The way we are playing this game scares me.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coming off a squeeker in Detroit, this team scares the ****l out of me. A real defense and offense. What are your thoughts on a packer game plan for the Jaguars. We can't count on the weather to keep us in a game every week and the way jones ran on us sunday it could be a long day.

Brad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree...I'm actually heading to this game and expecting big things from the pack...I'm not sure why Jones ran all over us this wkend, our defense is usually pretty sound against the run...I think they will be good again this week but our secondary is going to need some help against leftwich and the gang...He's dangerous and im not sure how we are going to defend against him...A spy could be helpful just to keep a LB in the sam area and in his line of sight....Our DB's just really have to step up to the plate this week and play some decent ball...oh yeah, and it would be nice if our entire offense showed up this week, we can't have a repeat of last week!

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they learned something againest Philly. They need to worry about the pass first then worry about byron sandwhich running it. They thought Mcnab was going to run all over them and look what happend. WE NEED TO STOP THE PASS!!!!! With Kampmen playing as well as he is and BIG Grady Jackson up front I don't think sandwhich will be able to run very far if at all

smashmouth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all due respect pckr4evr Leftwitch will not run, he's a pocket & progression guy. Grady and the other DT's need to collapse the pocket and we need to get in his face and stay there. He's still basically a rookie prone to rookie mistakes.
It will not suprise me if DelRio uses the same game plan as the Colts and Eagles and not run the ball much at all.
Line up 4 or 5 wr's and go. I hope Slow **** can adjust his game plan to get a little pressure on Byron.

Also our O needs to click, Hopefully Ruegammer will be back but if he's not Wells did a fair job against Rodgers and Wilkinson. Does anyone know if Diggs will return this week. His absence was rthe reason for Jones having a big day. If you notice they ran away from Navies and Barnett mostly to the weak side......

Smash

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Diggs is still sore and is taking it day-to-day. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jaguars run the ball. Chances are the weather isn't going to be great again and their starting tailback, Fred Taylor already has over 1000 yards. The biggest culprit against the Lions was Biamila. He just can't stand up to the run. Barnett was also guilty of overpursuit (again) on Jones touchdown run.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All we can hope for is that the D shows up we really need to win out we are in a good spot to get at least one home field game for the playoffs but our "D" scares me and the refs make me want to :puke: hope it is cold and crappy

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a defensive coordinator who is a visionary, not reactionary. He geared up to stop the run against the eagles and they threw all day, so he forgot the run against Harrington and they ran all over us. What a joke this guy is.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smashmouth said:
With all due respect pckr4evr Leftwitch will not run, he's a pocket & progression guy. Grady and the other DT's need to collapse the pocket and we need to get in his face and stay there. He's still basically a rookie prone to rookie mistakes.
It will not suprise me if DelRio uses the same game plan as the Colts and Eagles and not run the ball much at all.
Line up 4 or 5 wr's and go. I hope Slow **** can adjust his game plan to get a little pressure on Byron.

Also our O needs to click, Hopefully Ruegammer will be back but if he's not Wells did a fair job against Rodgers and Wilkinson. Does anyone know if Diggs will return this week. His absence was rthe reason for Jones having a big day. If you notice they ran away from Navies and Barnett mostly to the weak side......

Smash

hey smashmouth learn to read I meant I hope Slowit worries about the pass instead of cocentrating on Leftwich running it like he did with Mcnab and leftwich does have 2 rushing Td's so don't tell me he won't run it. I've got your respect swingin'

smashmouth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be a young guy with that attitude
No need to be a punk dude, I just call 'em the way I see 'em. Maybe be a little more discriptive in your analysis....
Not lookin' for a war with a pack fan, so calm yourself with the insults.

Smash

Oh by the way 22 carries for 79 yds............ Looks like a run at last resort guy to me

He's also been sacked 21 times, alot for a running QB???????? dont you think?????

smashmouth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I should have had the foresight to see that you meant Fred Taylor running it?????? right??????

I get your point.....

Smash

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Smash Sorry I got a little worked up these viqueen fans i work with get me a little irate sometimes sorry i took it out on a fellow packer fan anyway I think were on the same page here. Let's just hope our Dline can control the line of scrimmage and slowit plays man coverage and not zone. I think that would be the right game plan.

smashmouth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No prob 4evr,

I'm usually nonconfrontational except when a queen fan is in the room...so I get your stress. Dont let 'em get to ya.
Just put your clenched fist out in front of you and ask the queen fans what this is?, referring to your fist... Tell them that's the amount of Superbowl rings the queens have...

DesMoines???? You must be the minority there.....
You a Iowa State guy????or a Hawkeye????
Was is Ankeny last summer for a bachelor party....

Those little queenies are fun to banter with, they resort to jokes and baseless insults about Wisconsinisms and they think they are sooooo smart. Its funny they've drifted away from our sites for a while...

I agree with the man coverage.....whole heartedly.....

