These 5 guys have to play big to return Lombardi Home

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The season is in trouble is Rodgers goes down - everyone forgets! TT needs to bring in an experienced backup. Has anyone heard any rumors on who may be available?

Why do people always mumble this nonsense? Can you tell me one single team that will win the Super Bowl if their starter goes down? Seriously, lets hear it. And which Super Bowl caliber free agents do you suggest signing? I hear there are plenty out there. Maybe Bert will come back and backup Aaron for us.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not quite the way it's gone down.

In The Fan interview in March that created a minor stir, Williams had been quoted as saying, "It could be a year, it could be two years to come back. And it’s made progress, but it’s still coming. So it’s one of those deals to where my shoulder’s still getting better at this point. I’m still working on it and hopefully it comes all the way back this year.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...011-shoulder-injury-still-hasnt-fully-healed/

Now, in May, in response the The Fan interview fallout:

"It was a couple different questions they asked from past years," Williams said. "It really wasn't much. It kind of hit the media like it was something today. But it was from the past. So it really wasn't anything. It was from when the injury happened. It kind of hit like it was something new, like something else happened. I did the interview telling them exactly what happened and they made it seem like it was new."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/208371061.html

I don't see The Fan interview making it sound at all like something "new". The point was Williams played in 2012 impaired by lingering nerve damage from the 2011 injury; the "news" was this fact had been suspected but not previously disclosed.

Dunne's blog post concludes with:

"It's better," Williams said. "Trust me. It's better than last year. But last year I was good. The structure was good. But when it comes to nerves, it's time. And there's nothing at all you can do about it. It's time. Time passes and it gets better, so I'm better."

I see "better"...I don't see 100%...which is essentially what he said in The Fan interview in the first place. And once again, like last season, one must wonder if this is a case of disclaiming or hiding or downplaying an impairment (1) for competitive reasons...wanting opponents to think, if at all possible, you're 100% even if you're not and (2) not wanting to make excuses in advance if all does not go as planned, an admirable intention if that's the case.

And lest we forget, injury recovery is largely an act of faith...you have to believe in it to make it happen...acknowledgment of the difficulties and setbacks only happen after the fact when they cannot be denied.

The proof will be in the putting, when tackle football begins.

Good job debunking an inaccurate statement

H

HardRightEdge

From what I've read there has been dramatic improvement in Williams shoulder after an off season of yoga, jump rope and weight lifting. Is he 100 %? Maybe or maybe not. With injuries especially you have to look at them in real time. A situation in March is probably not the same as it is as we near June.

I believe he said 100 % in another interview I saw which I can't locate. Anyway here is an article that indicates the shoulder isn't an issue.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...f-packers-secondary-b9916596z1-208602621.html

Saying he was hurt last year is something we all know and he acknowledges.

Since you gave me an old for quoting a piece from 5/22, the same date as your link, I returned the favor. Your link doesn't have Williams quoted on nerve issues. A trainer says he has full range of motion. I don't doubt that...but nerve damage goes to the issue of strength, not motion.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since you gave me an old for quoting a piece from 5/22, the same date as your link, I returned the favor. Your link doesn't have Williams quoted on nerve issues. A trainer says he has full range of motion. I don't doubt that...but nerve damage goes to the issue of strength, not motion.

I gave you an old because you seemed to base a lot on statements from March. That's why I said you had to look at injuries in real time.

As far as strength issues weight lifting does address that.

And I've given you a lot of agrees. Maybe you will return one down the road. :)

H

HardRightEdge

I gave you an old because you seemed to base a lot on statements from March. That's why I said you had to look at injuries in real time.
Actually, no. The point of my post was to illustrate that Williams' comments in May regarding the nerve injury did not differ from his comments in March. He's still in recovery according to him as of May 22.

Evidently some people rang him up concerned about some new injury because their reading (or listening) comprehension is not up to snuff.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, no. The point of my post was to illustrate that Williams' comments in May regarding the nerve injury did not differ from his comments in March. He's still in recovery according to him as of May 22.

Evidently some people rang him up concerned about some new injury because their reading (or listening) comprehension is not up to snuff.

And I posted my link to show that he is apparently doing very well. According to that link there has been a dramatic improvement. Sure he is going to continue to do the things that got him there.

For sure there are a lot of misunderstandings going on.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Strongest DEPTH by position:

1. CB
  2. RB
  3. Then what?
I would say the least depth are safety, and obviously QB.
We have 2 guys built perfectly for NT in Raji and big Pickett.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts