor run game and poor pass protection.

This year's team can run the ball and the o-line has been good all year except the last game.

Rodgers can turn this team around.

21. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    So if we can now run the ball in 2013 compared to 2010, in a worse spot, with more injuries, are not "hot" going into the late season.......what makes you think that this is even somewhat close to being even in the shadow of the 2010 season??? There are waaaaay to many differences. Like I said, that is the past, this is the now. Different team then, different team now. We had GUYS, more than one, getting healthy at the same time the team was heating up at the end of the 2010 season and that hot streak rolled right into the play-offs. That "hot" team attitiude boosted the players, do you think we have that boost right now? No, we can't even beat teams that have an even worse record that we do (Minn). We are getting punished in our division man, c'mon....you gotta be able to see that, and that matters A LOT. Take off the homer blinders and step back into the real world and look at this from an all new angle.
    And being that you have been a packers fan since 1994..... you have really only experienced the streak of "good years" Try watching the late 70's and the 80's packers and tell me what ya think..... the era you have been watching will make you a spoiled fan due to the fact that we have been basically a damn good team since the beginning of the Favre era. I hope this season does not make you fall off the packers wagon.....all things go in a circle my friend, and I think we might be starting to see a curve coming up.