Smash

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smash thanks for the tip I'll show these stupid queens. It's funny all the queens fans around here start the year as big fans but for some reason you never see them at the end of the season. I think they put their queen stuff away for the year around week 6. I don't blame them but thats why I hate them they are the epitome of fair weather fans. by the way I'm a hawkeye fan thats the only way to be. The cyclones blow! Funny thing is I work at Iowa State. Ironic. My prediction for sunday Pack 48 Jags 24 I think the offense is going to show up in a big way.

v00d00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jags will most definitely run against Green Bay, and their back is more than capable of doing damage....not to mention that their QB can break off yards on his own. Stat wise, Fred Taylor is pretty similar to Ahman Green (except in TDs), and I expect to see alot of him. For the first half of last week's game, the Lions committed to the run and slowly drained the clock while moving the chains, and it was pretty successful. Jacksonville will be building a game plan on that. Aside from that, our horrible secondary is going to have to find a way to stop Jimmy Smith....because this guy is SICK. I think they'll find some mismatches with him against our d-backs.

Jacksonville's defense is where I think the problem will be. Their defense ranks right up there with the likes of the Patroits, Redskins, and Ravens....and will be one of the toughest defenses we've faced all year. They bring alot of pressure, and are tough against the run. The Pack will need an A-game from their offensive line. Hopefully Brett won't be rattled and start heaving INTs.

IF the Packers win, I won't be surprised to see another squeaker....

Green Bay 21
Jacksonville 20

smashmouth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great analysis voodoo,

They are a good team no question, I think if the pack can geat a lead early with the weather conditions deteriorating 16 w/snow flurries dropping to 12 at games end. Turnovers as always will determine the winner. Wells, Rivera and Wahle will have their hands full again this week with Jax's 2 DT's. The strength of their D is up the middle, w D. Darius in the defensive backfield.
My take on Leftwitch is that ya he's good but he's been sacked 21 times he doesn't have great mobility, knee injury earlier this year. He's got the size of a Culpepper but he's no where near the athlete. 21 carries 79 yds tells me he's not a running QB.
I'm hopeful Fred Taylor can be contained and that Harris with safety help can cover Smith.

Lastly we could really use a special teams' score this week. The guys on those units need to step up and make a play......

Smash

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we can only hope that they have it figured out digger. It sure would be nice to see a defense on the field that knows their assignments.

jaggernaut1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings Pack Fans!

We Jags fans are looking forward to this game. You should all be proud of the tradition and history of your team and field.

Those of you who may have visited our message board have been very respectful and great in discusssion, so far, from what I've read here, I can expect more of the same.

To address a few points I saw here, Leftwich is definately a pocket passer. He only runs as a last resort and is not really fast, though he is a long strider and covers some ground. A McNabb type gameplan wouldn't be appropriate, Lefty is not that type of threat. But the guy can sure throw the ball. I'm hoping it won't be too windy, so we can see Brett and Byron throw some bullets.

Appreciate the comparison to B-more and Pats defenses. It's flattering, but I don't think we're there yet. We've got two LB's playing DE due to injury (lost our top 6 DE to injury this year). But the last two games we are getting better pressure and it is starting to gel. Prior to that, we were getting burned on the edges because we are very tough up the middle. I'm a bit concerned to hear that the screen to Green is in the mix.

Yeah, Smith has been unbelievable this year, he really recommitted himself this past offseason, and it is paying off.

What we really need to do is get better in the red-zone. Taylor is not getting it done in short yardage, and we are working in Greg Jones and getting the TE's more involved. With your weather, I'll be a little nervous about having to pound out short yardage.

Thanks!

Jaggernaut1

OP
OP
G

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaggernaut1;
thanks for stopping by and giving us some insite from a jag point of view. The weather forcast for sunday is wind chills of 15 to 20 below zero. This could look a lot like last week before it is all said and done. In these conditions the team who can get their running game going early and complete short passes off play action should come out on top. As a long time packer fan i could see this game coming down to who makes the least mistakes. The football in weather like this turns to stone and a turnover in the second half could make all the difference in this game.Stop by anytime and talk football with us.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice post Jaggernaut its nice to see someone from the opposition posting without all the smack talk. I sure wish these viqueen fans on here had the same courtesy and respect that you have. GO PACK GO

jaggernaut1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks gotarace,

It's nice to chat with cool fans of the game. We get a lot of unrully Steeler and Colts fans on our board. They're still over their trolling right now.

I agree, cold weather football means run the ball. I've gotta hope we can cover the edges. We'll be running it too. Many of us are hoping to see Greg Jones get more in the mix. The kid is chiselled out of solid granite, and we hope he becomes our pounder in short yardage. I worry about Taylor fumbling as he's always cutting and spinning for extra yards and I think that exposes the ball. Green has had his trouble holding onto the ball in the past, and I think your right that a late fumble could be very likely and cost one of us the game.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts