The Saints-Seahawks game ended on one of the worst laterals ever

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/buzzer/sto...-decision-by-marques-colston-011114?gt1=39002

Did any of you guys see this? It not only was one of the worst laterals ever, but it has to be one of the most bone headed plays ever. I don't know what the guy was thinking. Down by 8 points, he caught the pass on the Seattle 37 with 8 seconds left. If he stepped out of bounds, that would have given the Saints one legitimate shot at the end zone or possibly a quick out followed by a shorter shot at the end zone. Instead, he stayed in bounds and lateralled, which was stupid to begin with, but the lateral was forward so a 10 second run off ended the game. I don't understand why he wasn't cut before he reached the locker room.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why the Ref. said, "OK folks. Go home! Game over!" when there was still time left on the clock.
They never take time off for other penalties. Why did they do that for this one?

Edit: I think I may get it now after going to the first link.
For some reason the rules takes 10 seconds off the clock for the team that does this?
Well, that explains that. But I still don't understand why the need to take seconds off this penalty and not any others.

OP
OP
Defense92

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why the Ref. said, "OK folks. Go home! Game over!" when there was still time left on the clock.
They never take time off for other penalties. Why did they do that for this one?

Edit: I think I may get it now after going to the first link.
For some reason the rules takes 10 seconds off the clock for the team that does this?
Well, that explains that. But I still don't understand why the need to take seconds off this penalty and not any others.

I believe penalties on the offense while under a minute left result in a runoff of 10 seconds. It is also what hurt us, along with bad clock management during the final drive in the redzone at the end of the game against the Steelers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts