There is more than one way to win the NFC North.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Avoid injuries... If the Pack can stay healthy it will be a big boost.

The Lions just lost Jeff Garcia for the season with a broken leg on a scramble. We all know about the Bears loss already.

Not to wish injury on anyone but avoiding a few key injuries in this devision could be the key to wining the division for the division champions.

RP

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The vikings lost their pro bowl center Birk. That is a huge injury for them.

Bottom line, we all go have injuries, and you just got to play through them.

Reaction score
To add to your point, another way is to AVOID BEING A *******. Case and point, Ontario "Whizinnator" Smith. He would've helped the Vikes, but instead he did something stupid and is now suspended. If players can use LOGIC and COMMON SENSE, it will keep them away form off field trouble, and that LOGIC and COMMON SENSE might just help them out on the field too.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention that Sharper looked like he was 5 yards off the receiver gain tonight against the Seahawks :)

Hey RP,

How is that Arizona State Alum Andrew Walter looking out in Oakland?

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AZ

AZ,

Funny you should ask I was just talking about him. He is one of the surprises in camp. Looks like he is going to take the number two spot away from Tuiasosopo, and the kid is playing really well.

The other surprise in camp is Jonnie Morant, he had 6 catches for 161 yards yesterday. Raidahhs are going to win the AFC West!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: AZ

Raider Pride said:
AZ,

Funny you should ask I was just talking about him. He is one of the surprises in camp. Looks like he is going to take the number two spot away from Tuiasosopo, and the kid is playing really well.

The other surprise in camp is Jonnie Morant, he had 6 catches for 161 yards yesterday. Raidahhs are going to win the AFC West!

I was hoping the Packers would grab Walters in round 2 or 3 before Rodgers fell to them at 24, which is why I was curious how he was doing.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Avoid injuries... If the Pack can stay healthy it will be a big boost.

The Lions just lost Jeff Garcia for the season with a broken leg on a scramble. We all know about the Bears loss already.

Not to wish injury on anyone but avoiding a few key injuries in this devision could be the key to wining the division for the division champions.

RP
The Packers have the oldest QB in the division and the odds of him having a serious injury are over due. Don't get to happy just yet.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have the oldest QB in the division and the odds of him having a serious injury are over due. Don't get to happy just yet.

Yeah? And how many QBs have the Bears gone through in the last 5 years?
I see your twisted mentallity...Don't hate the Packers because they are better than the Bears, hate them because of Brett Favre...

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
I see your twisted mentallity...Don't hate the Packers because they are better than the Bears, hate them because of Brett Favre...

LOL, good call. I have a ton of Viking fan friends and they all hate Favre like he's the antichrist. All I say to them is if Daunte was all over the news like Favre is, they'd love it. Then I start pouring out facts, and they shut up quick. Favre deserves to be revered, as he's earned everything he's done in his career. Nothing has ever been given to this guy.
I love Brett Favre and I wouldn't take another QB in the whole league. Sure thier might be better QBs out there, but Favre can still get the job done at 37 years old. That is saying something.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

I think Phil is simply trying to come to terms with the fact that da Bears are (once again) going nowhere this season. However, if it is any concellation, I sincerely hope the ONLY 2 games Chi wins this season are vs. the Queens. :lol:

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

Yeah? And how many QBs have the Bears gone through in the last 5 years?

I don't get it. What part of my comment was incorrect? Are you saying that the Packers do not have the oldest QB in the division and the odds of him having a serious injury are not over due? If you are counting on and maybe even wishing for major injuries from your division opponents then you must be worried.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Obi1 said:

I think Phil is simply trying to come to terms with the fact that da Bears are (once again) going nowhere this season. However, if it is any concellation, I sincerely hope the ONLY 2 games Chi wins this season are vs. the Queens. :lol:

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley
Ok. I say the Bears have a better record than last season and the Packers have a worse record than last season. The Bears will not go 5-11 and the Packers will not go 10-6. This is the transition season for both of these teams and they are going in opposite directions.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Ok. I say the Bears have a better record than last season and the Packers have a worse record than last season. The Bears will not go 5-11 and the Packers will not go 10-6. This is the transition season for both of these teams and they are going in opposite directions.

If you say so. I have heard the same BS about the Pack being on the downward spiral for the last 3 seasons, yet we still manage to take the NFC North title, don't we? Basing such dire predictions for the Pack on preseason matchups is a little premature at best. One needs only to look at the Pack's record at Week 5 last season for proof of this.

I wouldn't bet the farm if I were you...

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
Philtration said:

If you say so. I have heard the same BS about the Pack being on the downward spiral for the last 3 seasons, yet we still manage to take the NFC North title, don't we? Basing such dire predictions for the Pack on preseason matchups is a little premature at best. One needs only to look at the Pack's record at Week 5 last season for proof of this.

I wouldn't bet the farm if I were you...

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

Did the Packers not decline last year from the year before and need yet another gag by the Vikings to win the division? They also lost at home in the first round of the playoffs. They have a defense that is even worse than the sorry one they had last year and the offense has lost at least a step. Every major sports publication in the country are predicting a fall and even a wild card spot is highly unlikely yet you cling to the past as if that will some how make this years team better. I have also heard the same BS about the Packers winning the Super bowl every year since 1997. They have lost 6 of their last 8 playoff games, are 10-9 in their last 19 home games and were only 4-4 last year at home. Brett Favre can no long carry this team alone and they no one else to pick up the slack.
With Favre throwing picks and Green putting the ball on the ground, they will be handing the ball to the other team

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Did the Packers not decline last year from the year before and need yet another gag by the Vikings to win the division? They also lost at home in the first round of the playoffs. They have a defense that is even worse than the sorry one they had last year and the offense has lost at least a step. Every major sports publication in the country are predicting a fall and even a wild card spot is highly unlikely yet you cling to the past as if that will some how make this years team better. I have also heard the same BS about the Packers winning the Super bowl every year since 1997. They have lost 6 of their last 8 playoff games, are 10-9 in their last 19 home games and were only 4-4 last year at home. Brett Favre can no long carry this team alone and they no one else to pick up the slack.
With Favre throwing picks and Green putting the ball on the ground, they will be handing the ball to the other team

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
Philtration said:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are 18-2 against the Bers in the last 10 years... Let's see how many times were the Bears swept?

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Did the Packers not decline last year from the year before and need yet another gag by the Vikings to win the division?

Phil, Phil, Phil... It seems you are incorrect again.

In 2003, the Queens led the division up until Week 16 when they lost to the Cardinals, giving the Packers the chance they needed to finish with a 10-6 record the NFC North title.

In 2004, the Packers got off to a 1-4 start, which resulted in much of the same BS about their season being done. They ended up finishing with a 10-6 record and the NFC North (again). Meanwhile, the Queens fell into a midseason tailspin and finished 8-8 and barely squeaked into the playoffs on an undeserved wildcard berth.

It was the Queens that declined from the previous season, not the Packers. Next time, I suggest you research the facts before parroting back the tripe you read in the mass media.

Philtration said:
Every major sports publication in the country are predicting a fall and even a wild card spot is highly unlikely yet you cling to the past as if that will some how make this years team better.

As I said before, research the facts before parroting back the tripe you read in the mass media. Sports publications have been predicting the Pack's demise for the last three seasons, however they are still the reigning NFC North champions until someone is able to take it away from them.

Finally, as for "cling[ing] to the past as if that will some how make this years team better"... What were you saying about da Bears' chances this season??? :lol:

GO PACK!

Robert C. Hedley

Members online

Latest posts