The road to HFA in the NFC

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I still expect the Falcons to be one of the primary contenders for the #1 seed in the NFC but definitely wouldn't mind being wrong about it.

We shall see. Outside of beating the Packers handily to open their new stadium, they haven't really impressed me. They're a Jordan Howard drop and a 10 second runoff away from being 1-3 with losses to the Bears, Lions, and Bills.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only will Atlanta not win their division, they will miss the playoffs, as I believe Detroit and the second place team in the West between the Rams/Seahawks will be the wild cards. Possibly even Minnesota. It's way too hard to repeat a performance Atlanta put on last year and I just don't see it happening, just like Carolina the year before. If Atlanta does get a wild card spot, that means they will most certainly be seeded lower than us, so they don't concern me too much. Philly looks legit after Thursday but as someone said, we match up better with them than Atlanta. Sometimes you can't look at who someone has played as to why they have the record they do, but by the eye test, and Philly fits that. I was thrilled Philly beat Carolina because we don't play them this year but play Carolina on the road, so I don't want that game to come down to a tie breaker possibility, so hope Carolina loses as much as possible. Right now I see the seedings going 1. Green Bay 2. Philly 3. Carolina 4. L.A. Rams 5. Detroit 6. Seattle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the Steelers have struggled early this season they were definitely pretty good over the past three seasons.

I think the Packers match up way better with the Eagles than they do against the Falcons. FWIW it seems the Panthers were overly cautious with Kuechly yesterday as he didn't show any symptoms today according to their defensive coordinator.

Cautious with their kicker as well. Not sure what kicking era that Ron Rivera is stuck in, but a 58 yard FG is a makeable attempt for almost every kicker in the league these days and certainly worth a try to close out the half. Things might have turned out differently.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
While the Steelers have struggled early this season they were definitely pretty good over the past three seasons.

I think the Packers match up way better with the Eagles than they do against the Falcons. FWIW it seems the Panthers were overly cautious with Kuechly yesterday as he didn't show any symptoms today according to their defensive coordinator.

I definitely agree that the Packers match up better with the Eagles. When healthy, they're about as well equipped as anyone to handle that buzzsaw of a defensive line. PHI runs their passing game through Ertz, and GB defends tight ends far better than wide receivers. And the WR corps in Green Bay can take advantage of their inexperienced cornerbacks.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Zeke can somehow escape his suspension, ATL could go 0-5 putting them as a Wildcard team or missing the Playoffs altogether if they implode.

That's likely a dream scenario though however I do expect them to go 2-3 with wins only against the Jets and Cowboys. Depending on if Carolina let's New Orleans and Tampa get any more upsets, it's a race to #1 with Philly, and they'll definitely drop a few in the NFC East.

Funny that I'm quoting myself.

Zeke just escaped actually being suspended with his appeal. So it's a very real possibility ATL goes 1-4 or at least below .500 in the next 5 games.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny that I'm quoting myself.

Zeke just escaped actually being suspended with his appeal. So it's a very real possibility ATL goes 1-4 or at least below .500 in the next 5 games.
Link to this?.... everything I can find online reflects the Federal appeals court ruling this past Thursday clearing the way for the suspension.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was thrilled Philly beat Carolina because we don't play them this year but play Carolina on the road, so I don't want that game to come down to a tie breaker possibility, so hope Carolina loses as much as possible.

I would have preferred the Panthers to win against the Eagles as the Packers play them during the regular season providing them with a chance to secure the tie breaker over Carolina. On the other side Philadelphia doesn't have a lot of tough opponents out of the NFC left on their remaining schedule making it tough for Green Bay to end up with a better conference record than them if both teams end up tied in the win column.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny, so much Atlanta underrating going on here. Not win division and not make playoffs? :confused:
What's so crazy about that? If a year ago I would've said Carolina would miss the playoffs would you have dismissed it that easily? Because I did say that. They play in a tough division, they haven't exactly dominated anyone except us of course, and it's nearly impossible to repeat the type of performance their offense put up last year. I think last year was the best shot they had at winning a Super Bowl, and boy did they blow it.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, what do you know? The Falcons just lost a home game to Jay Cutler and the Dolphins.

Unfortunately it's a moot point now, as is this thread, now that this is a lost season.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. He was released prior to retirement.
In that case, While I think the chances of it actually happening are less than measurable, I would much rather see Romo out there than Hundley. In full disclosure, I have never felt Hundley had what it takes. That being said, now that he appears to be the guy, I will be rooting for him to succeed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts